Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Astral Sorcery.

I know it's quite visually stunning, but what items are it's "showcase" items? What does this mod do that others don't? What does this mod do better than others?

Basically, what do you play this mod for?
the "wand" that acts like the warding focus from thaumcraft , (edit its name starts with illumination)
constellation attunement "star perks" (discidia = power: better power per shot projectile weaponry,thorns aura, dot)armara = protection , and there is one for travel (there are more attune-able ones but i cant remember off the top of my head) .You can only pick 1 constellation's perks though.
More transmutation recipes is a plus so is a sand gen without a processing machine(only a block breaker or pistons, the first being better for performance then the 2nd)
there probably is a few more (like a different version of a builder wand).

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Astral Sorcery.

I know it's quite visually stunning, but what items are it's "showcase" items? What does this mod do that others don't? What does this mod do better than others?

Basically, what do you play this mod for?
I think I heard one that it has a tile accelerator. Which is interesting to me I suppose because (somehow) I've never used a torcherino, or the chromaticraft version whose name escapes me, or any other tile acceleration mechanism before.

I believe it also has an interesting tree farm mechanism fwiw.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I am trying to find a thing I've built before so I know it exists! lol. But I could have sworn it was Ender IO but I can't find it in any of the wikis.

It was an alternative to the tesseract. If memory serves, it looked like a frame of a cube. I cannot find it for the life of me.

If you know of a better option for power transportation, I'll take that, too. I have all the cliches in my pack.

Edit: and of course, immediately after I give up and ask, I find it. It's the Dimensional Transceiver

Last edited:
Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
The one thing so far that ExU2 pipes have over Thermal Dynamics is that they can filter as many things as you want through the ExU2 filters. Is there any way to have a TD retriever pull more than 9 items into the same block without uglifying it and putting retrievers all over? This is for my auto-processing machine. I want it to pull the ores and whatnot, but as of right now, I can only choose my 9 favorites and have to actually manually do the rest, like with my hands, like some kind of a peasant.

Edit: apparently 15 if I upgrade the receivers to resonant, but still, I'm looking for more if possible

Last edited:
Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
The one thing so far that ExU2 pipes have over Thermal Dynamics is that they can filter as many things as you want through the ExU2 filters. Is there any way to have a TD retriever pull more than 9 items into the same block without uglifying it and putting retrievers all over? This is for my auto-processing machine. I want it to pull the ores and whatnot, but as of right now, I can only choose my 9 favorites and have to actually manually do the rest, like with my hands, like some kind of a peasant.

Edit: apparently 15 if I upgrade the receivers to resonant, but still, I'm looking for more if possible
it is possible to use a phantom face , the main logic for them is what ever enters this block gets insert into the phantom faces paired block (they dont have to be touching but there is a range limit like 6 blocks away max ?) ,
so if u bind a phantom face to a storage inventory like a chest or a crate any items you pump into the phantom face (like from a retriever pulling items into its self) will get placed into the bound inventory.(each side of the phantom face does the same thing so u can have multiple retrievers on it) All u would "need" to have visible is the servo moving from the chest to the machine (unless the machine can pull from an adjacent inventory then nothing else is visible )

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019

Are you taking advantage of the ore dictionary matching option? If the common ores (copper, tin, lead, etc) have 2-3 varieties each, that could help cut down on slots needed quite a bit.

Reactions: Drbretto

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Are you taking advantage of the ore dictionary matching option? If the common ores (copper, tin, lead, etc) have 2-3 varieties each, that could help cut down on slots needed quite a bit.

Yes! I found that one out accidentally, too. Only, it was with dyes, then I confirmed it with wood. I am still tweaking all that, though.

Soon, I will have to figure out how phantom faces work, but I actually think 15 will be sufficient for this system anyway. I don't want to do end the whole game on this one. This is to Make it easier to build a much, much bigger and more complicated one down the line. It's all good.

Much, much more important question: IS there a mod that let's you shoot arrows off like a machine gun? Like, no infinity, you have to have the arrows, but you can shoot em off like 10 per second? And if not, where's a good place to start on how to make a mod?

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Two questions.

For the latest versions of Tinkers' Construct,like the one in Direwolf20's 1.12.x pack,does embossing a tool remove the traits of the original part,or do you keep the traits of the old part,while adding the traits of the new one to it? Like,say,if I emboss a silver blade onto my manyullyn-bladed rapier,will I keep Insatiable and add Holy,or will Insatiable be replaced with Holy?

