Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Botania and Blood Magic both offer options for potions. I've not used them since 1.7, but I don't remember it being overly tedious (although the opening to Blood Magic was a bit rough at the time). The Blood Magic potions are strong and can be used multiple times.

Depending on the potions you want, an efficient Witch farm could provide a decent supply.
I think the Botania one (Botanical Brewery) is nice - a single step, instead of multiples, and a vial or flask containing 4 or 6 doses of the potion instead of 3 non-stacking single-use potions.

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
Does anyone know of a good guide for using forestry circuit boards and the soldering iron to upgrade machines OTHER than the electrical engine and multifarm? I only recently discovered that they could be used for other things!
You can use them in the Centrifuge and Squeezer; that much I know. Other than that just look in the top right for a place to put it.

MaxAstro

Oct 1, 2017
In Refined Storage, when you put the Pattern Grid into "processing pattern" mode, what does the "blocking" checkbox do?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
In Refined Storage, when you put the Pattern Grid into "processing pattern" mode, what does the "blocking" checkbox do?
If memory serves, it means that the system will only allow autocrafting one at a time.

Whether that means it will wait until the inventory into which its inserting is free, or whether it means it waits until the product of the processing is received by the system, I'm not sure.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I believe AE's version waited for the product, but I don't know about the RS version. Easy enough to test. Try crafting something into a chest, and then pull the items. If no more arrive, then it's waiting for the final product.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Does anyone know if it's possible to get the Steadfast bee in IE: Skyblock? It seems that the Loonium is disabled, which is my normal skyblock go-to for this one. (I can already see that Villager breeding is in my future as well. Flippin' Monastic line...)

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Does anyone know if it's possible to get the Steadfast bee in IE: Skyblock? It seems that the Loonium is disabled, which is my normal skyblock go-to for this one. (I can already see that Villager breeding is in my future as well. Flippin' Monastic line...)
Villager breeding is fun, all you need is a "ViIlage" and keep them out of the village to prevent the bred villagers from being added to the Village's Villager Cap.
Or wait? Isn't that 1.8+ village mechanics?

MaxAstro

Oct 1, 2017
If memory serves, it means that the system will only allow autocrafting one at a time.

Whether that means it will wait until the inventory into which its inserting is free, or whether it means it waits until the product of the processing is received by the system, I'm not sure.

OH! That actually solves a problem I'm having autocrafting with certain Mekanism machines (they don't seem to want to accept regular input and "extra" input on the same face, so attaching a Crafter directly doesn't work). Thanks, that's really good to know.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
That's a Mekanism weirdness. Definitely insert into a chest and then pull out into them. If you're running the Metallurgic Infuser, ensure you've tried to enrich the stuff for bonus and then use an exporter to pump them full. Compressed Redstone for example gives 80 instead of 10.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Villager breeding is fun, all you need is a "ViIlage" and keep them out of the village to prevent the bred villagers from being added to the Village's Villager Cap.
Or wait? Isn't that 1.8+ village mechanics?

There are ways to get around caps that don't even alert the Iron Golems. (Environmental damage doesn't count as 'player kills'. I've hunted pigmen this way.)

To take a slightly less callous tack, healing Zombie Villagers probably doesn't have a cap detection.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Natura. In 1.10.2, you can't eat the berries without hunger down so no more saturation abuse. :(
really he nerfed that ? 1 pt of saturation really does almost nothing if ur actually in danger where it would be helpful even if u stacked it its still meh (compared to easy to reach modded foods)

also last i check villger power spawners are blacklisted by default in ender io .

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
really he nerfed that ? 1 pt of saturation really does almost nothing if ur actually in danger where it would be helpful even if u stacked it its still meh (compared to easy to reach modded foods)

also last i check villger power spawners are blacklisted by default in ender io .
It's still good abuse with The Spice of Life.

Reactions: Everlasting2

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
EnderIO Powered Spawners work...

While tedious, I can see a pathway to the Monastic line. Not really a biggie. The one I was curious about is the Steadfast, which normally only comes along in dungeon loot. Got a significant absence of dungeons around here. *scans the Void*

It's not a necessary thing (only breeds to the Heroic, which has a nice Effect to it, but no rare product to farm), but my collecting impulses are whispering to me.

(Also, while Villager spawners are disabled, you can nab a Zombie Villager in a Safari Net and get a few 'patients')

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
if ur using safari net route then you might as well start the cleanse for them then seal them inside the net

So, if you do that, and put the net in an Auto-Spawner... will they spawn out mid-cure? That may save me a lot of brewing...