Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

glepet1962

Nov 15, 2012

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
There is a mod out there, that looks like this;
but it's not added to FTB.

So suggest it over in the mod suggest forum?[DOUBLEPOST=1364418912][/DOUBLEPOST]
Lanterns Mod
I put this mod into a low tech modpack. As long as the lit lantern is in your hotbar it gives off light. You can hang the lanterns on the wall for a nice effect also.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1535985-146-147-forge-smp-lanterns-115/

ok that is cool. I can totally dig that sort of mod/

tabs

Jul 29, 2019
there are two bronze wrenches. one that uses 4 bronze and one that uses 6 bronze. I believe it is the IC2 wrench the 6 bronze one that is needed for the wrench turtle.

You can see them both there in the image.

Turns out that the only way to make the 'wrench' turtle is using a crescent hammer. :/

Kimberly

Jul 29, 2019
If I centrifuge apples and saplings, will the industrial centrifuge output liquid methane? (That is, can I have a set-up that doesn't require cycling cells?)

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
As someone that runs around with repair and charging on pretty much everything the amount of flux is nothing to worry about. Really you rarely do that much work to pull that much vis out of the local node. I've sat down and murdered a ton of redwoods with my repairing ax of stream and only hovered around minimal the whole time. You will create more flux making the darn thing they use it. It is because it ticks only a few vis at a time and that refills quickly unlike say the alter which you can pull hundreds of vis out with or the arcane bore which just murders things.
Things get really exciting with a few arcane bores running, they chew up Vis FAST. I don't see how they're usable (for more than half a minute or so) unless you create a super-huge pure node. It is fun to watch with goggles on, as the nearby nodes send Vis packets to the one being eaten. It makes Flux in those nodes too, let the bores run long enough and you can make a pretty big area of flux madness. I get hit by lightning SO often in that test world :eek:

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
Why isn't my quarry mining obsidian? I turned the lava into obsidian after the quarry began working. Also, since I began working with Thaumcraft 3, I haven't gotten a flux meter like Etho has or any of that magical indicator things. Is this a problem or is it toggle-able?

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
You need the goggles of revealing...
Maybe you should check out some wikis?
And is the obsidian being picked up? Or has your quarry not gotten down there yet?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Things get really exciting with a few arcane bores running, they chew up Vis FAST. I don't see how they're usable (for more than half a minute or so) unless you create a super-huge pure node. It is fun to watch with goggles on, as the nearby nodes send Vis packets to the one being eaten. It makes Flux in those nodes too, let the bores run long enough and you can make a pretty big area of flux madness. I get hit by lightning SO often in that test world :eek:

set up your bore.... dont turn it on yet. Go make some Crystal batteries like 4 to 8 of them. set those up let them charge.

Do this FAR away form your HQ

This will run fairly well you will most likely run out of range before you burn through all 8 batteries.

Drop down a chunk loader and wait for it to refill everything.

The point is the Arcane bore is usable but it is not going to be faster, better, or more efficient then the quarry. But within thuamcraft it is a vary useful tool.

For the most part I'll set up a mining station let it rest for a day or two with a chunkloader before turning it and mining out a new direction. Thaumcraft does not have a huge need for masses and masses of stuff like say IC2/GT so it is not scaled for that level of use.

If you want to make it silly broken just check out the magic bees and you will quickly find there is some ways to set up a minding/bee station that is fairly self sustaining.

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
set up your bore.... dont turn it on yet. Go make some Crystal batteries like 4 to 8 of them. set those up let them charge.

Do this FAR away form your HQ

This will run fairly well you will most likely run out of range before you burn through all 8 batteries.

Drop down a chunk loader and wait for it to refill everything.

The point is the Arcane bore is usable but it is not going to be faster, better, or more efficient then the quarry. But within thuamcraft it is a vary useful tool.

For the most part I'll set up a mining station let it rest for a day or two with a chunkloader before turning it and mining out a new direction. Thaumcraft does not have a huge need for masses and masses of stuff like say IC2/GT so it is not scaled for that level of use.

If you want to make it silly broken just check out the magic bees and you will quickly find there is some ways to set up a minding/bee station that is fairly self sustaining.
BEES! I should have known, just about everything is renewable with bees. I once had a diamond factory with bees, the coal dust I got in addition to diamonds powered the compressor and centrifuge, it was totally bee-powered.