Second,will ardite's Pteramour trait work with Silk Touched smoothstone,and will it work with materials that get sucked up by a secondary inventory,like a /dank/null?

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Much, much more important question: IS there a mod that let's you shoot arrows off like a machine gun? Like, no infinity, you have to have the arrows, but you can shoot em off like 10 per second? And if not, where's a good place to start on how to make a mod?
Yes, there is one, called "Fine Stuff". It has a Launcher which can shoot arrows, potions and TNT. The mod isn't on the curseforge, though.

D

Daihok

I am trying to find a thing I've built before so I know it exists! lol. But I could have sworn it was Ender IO but I can't find it in any of the wikis.

It was an alternative to the tesseract. If memory serves, it looked like a frame of a cube. I cannot find it for the life of me.

If you know of a better option for power transportation, I'll take that, too. I have all the cliches in my pack.

Edit: and of course, immediately after I give up and ask, I find it. It's the Dimensional Transceiver

I posted in a thread someone just started. But i I do recommend Flux Networks. It truly is a great mod once ya get it figured out.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Two questions.

For the latest versions of Tinkers' Construct,like the one in Direwolf20's 1.12.x pack,does embossing a tool remove the traits of the original part,or do you keep the traits of the old part,while adding the traits of the new one to it? Like,say,if I emboss a silver blade onto my manyullyn-bladed rapier,will I keep Insatiable and add Holy,or will Insatiable be replaced with Holy?

Second,will ardite's Pteramour trait work with Silk Touched smoothstone,and will it work with materials that get sucked up by a secondary inventory,like a /dank/null?
I can’t answer for the Petramor question, but embossment will add the trait, without removing any - that’s why it’s so expensive! :) and it can only be done once.

J

Jora123

Hi guys. Can u explain me in a few words differences between normal mod and expert mod in 1.7.10 ftb infinity evolved. Expert mod only making game harder? Does it have extra stuff? Sorry for my eng, not my native language

Отправлено с моего SM-G925F через Tapatalk

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
It makes the game much harder, but also requires you to use multiple mods in new ways. Such as requiring Industrial Craft Machines to make EnderIO ones.

L

lizard2547

So, I'm on Direwolf20 1.12, and I started to ferment some stuff with Binnie's Extra Trees. However, it seems that some recipes are missing, such as the one for fermented potatoes. Am I missing something, and if not, is this a problem the development team might address in a future patch?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
For FTB Beyond, is it possible to remove reliquary and tech reborn without any impact on the overall gameplay?
I don't believe so. While Reliquary has some neat tools, Tech Reborn seems a little unfinished and rough round the edges. The only other thing I'd say is that if you're not starting anew, you need to watch out for items and blocks from those mods when you remove them. Minecraft usually handles it fairly well by deleting them for you, but that can be an issue I believe.

Reactions: Everlasting2

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
This just started happening, I'm hoping it's common enough someone will know what's up.

Doesn't matter what I set the ram to in twitch, it's running it all the way up until the game crashes fir lack of ram. I had it on 10 gigs, I have 16. I brought it down to 8, same story. I pulled up the task manager to see if I could catch a third party culprit, but saw Minecraft using up well over 13 gigs.

What do?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
This just started happening, I'm hoping it's common enough someone will know what's up.

Doesn't matter what I set the ram to in twitch, it's running it all the way up until the game crashes fir lack of ram. I had it on 10 gigs, I have 16. I brought it down to 8, same story. I pulled up the task manager to see if I could catch a third party culprit, but saw Minecraft using up well over 13 gigs.

What do?

Once you start getting to those levels the garbage collector has a habit of struggling if not completely dying. I don't think it's been due to an out of memory exception though in my experience. Does it happen with 4-6 gigs dedicated without texture packs / shaders enabled?

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
PC's off as I saw this, so I can't check on that part just yet.

But, this just started happening. I've been running many, many 1.10+ modpacks with these exact settings. Including this one. No shaders, only texture pack is the 32x faithful and dramatic skies. And I've been using both of those for a long long time. Same gobbledygook Java arguments that have served me well for at least a year now, too.

Something is broken somewhere.