Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Thanks to both of you. I do tend to run packs without too much tweaking, but knowing that it's easy enough to migrate is reassuring in case I run into issues.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
The Curse/Twitch launcher works just fine if you're running these packs as is. If you're throwing on Optifine and shaders, high res textures, and running at 32 view distance (or some combination thereof) then I'd recommend using it to build the pack and moving everything over to mmc.

As far as usability, it's actually kind of a nice app. It's really great for adding and updating mods. And fir most people, it's probably perfectly fine to just use it as intended.
Thanks to both of you. I do tend to run packs without too much tweaking, but knowing that it's easy enough to migrate is reassuring in case I run into issues.

id say its a more different machines handle things differently scenario , i mostly just play using multimc now a days as my "launcher" it sounds lighter then the twitch/curse launcher from what i hear.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
id say its a more different machines handle things differently scenario , i mostly just play using multimc now a days as my "launcher" it sounds lighter then the twitch/curse launcher from what i hear.

This is what I'm anticipating - that it's a YMMV sort of thing. Being able to switch launchers and possibly eliminate a problem is a load off my mind.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
That's basically what I was getting at as well. I just added some of the qualifiers. I'd still say most normal setups that launcher is fine, but that you can move it fairly easily if you're having problems.

On my server, there's just two of us. I know what I'm doing and I like to tweak things, using all the graphical enhancements you can find, so I chose to move it over to MMC because I was concerned that there was something in twitch that was breaking things. It turned it it wasn't related, but I'll stick with MMC anyway. My MC partner is not PC inclined, to put it politely (If I had hair before I started doing this, I'd have pulled it all out by now anyway). I have her just keep using twitch and she's working fine.

T

Tristian Brooks

Does the Direwolf 20 1.6.4 Peat Fired Engine ACTUALLY produce RF when connected to a conduit?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I'm having trouble finding up to date documentation for this one.

Tinkers Construct 1.10.2, is there a list somewhere of what modifiers I can add? I found a reddit post for the 1.8.9 version but that's as modern as I could get :(

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble finding up to date documentation for this one.

Tinkers Construct 1.10.2, is there a list somewhere of what modifiers I can add? I found a reddit post for the 1.8.9 version but that's as modern as I could get :(
Does the ingame book not cut it? Materials and You, great source of info, though I mainly use it to find out what all the modifiers on the various materials actually do.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Does the ingame book not cut it? Materials and You, great source of info, though I mainly use it to find out what all the modifiers on the various materials actually do.

Aha, cheers! Used to get that automatically when making the blocks in previous versions...

Also looks like the Flux modifier has been removed. Shame :(

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I second this. Also, if you start building an item in a tool forge, you can see the modifier names as they get added in the right panel. Also, I could be wrong, but I believe those modifiers have mouse-over tooltips that describe what they do.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I second this. Also, if you start building an item in a tool forge, you can see the modifier names as they get added in the right panel. Also, I could be wrong, but I believe those modifiers have mouse-over tooltips that describe what they do.

Yeah I get those ones, it's more the extra modifiers not included on the parts I was after. Looks like the ball of moss is now mending moss, which needs XP levels to create. That seems...redundant?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I get those ones, it's more the extra modifiers not included on the parts I was after. Looks like the ball of moss is now mending moss, which needs XP levels to create. That seems...redundant?

I've leaned toward adding Copper tool parts, then slapping moss on my tools. The copper allows me to gain XP while mining or clearing building sites, which is eaten by the tool to last longer. The modifier from obsidian can add life to the tool as well, and anything wooden will slowly regen on it's own (while not enough to make a hardcore mining trip last too much longer, it really helps if your tool is seeing part-time work).

If you're looking for something RF driven, I've heard @Drbretto rave about the AA Drill enough that it make me want to try it, and ImmEng has a drill option as well.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Does the Direwolf 20 1.6.4 Peat Fired Engine ACTUALLY produce RF when connected to a conduit?
If I remember correctly in 1.6.4 forestry engines like that produced MJ not RF. And TE machines and conduits would not accept MJ. If I remember correctly TE machines would supply MJ but not accept it. But, it has been a LONG time since 1.6.4.

Z

Zouzou

Hi, just started a FTB playthrough with some friends and it appears that I cannot harvest cotton from Natura just with a right click, any solution ? I tried to see if there's a "harvest" option in control settings but found nothing. Thanks in advance !

Greystoke

Jan 7, 2016
For the Extra Utilities Slimey Generator, is there a way to pipe in the milk? I tried a tank pushing milk in from each side of the block, but no dice. I can import slime balls using a vanilla hopper, so I was hoping there was a way to pipe in liquid milk without having to make milk buckets first.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
I've leaned toward adding Copper tool parts, then slapping moss on my tools. The copper allows me to gain XP while mining or clearing building sites, which is eaten by the tool to last longer. The modifier from obsidian can add life to the tool as well, and anything wooden will slowly regen on it's own (while not enough to make a hardcore mining trip last too much longer, it really helps if your tool is seeing part-time work).

If you're looking for something RF driven, I've heard @Drbretto rave about the AA Drill enough that it make me want to try it, and ImmEng has a drill option as well.
If you have Redstone Arsenal, the Flux-Infused Hammer is pretty cool. If you empower it it can do a 5x5

For the Extra Utilities Slimey Generator, is there a way to pipe in the milk? I tried a tank pushing milk in from each side of the block, but no dice. I can import slime balls using a vanilla hopper, so I was hoping there was a way to pipe in liquid milk without having to make milk buckets first.
I don't see a tank in the generator, so I don't think so.
You can always pipe the fluid milk into an EnderIO tank, pipe in buckets as well, and push the milk buckets out of the tank. If you're short on iron you can set the side of the tank facing the generator to be push/pull. That way a milk bucket will be pushed into the generator, and when it becomes empty it gets pulled by the tank to be filled again

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013

Since watching Mischief of Mice's vid extolling the virtues of slime tools, my first mission in any world is to find an accessible slime island.

Slime Tree saplings are quite plentiful, and slime crystals are easy to make. For a hammer with 4,500 durability to start, and an obsidian sharpening kit added to it? Yes please!

Reactions: Everlasting2

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Quantum quarry:

What kind of RF/tick should I be shooting for here? Is it capped? Is it linear? Can I accomplish max output speeds with a single 9x9 canola autofarm?

I found a biome essence in The End, can I use that to mass produce draconium and obsidian, basically? Like it forces the biome? Can it find me dragon heads and Elytras?

Should I use fortune or silk touch? If Silk touch, I have heard of ore doubling machines, but I can't find them with searches. Should I be doing this or is it only marginally better than fortune?

Technically those *are* simple questions. There's nothing that says I can't ask a bunch of them :p