Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Two questions:

What mod might be the culprit in Sprout or Openblocks that's not in Beyond that would break my ability to use custom skies? The Custom Skies option is set to on, before someone thinks I missed the obvious.

And, I don't have any hope here, but does anyone know if there's a fix for using inverted sky blocks with shaders? Breaks everything I've got as soon as they would be on screen.
I wonder if the animated chunk loader or maybe Astral Sorcery would be messing with the sky somehow, but it's a wild guess at best.

When it comes to shaders, I've got nothing. Sorry man.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Well, it's as good a place to start as any.

It's not chunk animator, which is good because I really like it lol. It's not the settings. I've been through every setting multiple times.

I can't get it to load by taking astral sorcery out. There must be a dependency. But it's a good point that you brought up. I can't see any astral sorcery sky either. No stars, nothing. And it's the same whether "Stars" and "Sky" are on. I can see the sun and the moon, and if I'm running a texture pack that changes them, that part works, but the sky is like permanently shut off regardless of settings.

Edit: wait, no, there are blinking stars that show up, but the background is still blank.

Last edited:

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I tried adding better foliage, too, and gats not doing anything.

I peaked back over my showcase and none of my Sprout vids have any custom sky going on, so whatever it is was in the pack already. It's not something I added that broke it I don't think... Ugh

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Ok, an actual question this time.

In Sprout, is there any kind of wireless/ compact redstone wiring option? I'm trying to squeeze a bunch of things into a tight area.

MaxAstro

Oct 1, 2017
Everything in SF3 comes down to chickens, eventually. I'm pretty sure end game is just a massive chicken farm stretching into the horizon that provides infinite everything. XD

Question: Is there any mod that adds a climbing rope, like Rustic, but also allows you to pick up the rope from the top (sorta like Better Than Wolves' pitons, if anyone is familiar)? Situation: I have an airship (DaVinci's Ships), and I would like to be able to park it in the air, drop rope to climb down, and then later climb back up and easily recollect the rope.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Everything in SF3 comes down to chickens, eventually. I'm pretty sure end game is just a massive chicken farm stretching into the horizon that provides infinite everything. XD

Question: Is there any mod that adds a climbing rope, like Rustic, but also allows you to pick up the rope from the top (sorta like Better Than Wolves' pitons, if anyone is familiar)? Situation: I have an airship (DaVinci's Ships), and I would like to be able to park it in the air, drop rope to climb down, and then later climb back up and easily recollect the rope.
The OpenBlocks Rope Ladder. Functions the same as a ladder and you just put it on the top block.

MaxAstro

Oct 1, 2017
From what I've read that's not recollectable - I'd have to craft a new one each time. Which is fine, I suppose, I'm swimming in string. I'd just prefer a renewable method.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Travel Anchor? Leave one with the ship, then you can teleport back to that and pick up the block. Most of the options only function for recollecting from the ground. What version is SF3? If it's still a version with Tinker's Draw bridges, you could always just extend down some scaffolding from IC2 or IE.

MaxAstro

Oct 1, 2017
Sorry, I'm not actually on SF3, I was just commenting on the above post. Sadly the modpack I'm on doesn't have Tinker Tools. I think I'll just use Rustic's rope and live with losing half a stack of it each time - it's cheap and like I said, I'm swimming in string.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, an actual question this time.

In Sprout, is there any kind of wireless/ compact redstone wiring option? I'm trying to squeeze a bunch of things into a tight area.

I believe RFTools has a block that can be programmed for all kinds of Redstone dohickies, but I forget what it's called off hand.

MaxAstro

Oct 1, 2017
It breaks the leaves, it doesn't gather them - unless it has a silk touch upgrade I don't know about?