Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
The draconic helmet from Draconic Evolution does remove the radiation, if you can stand your shield continuously being damaged. It's really loud, but it does work, from what I remember.

I think that's on the quest tree. Time to start farming Nether Stars.

V

Vakturion

I'm playing FTB revalations.
The tinker tools seem to have 1 modifier slot on them, but the default from what I saw in guides and videos is 3 modifiers, is it changed for this mod pack?

Also how many levels can you get on the tools?

Thanks.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Tinker's Tool Leveling starts tinker tools off with a single modifier if i rember correctly.

As to the latter question, I don't play with that mod as I have a certain speed I like having on my pickaxes, too fast and I don't like using them as much. (Speed is better on a tool you don't care so much about precision on, like a hammer), but i beleive it is configurable.

V

Vakturion

Tinker's Tool Leveling starts tinker tools off with a single modifier if i rember correctly.

As to the latter question, I don't play with that mod as I have a certain speed I like having on my pickaxes, too fast and I don't like using them as much. (Speed is better on a tool you don't care so much about precision on, like a hammer), but i beleive it is configurable.
Thank you very much for the answer :D

I thought it would give an additional 3 modifiers from the description making it sound so OP. This seems more balanced tho :)

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Depends... 3 modifiers makes them somewhat overpowered to start, but later on you'll need more modifiers and those are hard to come by. Tinker Leveling gives you 1 to start and adds more as you use it and while the amount per level increases, leading to more modifiers in total, so the tools actually end up more OP than 'vanilla' Tinker's.

Don_Quijote

Jul 29, 2019
Can somebody explain to me how I add mods to ftb modpacks in twitch launcher? If it's not possible in the app, don't bother, if I need to go manual I don't need the app...

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I'm playing FTB revalations.
The tinker tools seem to have 1 modifier slot on them, but the default from what I saw in guides and videos is 3 modifiers, is it changed for this mod pack?

Also how many levels can you get on the tools?

Thanks.

With leveling, you can get up to 10 modifiers on a tool. I've currently got a 'Heroic' hatchet with Moss, Sharpness I, and Beheading 6. (Would have been no Sharpness and Beheading 7, but I waffled on my first modifier. Moss was second only because I forgot the trick of getting Moss Stone.) Probably as good at getting skulls as the Skulltaker, and will still chop trees. Infusion stability is not a problem any more. :D

V

Vakturion

With leveling, you can get up to 10 modifiers on a tool. I've currently got a 'Heroic' hatchet with Moss, Sharpness I, and Beheading 6. (Would have been no Sharpness and Beheading 7, but I waffled on my first modifier. Moss was second only because I forgot the trick of getting Moss Stone.) Probably as good at getting skulls as the Skulltaker, and will still chop trees. Infusion stability is not a problem any more. :D
Is that in FTB Revelations?
How do I find out how many levels are enabled on my tools? (I tried looking in mod config but it was disabled) The exp for one level is 18k so it's gonna take a while to get up the exp.

Edit: Nevermind, I re-read the mod description, ftb has the start leveling set to 1, not 3. It'll level up to 10 or w/e
Very cool.

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Is that in FTB Revelations?
How do I find out how many levels are enabled on my tools? (I tried looking in mod config but it was disabled) The exp for one level is 18k so it's gonna take a while to get up the exp.

Edit: Nevermind, I re-read the mod description, ftb has the start leveling set to 1, not 3. It'll level up to 10 or w/e
Very cool.

Not playing Revelations, just familiar with the tool-leveling mechanic. I've seen people get Tinkers' tools up to ten levels of Unbreaking (which I think is 'Grand Master')

V

Vakturion

What's the best way to light up inside space without spamming torches? I used to use carpenters blocks and glowstone, but it's not in ftb revelations. Is there a better way?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
What's the best way to light up inside space without spamming torches? I used to use carpenters blocks and glowstone, but it's not in ftb revelations. Is there a better way?
Depending on the config, chisels and bits can light up areas with portions of blocks; I believe the minimum needed by default is a plane of bits (I.e. 16 x 16 x 1); each full block is a 16 x 16 x 16, but I think it can be altered so a smaller amount will provide full light.

CapnPie

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, my friend had a question that I couldn't find the answer to. We're playing on foolcraft and in ae2 my friend was trying to make a crafting pattern for tiny emeralds (which just takes one emerald for 9 tiny emeralds), but instead it wants to make the pattern for emerald skin instead (which also just takes 1 emerald). We couldn't figure out a way to force the pattern to tiny emeralds. I tried shift clicking the recipe but it didn't work.

MaxAstro

Oct 1, 2017
What is the mod in the Sprout modpack that adds an action wheel you can assign various hotkeys to?

A

Artorios Rex

Is there a trick to getting the sacrificial ingot? I have an iron ingot floating on the blood altar, and I've use the blood orb enough to get 1360 mb of life essence in a vanilla tank... but even after pumping >1000 mb (via a ender fluid conduit) into the altar, it still doesn't create the sacrificial ingot.

MaxAstro

Oct 1, 2017
2018-03-03_11.52.42.png
This menu. I was able to find it in the keybinds - it's called MineMenu, for anyone who is curious.

Reactions: KingTriaxx

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Is there a trick to getting the sacrificial ingot? I have an iron ingot floating on the blood altar, and I've use the blood orb enough to get 1360 mb of life essence in a vanilla tank... but even after pumping >1000 mb (via a ender fluid conduit) into the altar, it still doesn't create the sacrificial ingot.
if you pump/add in life essence too slowly for the blood altar recipe the altar will lose recipe progress(essentially wasting essence ).
Short hand this means if the altar ever hits tooo close to 0 lp inside of it u will waste lp.
Better pipes wont really help with getting life essence into the altar because it has an internal limit controlled by # of acceleration and dislocation runes in the altar multi-block .As sacrificing health(yours or mobs) deposits directly into the main lp storage of the altar this flow limit is not relevant for these 2 actions. (pumping it in adds it to a smaller internal part of the altar that has the limit on how much it can move from its self to the main storage).The main storage is what actually does the recipes.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
if you pump/add in life essence too slowly for the blood altar recipe the altar will lose recipe progress(essentially wasting essence ).
Short hand this means if the altar ever hits tooo close to 0 lp inside of it u will waste lp.
Better pipes wont really help with getting life essence into the altar because it has an internal limit controlled by # of acceleration and dislocation runes in the altar multi-block .As sacrificing health(yours or mobs) deposits directly into the main lp storage of the altar this flow limit is not relevant for these 2 actions. (pumping it in adds it to a smaller internal part of the altar that has the limit on how much it can move from its self to the main storage).The main storage is what actually does the recipes.
Everlasting2 is exactly right about this - the internal storage (the main one used in crafting) vs what I'd be tempted to call the "interface storage", which is where LP pumped in and out goes - have a limit on how fast fluid transfers between them. You're probably better investing in some sort of regeneration if you're just trying to make a single or small number of ingots via self-sacrifice, or looking into the Incense Altar to increase the amount of LP you get when you sacrifice.

As a tangent to that: If you want to do a lot with blood previously stored as a fluid and pumped into the altar (which I did in Agrarian Skies way back when), you may want a dedicated altar for that. Because you'll just be pumping liquid and items in, you can dedicate a lot more rune space to the Runes that Ever mentioned - Runes of Dislocation are the key one; Speed Runes help make things faster, but you'll need to make sure you can still pump blood in fast enough. The Runes of Capacity (normal, Augmented and/or Superior) can be useful to make sure you altar has a nice large storage with which to create items too.