Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
past a certain mek version its built into the hud of both producers and consumers , clicking the piece that says using/producing cycles the power unit displayed(i think this is changed across all mek stuff when cycled )
Ah awesome, I'll do that when I get on next, thank you! :) I was wondering what the 4 Bio-Generators I've got sitting in a chest might kick out, but I can wait til later to find that out. There's certainly no point having them just sitting there when I could be making power inexpensively, even if its not a huge amount.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Well, at least I can turn the platform into a mob grinder when I'm done with it. *grumbles*
Yeah.

BTW: Depending on your ic2 version, if you care about efficiency and you're forced to use IC2 cables, do yourself a favour and up-transform your power before sending it down. Presumably you'll be sending power around 110-120 blocks. Gold cables or better will save a lot of power in transmission.

Also-also, again version-dependent, be careful about what you send that power into. I could be wrong but it may overwhelm LV machines and possibly even MV machines.

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
I closed the multiMC console window, but the game is still running. Is there a way to re-open the console without closing minecraft and restarting the instance? (For the future, since I don't expect to get an answer so quickly as to be relevant for this particular case.)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Yeah.

BTW: Depending on your ic2 version, if you care about efficiency and you're forced to use IC2 cables, do yourself a favour and up-transform your power before sending it down. Presumably you'll be sending power around 110-120 blocks. Gold cables or better will save a lot of power in transmission.

Also-also, again version-dependent, be careful about what you send that power into. I could be wrong but it may overwhelm LV machines and possibly even MV machines.

Eh - it's not going to be used very often if I can help it. I'll probably just set up the one machine that seems to require kU right there, do the one thing I need to do with it, and basically ignore it in favor of other power. I might see how much craziness I can accomplish with a tower of Immersive Engineering water wheels (if I can get the water to direct properly.)

79Qn8II.png

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Eh - it's not going to be used very often if I can help it. I'll probably just set up the one machine that seems to require kU right there, do the one thing I need to do with it, and basically ignore it in favor of other power. I might see how much craziness I can accomplish with a tower of Immersive Engineering water wheels (if I can get the water to direct properly.)

79Qn8II.png
at around y =160 a carbon rotor does produce on avg 100 eu/t(400rf/t) if u change over to using a kinetic generator after ur done with the tuning table (rain = +20% power output , thunderstorm = +50% instead of +20%) and it lasts for 168 hrs of play time before the rotor needs to be replaced . if u are forced to use ic2 cable u might as well just charge batterys/crystals and enderchest(or teleport) the charged item down to your eu power area

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
JEI - when I try to have it move the items up to the crafting table, it pops up with a message saying JEI needs to be installed on the server.

OK, so I threw the JEI mod back on the server. But it's still not working. Is there another file or folder I need to move? Once you get used to this feature, there's no going back, lol

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Also, I have a friesian cow and a friesian bull trapped in a pen with an autofeeder, but they refuse to bone. This is Sprout, and I know there's some changes to animals, but what am I missing here?

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I disabled the gravestones in favor of Tomb Many Graves that's already in the pack. I haven't been killed yet (and I'm like level 45, so I really need to build something to store that XP before I do get murdered) so I don't know if it'll be a problem or not yet. Otherwise, so far, I have not run into any problems, but I'm still just getting started.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I have a friesian cow and a friesian bull trapped in a pen with an autofeeder, but they refuse to bone. This is Sprout, and I know there's some changes to animals, but what am I missing here?

Animania changes the way animal behavior works. Try using a Trough to give them water - it's usually the part people miss when dealing with the new behaviors.
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/animania

Reactions: Drbretto

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I disabled the gravestones in favor of Tomb Many Graves that's already in the pack. I haven't been killed yet (and I'm like level 45, so I really need to build something to store that XP before I do get murdered) so I don't know if it'll be a problem or not yet. Otherwise, so far, I have not run into any problems, but I'm still just getting started.

Ars Magica has a Journal that can store XP. EnderIO Experience Obelisk is an option at some point, but might be out of reach for early game. There are other ways, but not all of them are obvious.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Ars Magica has a Journal that can store XP. EnderIO Experience Obelisk is an option at some point, but might be out of reach for early game. There are other ways, but not all of them are obvious.

I didn't know about the one for ARS Magica. I was bracing myself for having to go straight for the obelisk, but that requires soul sand I believe!

Luckily, I'm a great big cheating cheater and I added openblocks, and that has XP storage options as well. I just need to get me some obsidian!

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
I didn't know about the one for ARS Magica. I was bracing myself for having to go straight for the obelisk, but that requires soul sand I believe!

Luckily, I'm a great big cheating cheater and I added openblocks, and that has XP storage options as well. I just need to get me some obsidian!
Yes, you need to make Soularium which is gold and soul sand in the Alloy smelter.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Yeah, and I think in the spirit of the mod, I will need to man up and get that soul sand rather than use the openblocks method. If I'm going to survive, it's gotta be legit.

Wicked223

Jul 29, 2019
I made a simple program in RFTools Control, that turns a generator off when its buffer is full. The opcode at [5,1] is giving an unspecified internal error; any idea what could be the problem?

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
So, got the server sort of working. But, all of the NPCs are control blocks, lol. Any idea what mod I might have deleted unnecessarily? This is for Sprout.

For openblocks, BTW, I know I was the one that was asking, but just in case anyone else was curious, it looks like it's literally everything! I can't wait to have some fun with those skyblocks because last time I tried on 1.7, they were bugged. Now they work and there's a lot I can do with them. Also, even the height map projectors.

I don't believe you have to remove client only mods from the server instance any more. So to help with your JEI/NEI issue just copy everything back into place and see how it runs.

Reactions: Drbretto

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I don't believe you have to remove client only mods from the server instance any more. So to help with your JEI/NEI issue just copy everything back into place and see how it runs.

Oh, I did not know that...

As for these two issues, I have resolved the first one. It wasn't a mod. I had to enable command blocks on the server.properties file. As for JEI, well, it looks like the upload didn't take, lol. I must have forgotten to click something, but I just looked at the files and it's not in there. So, hopefully, that will do it.

But, for the future, this is good to know. I did notice that I had some mods in there that the server warned me about that were client side only, rather than just crashing. I just thought it was just those mods specifically.