Also, I want to build a giant crazy underground rail-themed base with tunnels and factory rooms, etc. I'm looking for inspiration, anyone know of any such youtube vids? The more locomotives and tunnel bores, the better.

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
First of all, I just read somewhere that there are people who have actually subscribed to this thread for the sole purpose of answering questions. You people are sheer awesome sauce. I am here to exploit your goodwill with two questions regarding Forestry's Multifarms:

1) Can a single Multifarm combine elements of Managed and Manual Farms? E.g. a single Multifarm with three "Arboretum" sides and one "Rubber Plantation" side? I'm 99% sure the answer is "no", but I can't find a definitive answer anywhere and I really, really want a Arb/Arb/Arb/Rubber Plantation :)

2) Can I configure my Multifarm's four Arboretum sides to grow different species of trees? I'd like to set one of my Arb/Arb/Arb/Arb Multifarm's sides to grow Greatwood trees, while leaving the other three to grow Oak. I'm sure simply supplying it with a mix of Greatwood and Oak Saplings won't work, given the different growth rates and Sapling drop rates of each tree.

Reactions: WAFFLE OF WAR

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
First of all, I just read somewhere that there are people who have actually subscribed to this thread for the sole purpose of answering questions. You people are sheer awesome sauce. I am here to exploit your goodwill with two questions regarding Forestry's Multifarms:

1) Can a single Multifarm combine elements of Managed and Manual Farms? E.g. a single Multifarm with three "Arboretum" sides and one "Rubber Plantation" side? I'm 99% sure the answer is "no", but I can't find a definitive answer anywhere and I really, really want a Arb/Arb/Arb/Rubber Plantation :)

2) Can I configure my Multifarm's four Arboretum sides to grow different species of trees? I'd like to set one of my Arb/Arb/Arb/Arb Multifarm's sides to grow Greatwood trees, while leaving the other three to grow Oak. I'm sure simply supplying it with a mix of Greatwood and Oak Saplings won't work, given the different growth rates and Sapling drop rates of each tree.
You have to choose between manual and managed farms when you make your circuit board, unfortunately. I wanted to do something similar, so I was bummed when I figured out I couldn't mix and match.

There's only 1 slot for saplings and all the modules pull from that, so I'm afraid you're also stuck with whatever makes its way into the saplings inventory.

Side note: I've never asked a question in this thread, but I'm subscribed because this thread has a higher density of neat little tricks you wouldn't even think to google about than any other I've encountered. Short questions with short answers can really help clarify things, even if I already knew what was going on.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
First of all, I just read somewhere that there are people who have actually subscribed to this thread for the sole purpose of answering questions. You people are sheer awesome sauce. I am here to exploit your goodwill with two questions regarding Forestry's Multifarms.
I agree. If you guys had your own video game, the installer would be called "awesomesauce.exe".[DOUBLEPOST=1364432098][/DOUBLEPOST]
You need the goggles of revealing...
Maybe you should check out some wikis?
And is the obsidian being picked up? Or has your quarry not gotten down there yet?
The quarry was actually passing right through the obsidian, on the layer below it. Eventually it collected it, but I don't know why it didn't take it on the first pass.[DOUBLEPOST=1364432137][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes you should be able to repair it with Thaumium ingots.
On an anvil or just both in a crafting bench or alter...anything specific?

OttoSoul

Jul 29, 2019
In Recipes.cfg under ic2recpies set Massfabricator=true

EDIT: that's the Recipes.cfg in the GT folder, not sure if other mods have one, but I thought I should clarify.
ok i changed the option in the config file, then restarted the server, but the recipe still wont show in NEI. is there some thing im missing?

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Check if you can make one, even without the recipe being shown. Just look up the recipe in IC2's wiki or something, see if you can make it, and if you can it's an NEI error.

OttoSoul

Jul 29, 2019
Check if you can make one, even without the recipe being shown. Just look up the recipe in IC2's wiki or something, see if you can make it, and if you can it's an NEI error.
Okay tried that, but no dice. the config file says massfabricator=true, do i need to turn off the matter fabricator? im sure you can have both though...