Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
What non-vanilla sources of aqua affinity exist in PO2?

EnderIO enchanter can make an aqua affinity book but can only be used on vanilla armor. I'm currently using zivicio armor for general use (damage reduction plus creative flight from the set bonus); I suppose I could switch to a flight ring or jetpack and use a vanilla helm.

Getting tired of the mining speed reduction as I build (or break/move things) while flying.
I don't think there is anything in any mod that cancels mining speed reduction from flight
i remember something from draconic evolution does negate that it probably was an armor piece ?
consulting the manual it seems that the draconic chestplate has a passive that removes the slowdown while flying (while also granting flight to the wearer)
draconic evolution tools should be able to cope(without the chestplate) with the "flying causes harvest speed reduction" because they can have a fast mode and a slow mode
(the modes are a key thing because other wise u have to have a tool that is "tooo fast" for flying time and bad for general use requiring you to have a separate tool for other times)

APEX_gaming

Jul 23, 2017
is there a way to make IE machines run when there's nothing to do? I want to use the excavators as decoration in a quarry, but I don't want to have them wasting power if there aren't any ores

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
is there a way to make IE machines run when there's nothing to do? I want to use the excavators as decoration in a quarry, but I don't want to have them wasting power if there aren't any ores
No there isn't. Besides there very power hungry. 2k RF a tick. And you said multiple.

APEX_gaming

Jul 23, 2017
thanks!

now, because I am a n00b : is there anything similar to the Ender-Thermic Pump in FTB Beyond, now that the pump itself isn't in the game?
The Pump from Ranged pumps, probably need to chunkload it though

Also, while i'm here, does anyone know what mod makes the background fuzzy in All the mods 3, and, more importantly, how to disable it? kills my FPS in the menus

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
I think the mod you're looking for is called blur. Not sure if it's in ATM 3, but it definitely does that.

Prominthore

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to decide which Modpack to play next. Have been enjoying Skyfactory 3, but want to move to a pack with a world to explore. I'm looking at Age of Engineering or Beyond. I like the look of progression in AoE but i'm worried that I will get too bogged down with item management. Beyond has Refined storage to take care of the item management for me but doesn't have the progression as much.
My favorite modpack ever by far is Bloodnbones, but I'm looking for a more relaxed, high tech pack at this point. Anyone got tips or ideas?

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Trying to decide which Modpack to play next. Have been enjoying Skyfactory 3, but want to move to a pack with a world to explore. I'm looking at Age of Engineering or Beyond. I like the look of progression in AoE but i'm worried that I will get too bogged down with item management. Beyond has Refined storage to take care of the item management for me but doesn't have the progression as much.
My favorite modpack ever by far is Bloodnbones, but I'm looking for a more relaxed, high tech pack at this point. Anyone got tips or ideas?
You could try all the mods.

APEX_gaming

Jul 23, 2017
FTB beyond 2.0 should be coming out soon with an expert mode

Reactions: cap.1o

APEX_gaming

Jul 23, 2017
I think the mod you're looking for is called blur. Not sure if it's in ATM 3, but it definitely does that.
I can confirm that it is Blur, and, after disabling it, I can also confirm that my FPS is much happier while in the menus

C

cap.1o

Hey ! Do you know if some fertilized dirt or some dirt with bone meal effect is in Beyond pack ?
I use forestry and ender io farm but it's not quick enough. I'm afraid the bone meal inside the enderIo farm slow the process. I mean one tick to bone meal process and then on tick on a second time to harvest the field.
I have gone 2 Ender Io Farm and the XL Forestry farm but the rate of return is so low. I don't understand why.

I did already put worms and fertilized pad every where.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
FTB beyond 2.0 should be coming out soon with an expert mode

Beyond no longer will have "expert mode"... They were working on a separate Expert pack for the existing 1.10.2 version of Beyond but put that on a back burner after MC 1.12 was released and a version of Forge soon followed.

As I understand the announcements (See the FtB News threads) the 1.12 version of Beyond will come first and then the separate Expert pack will come later, but they have to wait for the mods to update to 1.12 and/or be replaced.

On the plus side since Mojang announced that 1.13 is a tech update and Forge has determined that many if not most mods may break, it's looking like 1.12 will be the standard version of MC for at least a day or two :D

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Beyond no longer will have "expert mode"... They were working on a separate Expert pack for the existing 1.10.2 version of Beyond but put that on a back burner after MC 1.12 was released and a version of Forge soon followed.

As I understand the announcements (See the FtB News threads) the 1.12 beyond will come first and then the separate Expert pack will come later, but they have to wait for the mods to update to 1.12 and/or be replaced.

On the plus side since Mojang announced that 1.13 is a tech update and Forge has determined that many if not most mods may break, it's looking like 1.12 will be the standard version of MC for at least a day or two :D
This is good to hear - that's what we'd expected based on what we heard, but you never know when Mojang is going to pull an unexpected move, so I think if modmakers settle comfortably into 1.12 , that will be a good place to rest. I've still not had chance to play with the cool changes made to things like Actually Additions and Immersive Engineering for 1.11 yet!

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
thanks!

now, because I am a n00b : is there anything similar to the Ender-Thermic Pump in FTB Beyond, now that the pump itself isn't in the game?

The immersive engineering pump does most of those features as well, the ranged pump in 1.10 packs has some issues with spending a ton of time looking for a liquid in its huge range that it seems to not be working but eventually it does find stuff. The IE pump has a much smaller range but seems to get going as soon as you have it powered and configured.

APEX_gaming

Jul 23, 2017
Hey ! Do you know if some fertilized dirt or some dirt with bone meal effect is in Beyond pack ?
I use forestry and ender io farm but it's not quick enough. I'm afraid the bone meal inside the enderIo farm slow the process. I mean one tick to bone meal process and then on tick on a second time to harvest the field.
I have gone 2 Ender Io Farm and the XL Forestry farm but the rate of return is so low. I don't understand why.

I did already put worms and fertilized pad every where.
unless you're making a tree farm, I would switch over to Immersive Engineering Garden Cloches, they're cheap, only taking so minor metals, treated wood, and a tad bit of glowstone, Are EXTREAMLY fast, Compact (which is ironic considering that this is from Immersive engineering), only taking up a 1x1x3 block space, and don't take much energy, only a mere 8rf/t. The only downside is that they require water to be input into them to grom the crops, but this isn't to hard if you use an ender IO reservoir.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Are there any questing modpacks that don't try to cram Botania into inappropriate places?

zBob

Jul 29, 2019

I am biased as I like Age of Engineering enough that I help out on its forum thread whenever I can, but I would say it has done a great job of defining progression where as Beyond is an optimized kitchen sink pack. The whole AoE pack has done a great job of forcing me to use mods I never used before at all or requiring me to use aspects of mods I would routinely ignore. For item storage I always jumped to the AE or RS systems as soon as possible because why would I waste time on building something I would just end up replacing later. This pack I decided to play through it as I feel the designer intended so I spent an hour or so setting up an Ender IO inventory panel connected to my room of crates. I like that well enough that I am pretty sure that will last me until I unlock AE2, other people have setup RFTools systems and others have tried to explain the Extra Utilities 2 inventory sorter but that didn't seem like a thing I wanted to use.

tl;dr There are other things in the pack besides chests and jumping all the way to AE2.