Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
I

ireneianthine

I've got a weird question,, I don't know where else to post it. I'm trying to play sky factory 3 and during the panicked press every button to try and save yourself from falling- yet somehow still dying chaos. I SOMEHOW managed to make it so when i look at leave or a tree in general (even if i just point the cross-hairs and a log) all the leaves go see through and look one block thick,,,, its extremely annoying especially since i like the way the thick leaves look. and as soon as i look away from the tree they go back to not transparent. Any help would be extremely appreciated thank you.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I've got a weird question,, I don't know where else to post it. I'm trying to play sky factory 3 and during the panicked press every button to try and save yourself from falling- yet somehow still dying chaos. I SOMEHOW managed to make it so when i look at leave or a tree in general (even if i just point the cross-hairs and a log) all the leaves go see through and look one block thick,,,, its extremely annoying especially since i like the way the thick leaves look. and as soon as i look away from the tree they go back to not transparent. Any help would be extremely appreciated thank you.

That sounds like you hit a hot-key for something. I'd go into your keybindings and look - probably under WAILA or the pack's equivalent.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Yes, if you reassemble it in whole.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Damn, sounds like a feature oversight. I saw there was a bit tank which if you put the liquid bits back in, you can then get a bucket of liquid back, thought there might be something similar for blocks.

Oh well, time to trash these bits then.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Damn, sounds like a feature oversight. I saw there was a bit tank which if you put the liquid bits back in, you can then get a bucket of liquid back, thought there might be something similar for blocks.

Oh well, time to trash these bits then.
What Leth meant by reassembling it in whole is if you have enough bits to construct a full block again.

Set the bits to plane mode and stack them on top of each other. If you have enough bits, eventually you'll recover the full block (use waila to see whether it's a full block or still a chiseled block)

Reactions: Lethosos

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Is there a thread for getting pack recommendations? I've used the search functions on the Twitch app, but there's something to be said for getting personal experiences.

Reactions: Everlasting2

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I can't see any issues with your setup; the only thing I can think is whether the block is somehow getting a redstone signal from somwhere! Have you tried setting it up somewhere else to see if it works? If the breaker works with other blocks when placed where the sugarcane will grow to and its just the sugarcane not breaking, it may be a bug.

C

cap.1o

So i have an important information to tell to FTB BEYOND players or FTB Utilities mod players :

FTB Utilities Mod doesn't allow some item to work properly if the chunk is claimed !

Range and Long Ranged Breaker from Extra utilities 2.
Builder Block from RF Tools.

And ANY items that should break a block inside a claimed chunk from FTB Utilities mod.
Then you canno't claim and (chunk)load a chunk if you need it to work with this mod !

It's not the fist time i have troubles with items not working if the chunk is claimed so keep it in mind, it will probably save your time to ask yourself why it's not working !
May a moderator can pin a note in the forum to advise players.
I don't find already how to fix that.If someone have some clue to resolve that issue, it will be wonderfull.

Thank you !

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
So i have an important information to tell to FTB BEYOND players or FTB Utilities mod players :

FTB Utilities Mod doesn't allow some item to work properly if the chunk is claimed !

Range and Long Ranged Breaker from Extra utilities 2.
Builder Block from RF Tools.

And ANY items that should break a block inside a claimed chunk from FTB Utilities mod.
Then you canno't claim and (chunk)load a chunk if you need it to work with this mod !

It's not the fist time i have troubles with items not working if the chunk is claimed so keep it in mind, it will probably save your time to ask yourself why it's not working !
May a moderator can pin a note in the forum to advise players.
I don't find already how to fix that.If someone have some clue to resolve that issue, it will be wonderfull.

Thank you !
had a similar issue back when 1.10.2 packs came out /ftb team config ftbu.fake_players true fixed it for me

C

cap.1o

/ftb team config ftbu.fake_players tru

You save my life ! It was true on the client side but not on the server -> So now it works well.

Anyone can toggle these infos to pin somewhere for new players ?
Then they don't waste time to figure out why and what go wrong.

Edit : Same thing with Mega Torch mod and spawner, if in the radius of the mega torch, mobs want spawn also with a spawner (ender io powered spawner works).

Last edited:

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Okay I'm blind but hw do you make the IE telephone post thingy? I tried putting a brick and 2 treated wooden fence on it but it doesn't want to form. I'm playing forever stranded if it helps

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Okay I'm blind but hw do you make the IE telephone post thingy? I tried putting a brick and 2 treated wooden fence on it but it doesn't want to form. I'm playing forever stranded if it helps
Ironically, despite most IE things being multiblocks, this is actually a crafting recipe - a stone bricks block with two fences on top in the crafting grid should make it, unless the recipe was removed or altered.

V

Viperion

Hey folks, I've been wandering around in the .9.3 version of Sprout trying to find one of those holes in the ground that has Pure Daisys in it (Scavenger Mode) - but no luck. Is it just down to pure RNG, or is there a particular place to look? I've been through a lot of different biomes but have been concentrating mostly in plains-like biomes since the one I found in a previous save had one in a plains.

Can anyone shed some light on where to find these?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
So, I found to much hilarity that the Random Things Block Breaker in 10.2 does not export to a chest. This was a feature added in 1.11. Actually Additions has an auto-breaker, but before I invest the iron into it, I have two questions:

1) Does it take power or not? (This determines where the cobble-gen takes place.)
2) Which side (if any) does it export from?

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
anyone know a good big reactor design to maximise power output per fuel rod as the fuel rods on infinity evolved expert are the pricey part of the reactor