Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Galacticraft: can you change what facing sends/receives power on say the generators/compressors.. etc. I know it really doesnt matter but it bothers my ocd when i cant make them line up to look pretty
You can rotate the device but you cannot choose different sides afaik.
Machines can be configured to accept energy from any side IIRC. Not generators though

Edit: woops. Wrong mod. Was thinking about mekanism.

Remind me not to think really late at night

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Galacticraft: can you change what facing sends/receives power on say the generators/compressors.. etc. I know it really doesnt matter but it bothers my ocd when i cant make them line up to look pretty

I've been playing a lot of Galacticraft recently, and the relative orientation is definitely hard-wired for things like the solar panels, oxygen generators, refinery and so on. My fall-back is to keep a wrench on hand to rotate the machine if it won't connect to a given input/output. The caveat to that is that this will re-orient where other input/outputs are (like the oxygen generator has its oxygen pipe connector opposite its power connector), so it can take some finagling to arrange things efficiently.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Is there a way I can disable Deathblooms in the B'o'P config?

My bees spread them along with all the other B'o'P flower types. I didn't notice this was a problem until one of them sprouted in my cow pen and killed all my test subjects :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

My bees spread them along with all the other B'o'P flower types. I didn't notice this was a problem until one of them sprouted in my cow pen and killed all my test subjects :(
Dont know a way to prevent bees form spawning it, but you could fake the grass in your cow pen to prevent flowers from spawning there. Like grass(or seeds) on carpenters blocks, EIO painted stuff etc.

Reactions: tatopolos

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014

I think you can remove them from being a valid flower for bees, which means they will neither count for or be spread by flower-pollinating bees. This should be able to be done in the Forestry config files.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Seeing how many problems I have lately with starting 1.10.2 modpacks (mainly in step 7 the baking) I'm slowly wondering:
- For bigger (100+ mods) modpacks in the newer minecraft version, is the 4GB you needed for bigger modpacks in 1.7.10 not enough anymore and you need at least 5+GB allocated? :/

The thing why I'm asking, is that I have only 8GB RAM, so the 4GB allocated to curse is pretty much the maximum I can give without getting to the point of 100% of my ram being used (it usually ends 90% used and I heard that's the point where you should be careful about RAM usage of the computer). So seeing my problems with the new 1.10.2 modpack I'm slowly wondering if I need to upgrade my computer's RAM first before I really will be able to go into playing the new version's modpacks.

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
I would recommend adding ram. I have my ram set at 5gb but that being said I have 16 (it may be 12... not at my computer to actually check)

Reactions: Nezraddin

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Seeing how many problems I have lately with starting 1.10.2 modpacks (mainly in step 7 the baking) I'm slowly wondering:
- For bigger (100+ mods) modpacks in the newer minecraft version, is the 4GB you needed for bigger modpacks in 1.7.10 not enough anymore and you need at least 5+GB allocated? :/

The thing why I'm asking, is that I have only 8GB RAM, so the 4GB allocated to curse is pretty much the maximum I can give without getting to the point of 100% of my ram being used (it usually ends 90% used and I heard that's the point where you should be careful about RAM usage of the computer). So seeing my problems with the new 1.10.2 modpack I'm slowly wondering if I need to upgrade my computer's RAM first before I really will be able to go into playing the new version's modpacks.

Foamfix helps a little bit with this, but 4 GB is a minimum for most large 1.10.2 packs. 5-6 GB is recommended. So upgrading your RAM is probably a good option.

Edit: Ninja'd by Scottly

Reactions: Nezraddin

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, thanks you two for the fast answer. Guess I need to plan for upgrading my RAM then or stick to 1.7.10 modpacks for a longer while.
*grumbles* Stupid hardware, there is always one number that gets too small at some point, hehe.

[edit]

And thanks alot for the foamfix-suggestion.
This mod is like magic for RAM-usage O_O
Added it to the modpack I had such problems with and started without any issue now.

Last edited:
Reactions: erindalc

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to add rotarycraft to infinity, but when I do a LOT of items gets just blank icons making it hard to keep track of them. Is there a way to fix this or find out what mods are in conflict?

And no it isnt the texture pack as i tried without one too

edit: most of them got fixed by removing tinkers but other then removing one mod at a time to see, how do you fix such a problem?

edit2: solved it :) sorry for all the edits ^^ disable splashscreen and it works perfectly

Attachments

• 2017-01-11_20.16.55.png
    2017-01-11_20.16.55.png
    90.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I wanted to add rotarycraft to infinity, but when I do a LOT of items gets just blank icons making it hard to keep track of them. Is there a way to fix this or find out what mods are in conflict?

