Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
R

RadicalSilver

Just as a note, you're probably going to need to post your crash log in the tech-support area (use a spoiler or a link to a pastebin) in order for anyone to be able to figure out what's going on - assuming that Drbretto's fix doesn't do it for you.
I will try out the easi way with the RAM settings first tomorrow, otherwise ill have to post a reply in the tech help forum indeed. Or maybe just pick a other modpack then direwolf20 who knows.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Alright didnt know that because i am indeed as good as new to the launchers and ftb. I have 16 gb ram in my pc and my pc aint bad do you recommend a preciesly amount of ram?

Start it at 4, see how it goes. There's a recommended range, so just try to stay in there. Or.. don't, like I do and give it 12 if you're running hd textures. The optimal zone will depend on lots of stuff.

Also, under that slider, there's a box for arguments. paste this in there:

Code:
-Xmn768m -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseNUMA -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=30 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=150 -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true -Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=2048m -XX:+UseCodeCacheFlushing -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=10000 -XX:ParallelGCThreads=10

I've seen a lot of different sets of arguments posted, and that one has been by far the best one for me, but ymmv. I'm still a pup compared to most here. I only know this stuff cause it's fresh on my mind. If this doesn't do it, my only advice would be to try to create a fresh profile again.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Ok, this is a real problem now, lol...

I need a way to separate the equipment mobs drop from the rest of my loot. And I'm not sure it's possible without breaking something.

My solution to this before was to output everything not specifically sorted into a chest, and then I could pull out anything that is valuable, then hit a switch to auto destroy everything in the chest. But, I can't do that here for a couple of reasons: I am generating WAY too much too fast to keep up for one. For another, I'm using storage drawers for the spillover, so I can't just hit a switch and delete everything. And I'd like to continue to use the spillover area to put any new items I find there automatically until I get a chance to sort them.

So, I can't just set the spillover to a chest and auto delete everything. I keep an ender pouch with me to unload loot into the main storage from wherever I go. If I accidentally put my drill in there, it can't be deleted. I would literally cry. For like a second, like one manly tear and then if go build another one, but you get the point.

So, what I need is something between the vacuum hopper in the mob grinder and the ender chest it outputs to that can filter out equipment. Somebody please tell me there is a thing somewhere that can filter 'all equipment' out of an inventory. Otherwise, I think my only option is to whitelist every item they drop, which just now occurred to me, but I'd still rather not do. I want to continue adding spawners and want all the loot, including the stuff I don't even know I'll get yet.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, this is a real problem now, lol...

I need a way to separate the equipment mobs drop from the rest of my loot. And I'm not sure it's possible without breaking something.

My solution to this before was to output everything not specifically sorted into a chest, and then I could pull out anything that is valuable, then hit a switch to auto destroy everything in the chest. But, I can't do that here for a couple of reasons: I am generating WAY too much too fast to keep up for one. For another, I'm using storage drawers for the spillover, so I can't just hit a switch and delete everything. And I'd like to continue to use the spillover area to put any new items I find there automatically until I get a chance to sort them.

So, I can't just set the spillover to a chest and auto delete everything. I keep an ender pouch with me to unload loot into the main storage from wherever I go. If I accidentally put my drill in there, it can't be deleted. I would literally cry. For like a second, like one manly tear and then if go build another one, but you get the point.

So, what I need is something between the vacuum hopper in the mob grinder and the ender chest it outputs to that can filter out equipment. Somebody please tell me there is a thing somewhere that can filter 'all equipment' out of an inventory. Otherwise, I think my only option is to whitelist every item they drop, which just now occurred to me, but I'd still rather not do. I want to continue adding spawners and want all the loot, including the stuff I don't even know I'll get yet.

My early solution to this would be to filter a whitelist on a XU Trashcan. Many mods can do it, so long as the item transport method has a way to filter that ignores NBT and metadata. EnderIO Conduits are capable of this, although it may require advanced filters. If you run out of whitelist space on a side of the Trashcan, just add another filter to the next side. Should you max out all the slots on all six sides, add another Trashcan and repeat. It's not the prettiest solution, but it's easy to configure and maintain. My OCD was fond of setting up each type of collected armor on a different filter, then fill in the extra spaces as clutter annoys me.

Otherwise, build an assload of armor stands and make it look like an army is approaching your base. Extra points if you set up ranks and regiments based on quality of the armor.

Reactions: Lethosos
R

RadicalSilver

Start it at 4, see how it goes. There's a recommended range, so just try to stay in there. Or.. don't, like I do and give it 12 if you're running hd textures. The optimal zone will depend on lots of stuff.

