Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Ok, I've got a simple question, but it may not be appropriate for this thread; if not I'd be happy to remove it:

Does anyone else remember the Obscurity modpack fondly, and do you think that with the Deep Dark being in ExtraUtils2, and various other mods reaching a good state of maturity, that now might be a good time for a new pack like that?

It seems likely that @SnowShock35, having made the pack once before, wouldn't necessarily be into making a new pack in a similar vein. I'm in no position in terms of being able to do anything modpack-wise in 1.10 so its probably a non-starter, but the idea really intrigues me, and I wondered if I was the only one?

P

PacoLaMenace

Hi! Sorry in advance if my English isn't perfect because it's not my native language.
So, I have a problem with the energy core of Draconic evolution. Every time, I right click the particle generator after making all the structure, it doesn't work and it opens, in place, the menu of the particle generator. Thank you for your answer in advance! ( Don't be mad I'm starting this mod!!)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hi! Sorry in advance if my English isn't perfect because it's not my native language.
So, I have a problem with the energy core of Draconic evolution. Every time, I right click the particle generator after making all the structure, it doesn't work and it opens, in place, the menu of the particle generator. Thank you for your answer in advance! ( Don't be mad I'm starting this mod!!)
To activate it you need to shift-right-click with an empty hand specifically, if I remember correctly.

P

PacoLaMenace

The file is too large to upload... But I'd like to say that when I right click or shift right click or alt right click it opens the particle generator menu( colours motion...) Maybe I need to change the configs of other mods. I don't know...

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The file is too large to upload... But I'd like to say that when I right click or shift right click or alt right click it opens the particle generator menu( colours motion...) Maybe I need to change the configs of other mods. I don't know...
Yep I'm definitely familiar with that menu because I always opened it by accident myself.

Can you confirm the EMPTY HAND part? You didn't mention that.

To upload your file, try to get it under 1mb. You can crop it and/or save it as a PNG (something better-compressed).

V

Viperion

Does anyone know of a preferably 1.10 modpack with a quest line like Project: Ozone, but without the skyblock start? Watching etho's playthrough and I want something with a ton of quests to give myself some direction!

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
How does the Metabolic Generator from Cyberware work? Ive seen a couple of spotlight and they only use solarskin for power generation. Tooltip says: 'Use Calories to produce Energy' But neither eating nor moving around generates the power.

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
So a SF3 question, or a tinker's one.

But how do we get the endstone/iron bolt shaft?

its not endstone, its an end rod, u need 2 of them in a part builder to make an arrow shaft, then put the arrow shaft in a casting table and pour iron over it.

Last edited:

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Does anyone know of a preferably 1.10 modpack with a quest line like Project: Ozone, but without the skyblock start? Watching etho's playthrough and I want something with a ton of quests to give myself some direction!

Give it some time... the pack has to exist before one can even start to create a quest tree that has any relation to the pack, considering recipe changes and the like.

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
what are the spawn requirements for squids been trying to get one spawn in my SF3 world for a while tried making a pool of water below y64 but no luck getting any to spawn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
what are the spawn requirements for squids been trying to get one spawn in my SF3 world for a while tried making a pool of water below y64 but no luck getting any to spawn
Any water between 46 and 63 should do the trick. Though you might have to travel around to get them to spawn.

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
Is there some dynamic resource that indicates the experience modifier of materials with respect to leveling up tools with Iguana Tweaks?

When I was playing Blightfall, there was a book that listed the experience modifiers for materials in addition to their other stats. For example, silver tools were generally weak terms of stats but leveled very quickly. So you could make a tool out of silver, level it, then swap the parts later.

However, as far as I remember, this book was custom-made by the Blightfall team since it also included all its custom materials and metals. I'm hoping for a similar thing but for the more common/general metals/alloys found in mods. Doesn't need to be available as an in-game mod, a web-resource is fine.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
However, as far as I remember, this book was custom-made by the Blightfall team since it also included all its custom materials and metals. I'm hoping for a similar thing but for the more common/general metals/alloys found in mods. Doesn't need to be available as an in-game mod, a web-resource is fine.
For 1.7.10? By default there are no experience modifiers, that's left entirely up to the modpacks as far as I know, the default configs have all materials levelling at the same speed.

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
Ah yes, I figured that was likely too (given it would have been a fairly huge oversight not to document them if they were in by default) but forgot to mention the possibility.

Thanks.