And no it isnt the texture pack as i tried without one too

edit: most of them got fixed by removing tinkers but other then removing one mod at a time to see, how do you fix such a problem?

edit2: solved it :) sorry for all the edits ^^ disable splashscreen and it works perfectly

There's another method of narrowing down which mod causes the problem - assuming it's a single mod. Do this on a backup of your world, just in case.

Make a list of all the mods.
Turn off half of them (mark which ones you've turned off on the list)
If the problem still occurs, the marked set is safe. Label them 'Safe', put the removed mods back and remove half of the untried mods.
If the problem does not occur, the marked set has the problem mod in it. Mark the other half of the list 'Safe', and put back half of the mods you turned off.

The binary search method will vastly speed up finding the culprit.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
@OniyaMCD, that used to be the standard troubleshooting technique in electronics, back before everything was on a single chip.

1) Ensure the desired input
2) Check for the desired output. If not there check halfway between.
3) If the signal is there, substitute that point as the input and go back to step 1.
4) If the signal is not there then that point becomes the output and return to step 1.

We used to joke that:
"The shortest distance between two points is halfway there" :D

[Edit]
@Nezraddin Another issue might be the OS version... XP, for example, needs more ram to operate in than Windows 10, due to the internal cleanup of the OS. XP used to need about 2GB while Win10 can exist with as little as 1GB (recommended minimums). Each version above XP, with the exception of Vista, used less ram than the previous version, given the same CPU size (32 or 64 bit).

Last edited:
F

Fiesel

Hello Guys.
First of all, iam new to the forum, and i hope that i dont blame myself for my stupid Qustions or my bad english.
Iam playing the new SF3 Modpack with a friend, we nearly got all resources about 20k. But now we ware try to get draconium. But i think its impossebile, because how can i get it?
It some Lets Plays on Youtube i saw they get them out from chickens, but i dont find a chicken who drops something like draconium nuggets or something else.
Also a method to get is via void lasers, but we cant get them because they work with the bassalt structre block, and we cant get bassalt because we are playing on the skyblock map.
A other method is via Quantum querry, but how can i get the netherstar? the wither i cant spawn because i dont have some wither skellets heads.
Someone can help me?

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Hello Guys.
First of all, iam new to the forum, and i hope that i dont blame myself for my stupid Qustions or my bad english.
Iam playing the new SF3 Modpack with a friend, we nearly got all resources about 20k. But now we ware try to get draconium. But i think its impossebile, because how can i get it?
It some Lets Plays on Youtube i saw they get them out from chickens, but i dont find a chicken who drops something like draconium nuggets or something else.
Also a method to get is via void lasers, but we cant get them because they work with the bassalt structre block, and we cant get bassalt because we are playing on the skyblock map.
A other method is via Quantum querry, but how can i get the netherstar? the wither i cant spawn because i dont have some wither skellets heads.
Someone can help me?
Point 1. There's something called Hardstone that is craftable. This is used in making a structure block for the void lasers. This will solve your problem of not getting basalt.

Point 2. you have a mob farm yes? If you have one then you should know that you can launch a skeleton through a "Sign:witch water:sign" mini structure with high speed vector plates. This will get you wither skeletons and if you have a mechanical user using a cleaver you can get heads fairly easily.

Point 3. you have to breed chickens to the draconium level. Just spawn a chicken , right click it with a book and put the chicken in a nesting pen. This will spawn a "Insert chicken name" egg every 7 minutes. This egg can have stronger stats and will hatch into a modded and better "insert name here" chicken. Use a hatchery to hatch an egg. When you have a 10/10/10 (use a chicken analyser to see the stats) start breeding chickens by putting two "insert name here" chickens in two side by side pens.

The breeding combination for the eggs of different types of chickens is found in JEI. For example redstone chicken is made by breeding Red chicken (tier 0, crafted by surrounding an egg with red dye) and Sand Chicken (Tier 0, crafted by surrounding an egg with sand). Also if you start off your first breeding by breeding the 10/10/10 chicken with your beginning chickens, all offspring will forever be 10/10/10 so you don't have to remax them ever. I suggest breeding the 10/10/10 chicken with Red or Sand. The reason why I say to start off with a smart (IE Normal chicken + book) is that you still need normal eggs and it's a pain to wait for a vanilla chicken to spawn naturally.

IMPORTANT: Some chickens are locked by the Nether chicken. Go to the nether, place a mega torch ASAP, build a big platform , and wait until that nether chicken spawns.

F

Fiesel

Ok That Sound good. But if I search the chicken analyser the Hud don't show me it

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Ok That Sound good. But if I search the chicken analyser the Hud don't show me it

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk
Type

Code:
@Chicken
or

Code:
@Hatchery

and one of those two will have an egg with a clock on it. That is the analyser