Also, under that slider, there's a box for arguments. paste this in there:

Code:
-Xmn768m -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseNUMA -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=30 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=150 -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true -Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=2048m -XX:+UseCodeCacheFlushing -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=10000 -XX:ParallelGCThreads=10

I've seen a lot of different sets of arguments posted, and that one has been by far the best one for me, but ymmv. I'm still a pup compared to most here. I only know this stuff cause it's fresh on my mind. If this doesn't do it, my only advice would be to try to create a fresh profile again.
well i tried setting the ram higher but it doesn't make a difference :-(

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
My early solution to this would be to filter a whitelist on a XU Trashcan. Many mods can do it, so long as the item transport method has a way to filter that ignores NBT and metadata. EnderIO Conduits are capable of this, although it may require advanced filters. If you run out of whitelist space on a side of the Trashcan, just add another filter to the next side. Should you max out all the slots on all six sides, add another Trashcan and repeat. It's not the prettiest solution, but it's easy to configure and maintain. My OCD was fond of setting up each type of collected armor on a different filter, then fill in the extra spaces as clutter annoys me.

Otherwise, build an assload of armor stands and make it look like an army is approaching your base. Extra points if you set up ranks and regiments based on quality of the armor.
Also, with XU you can nest the filters inside of each other. So you really can expand what can be filtered with them.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016

Ok, that's awesome. And I might just do that.

But, that's still a super temporary fix. I don't think you understand just how much if coming in! Lol. See my latest in the community showcase thread to see what I'm up against. The first half of the latest video just shows how fast the mob grinder is working, and when it gets back to the library, you will see the back wall I use for spillover. Thats a whole wall full of unlocked void drawers. And will fill up entirely overnight. Each one (of like 200) is considered unique because of either a different enchant or durability and it seems like it could go on forever if i had room for it. I can't just whitelist the trash. I could only whitelist the good stuff, but that would be a problem one I find a new spawner.

Also, with XU you can nest the filters inside of each other. So you really can expand what can be filtered with them.

That's good to know. And if I end up having to whitelist the good items, then I'll need this ability, so that's cool. It's seeming more and more like I'll have to. After I build my army if armor stands, because that's awesome.

Edit waaaait a minute. Does ignore metadata and nbt ignore the damage and enchanting thing?

Last edited:

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
So, with DW20 playing on the Forgecraft server using 1.11, how long is the average wait time for the next version of modpacks to come out?

My server is getting a bit stale with the 1.7.4 Infinity still on it, but I'm not too hyped about having to upgrade to 1.10, only to have to move to 1.11 sooner than usual.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
OH, how did I doubt you even for a second Inaeo. I just googled what NDT and metadata are and that solution is PERFECT after I make an army of armor stands because that's awesome.

Last edited:
Reactions: Inaeo

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

Or recreate the tomb of the Chinese Emperor...

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Or recreate the tomb of the Chinese Emperor...

Well, I'm taking a page from each of you, and finally going to build that ice wall the right way in survival mode, and I'll use the armor stand people to recreate the battle with the wildlings from Game of Thrones. Complete with mini castle black

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Which heap size range this is good for?

I don't even know what language you're speaking. :p It's just the 500th different configuration that I've cut and pasted into my game and by far the one that's been the smoothest and most stable for me. I don't know what most of them even do.

Edit: Not jsut for me, but my minecraft partner as well. And both of use are running huge packs with HD textures, if any of that helps.

Dreamer1986

Jun 13, 2014
I'm having trouble finding enough Lapis Lazuli in FTB Beyond and the Beyond Ore distribution chart isn't very helpful. I'm mining at lvl 13 mostly, and I find plenty of redstone and diamonds. Do I need to go higher for more lapis?

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I'm having trouble finding enough Lapis Lazuli in FTB Beyond and the Beyond Ore distribution chart isn't very helpful. I'm mining at lvl 13 mostly, and I find plenty of redstone and diamonds. Do I need to go higher for more lapis?

You're in the right zone (I prefer 11, but same diff). They're just sparse

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, thank you. It just feels a lot rarer compared to the previous versions, FTB Infinity and Monster pack.
It may still be possible to pulverize blue wool for a 5% chance at lapis. Odds aren't good, mind you, but a flock of blue sheep is easy enough to maintain.

Edit: I'm curious now. Are mob factories from Woot able to "spawn" sheep of a color other than white?

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
'Hokay - so, on the one hand, I'm hearing how the Curse/Twitch launcher does some crazy memory gymnastics. On the other hand, I'm seeing LPs for new packs that make me want to play *all the things*. Any advice on moving up from the legacy launcher?

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
If you're not a fan of Curse/Twitch, it's pretty easy to migrate an instance into MultiMC or even ATLauncher. Have to login once to get the package down, and won't get you the automatic updates, but can be more convenient if you don't like the new launchers.

Reactions: OniyaMCD

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
The Curse/Twitch launcher works just fine if you're running these packs as is. If you're throwing on Optifine and shaders, high res textures, and running at 32 view distance (or some combination thereof) then I'd recommend using it to build the pack and moving everything over to mmc.

As far as usability, it's actually kind of a nice app. It's really great for adding and updating mods. And fir most people, it's probably perfectly fine to just use it as intended.

Reactions: OniyaMCD