Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any paintable "phantom" blocks in 1.7.10? Something that allows players to pass through but looks otherwise like a block that you select. Kind of like ethereal glass, but that can be retextured into any other block.

I remember some mod around quantum-ish that did this, though I don't remember the mod (I don't think it was QuantumFlux).

Want to hide my wiring but allow access to the wiring corridor without having to knock out the wall to get in.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
S

schwembo

FTB Beyond 1.10.2

What is the cheapest solution for Wireless Power and Item Transportation Across dimensions?

And whats the favorite Solution for "short" wireless transferation inside of my base?

Thanks!

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
FTB Beyond 1.10.2

What is the cheapest solution for Wireless Power and Item Transportation Across dimensions?

And whats the favorite Solution for "short" wireless transferation inside of my base?

Thanks!
For long range power, Flux points from the Flux points mod. Ender Chest for items. If you can use the EnderIO Tesseract like thing, I don't know the name.

Short range base power. Extra Utilities 2, wireless transmitter.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
OH! That actually solves a problem I'm having autocrafting with certain Mekanism machines (they don't seem to want to accept regular input and "extra" input on the same face, so attaching a Crafter directly doesn't work). Thanks, that's really good to know.
That's a Mekanism weirdness. Definitely insert into a chest and then pull out into them. If you're running the Metallurgic Infuser, ensure you've tried to enrich the stuff for bonus and then use an exporter to pump them full. Compressed Redstone for example gives 80 instead of 10.
No problem! :) I've actually done a similar thing myself very recently in Regrowth (1.7.10) - I've actually got it set up for multiple machines - so the interface goes into a chest, and then the inputs are pulled out using the Mekanism logistical sorter - you can add filters which can tag items with colours, as well as get them pull out in certain stack sizes I think, there is also a round-robin mode that can be enabled for a particular filter. So I've got redstone (Enriched for the 80 instead of 10 as triaxx mentioned) set to red, for example, and tagged the pipe leading into the "Extras" side of the Infuser with red (just the piece of pipe directly adjacent) and iron set to blue and tagged the pipe leading into the "Input" side with blue - that means that when the items are pulled out, they'll go where they're meant to. I've done the same thing for my carbon, diamond and obsidian infusers, and all are on the same interface, with the items routed to their correct infusers via the logistical sorter. Needless to say for recipe balance, I've told it that the recipe is 1 compressed redstone + 8 iron to make 8 enriched alloy.

EDIT: Needless to say, if redstone/carbon isn't an issue for you, you can just export those (compressed first) directly in instead of having it as part of the recipe, as Triaxx mentioned. I actually did do that for the carbon one eventually.

Reactions: Everlasting2

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Are there any paintable "phantom" blocks in 1.7.10? Something that allows players to pass through but looks otherwise like a block that you select. Kind of like ethereal glass, but that can be retextured into any other block.

I remember some mod around quantum-ish that did this, though I don't remember the mod (I don't think it was QuantumFlux).

Want to hide my wiring but allow access to the wiring corridor without having to knock out the wall to get in.
dark ulties has sneaky blocks that can look like any/most blocks the false ones will result in them only appearing to be there in the sense u can pass through them

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019

I had a hidden safe room in a 1.7 world that I created with Secret Rooms. The camouflage blocks work similarly to your request, and you can make one-way windows as well.

Reactions: OniyaMCD

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
To take a slightly less callous tack, healing Zombie Villagers probably doesn't have a cap detection.
The cap isn't based on how to the villagers were made, just the number of villagers, to make villagers breed you need a 3:1 door:villager ratio.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Ah ha! Secret Rooms, that's the name of the mod. I couldn't remember what it was. (It's a secret to everyone.)

Yeah, I'm looking to have some fun with the Logistical sorter in my LP. Logistics Pipes has some issues with mod item sorting the way I'm doing it, so the Mek pipe sorting is exactly what I need.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
The cap isn't based on how to the villagers were made, just the number of villagers, to make villagers breed you need a 3:1 door:villager ratio.

Ah, but the important thing in this case is getting new villagers. Breeding is usually less expensive (bunch of doors and a roof), but given the useful trick of starting the cure and then Safari-netting the little buggers, I can simply pipe Mob Essence into the Auto-Spawner until I get the one that I want: an Apiarist with a Monastic Bee trade. No further potions or Golden Apples required. (In 1.7, the villager profession is determined at the time of transformation, not at the time of initial spawn.) I'll have Mob Essence galore coming from my Slime and Spider farms (because wth, Eye of Galgador? o_O)

MaxAstro

Oct 1, 2017
I don't think thats how TreeCapitator works unfortunately. I believe it recognizes logWood and cuts all vertical logWood above it.

Sadly there must be more to it then that. Menril logs ARE in logWood, and I've enabled ore dictionary recognition in TreeCapitator, but still not working.

APEX_gaming

Jul 23, 2017
Sadly there must be more to it then that. Menril logs ARE in logWood, and I've enabled ore dictionary recognition in TreeCapitator, but still not working.
It's the enriched logs, treecapatator isn't designed for trees with more than one block type

MaxAstro

Oct 1, 2017
Yeah, I just discovered that. It actually handles them fine unless there is enriched wood below the first layer of leaves. Any enriched wood above that gets chopped, but if the "root" has enriched wood then you have to manually replace it with regular wood before chopping it.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Two questions:

What mod might be the culprit in Sprout or Openblocks that's not in Beyond that would break my ability to use custom skies? The Custom Skies option is set to on, before someone thinks I missed the obvious.

And, I don't have any hope here, but does anyone know if there's a fix for using inverted sky blocks with shaders? Breaks everything I've got as soon as they would be on screen.

Last edited: