Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
Enderium for the bolts. And already mentioned is the signalum for the crossbow.
i guess the pack im playing nerfed both lumium and signalum lumium does very little damage and poor arrow speed so the bolt falls at your feet and signalum has good damge but almost a 6 second reload

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Oh, it's okay, I did it on purpose.

Is 5x even possible to fully automate without Pam's?
thermal evaporation plant , produces brine which is the same chemical that salt dissolves into (some additional processes spike the efficiency of the gas for 4x) 5x needs sulfur which can be derived from gunpowder in mek which can be sourced from a mob farming having creepers (i think the lasers can kill mobs when used a certain way , theres probably an item way too with the lasers or u could use some vannila methods)
i guess the pack im playing nerfed both lumium and signalum lumium does very little damage and poor arrow speed so the bolt falls at your feet and signalum has good damge but almost a 6 second reload
after a certain version extra tic it self nerfed some of those op mats into the ground

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
thermal evaporation plant , produces brine which is the same chemical that salt dissolves into (some additional processes spike the efficiency of the gas for 4x) 5x needs sulfur which can be derived from gunpowder in mek which can be sourced from a mob farming having creepers (i think the lasers can kill mobs when used a certain way , theres probably an item way too with the lasers or u could use some vannila methods)
after a certain version extra tic it self nerfed some of those op mats into the ground
Mekanism also has naturally spawning Salt Blocks. Similar to Clay rarity, finding them makes you salty.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

MaxAstro

Oct 1, 2017
Astral Sorcery: How does growing rock crystals work? Do I just toss a crystal into a tile of liquid starlight and walk away? Will it despawn after five minutes like most items? Does it have to be night/high elevation for it to grow?

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
seems enderium is the best for the crossbow thats 1 more thing that need a crap ton of ender pearls for.
anyone got tips for beating a divine RPG icekia dungeon? the machinegun skeletons rip me apart before i can even get close to light up the spawner

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Ah, so it is possible. (Digi Miner can automate cobble, crusher that to gravel>flint>Gunpowder>Sulfur (using hydrogen chloride/salt))
you are completely right i forgot that path. still cant find enough salt in world gen to be truly useful for anything but a small amount of ores(which is not enough )unless u have some shiny ore u wanna stretch
Astral Sorcery: How does growing rock crystals work? Do I just toss a crystal into a tile of liquid starlight and walk away? Will it despawn after five minutes like most items? Does it have to be night/high elevation for it to grow?
it should not need night or high elevation (but saying that most of the time i was high up anyways because i was near my altar island which needed to be high up and in specific xz location) im sorry i cant help with more of this set of questions

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
seems enderium is the best for the crossbow thats 1 more thing that need a crap ton of ender pearls for.
anyone got tips for beating a divine RPG icekia dungeon? the machinegun skeletons rip me apart before i can even get close to light up the spawner
If I recall correctly, Steel had decent damage until you unlock the Pearly Gate.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Does anyone know of a good guide for using forestry circuit boards and the soldering iron to upgrade machines OTHER than the electrical engine and multifarm? I only recently discovered that they could be used for other things!

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a decent mod that makes potion brewing less incredibly tedious?

Botania and Blood Magic both offer options for potions. I've not used them since 1.7, but I don't remember it being overly tedious (although the opening to Blood Magic was a bit rough at the time). The Blood Magic potions are strong and can be used multiple times.

Depending on the potions you want, an efficient Witch farm could provide a decent supply.