Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
1.10 Custom Pack - Mekanism Digital Miner

We use FTBUtils chunkloading primarily on our server, but it seems the Digital Miner won't mine chunks claimed using FTBUtils. I'm assuming this is because the Digital Miner doesn't have permissions in claimed chunks. Is there a way to make this work, or do all mining operations need to be unclaimed and loaded via other means (XU2, Mek Anchor Upgrade, etc.)?
theres a command to allow fake players around the protection im pretty sure

edit: it might be a setting instead of a command , something about are fake players allowed to interact with the claim .

Last edited:

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019

We use FTBUtils chunkloading primarily on our server, but it seems the Digital Miner won't mine chunks claimed using FTBUtils. I'm assuming this is because the Digital Miner doesn't have permissions in claimed chunks. Is there a way to make this work, or do all mining operations need to be unclaimed and loaded via other means (XU2, Mek Anchor Upgrade, etc.)?
You could make a team with everyone on the server, then use that team to chunkload the miner

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
You could make a team with everyone on the server, then use that team to chunkload the miner

Unfortunately, that doesn't work for us. I cant mine my own team with it and a combined team didn't change that. I didn't see anything in the configs, but I'll do some more digging.

Tianyulong

Oct 21, 2016
Would any of you be interested in seeing an old fashioned screenshot minecraft journey in Community Showcase? Been wanting to make a single player world and share my progress for a while, but my computer isn't beefy enough to record and run minecraft at the same time.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015

Unfortunately, that doesn't work for us. I cant mine my own team with it and a combined team didn't change that. I didn't see anything in the configs, but I'll do some more digging.
i looked closer its a command that toggles the permission setting specifically about fake players(it basically toggles if fake players can interact with the claimed chunk) , Not an external config . the teams thing mentioned is completely irrelevant to this case because u cant add fake players to ur team only actual players

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Would any of you be interested in seeing an old fashioned screenshot minecraft journey in Community Showcase? Been wanting to make a single player world and share my progress for a while, but my computer isn't beefy enough to record and run minecraft at the same time.

If you have a look, there are a lot of screenshot journeyesque threads there... Feel free to post away!

Reactions: Tianyulong

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
i looked closer its a command that toggles the permission setting specifically about fake players(it basically toggles if fake players can interact with the claimed chunk) , Not an external config . the teams thing mentioned is completely irrelevant to this case because u cant add fake players to ur team only actual players

I still have yet to find the command that toggles this. If you have it handy and feel like sharing, I'd be much obliged.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Trying to add some blocks to IC2 Replicators(UU matter). I found the config file and are plotting them in, no problem. But can anyone tell me what the symbol between "Red" and "Exploration" is?
http://i.imgur.com/uRQ9ViI.png
It is obviously not a ":", there is one later. But then what is it? :p

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
At work so I can't look at any Minecraft configs but what I see there is the pipe "|" symbol. On a standard English keyboard it is shared with the "\" key.

Reactions: Hambeau and rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
At work so I can't look at any Minecraft configs but what I see there is the pipe "|" symbol. On a standard English keyboard it is shared with the "\" key.
Hmm yeah appears to be the "broken bar" symbol: ¦ . But apparently that is getting mixed up with | a lot on keyboards/programs.
What a wonderful thing to use in an item name... sigh

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Hmm yeah appears to be the "broken bar" symbol: ¦ . But apparently that is getting mixed up with | a lot on keyboards/programs.
It should be the vertical pipe or the ":" symbol. The font minecraft uses is a little off. I suggest you just open the text chat and type both "|" and ":" in and see which one matches it.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
It should be the vertical pipe or the ":" symbol. The font minecraft uses is a little off. I suggest you just open the text chat and type both "|" and ":" in and see which one matches it.
There's already a :, between Exploration and projectred

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

Happened to be playing, and double-checked this. The solid bar on your keyboard shows as a broken bar when typed into the Minecraft chat, so there's actually no mix-up at all. Just a funky font.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Happened to be playing, and double-checked this. The solid bar on your keyboard shows as a broken bar when typed into the Minecraft chat, so there's actually no mix-up at all. Just a funky font.
Yeah discovered that as well when it turned out it didn't work. And when I finally found the | on my keyboard :p

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019

If you're on Windows, typing Alt+0166 gives the broken bar. Not sure about other os's.

EDIT: Just noticed you were able to reproduce it anyway :) Ah well, might help someone else!

Reactions: Linda Hartlen
N

Nightmare_Axel

How do i add the chicken stick to veinminer list so it can veinmine cobble to gravel? If you know plse help

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
Kind of the wrong place to ask this kind of question, but:

I'm playing a modpack that uses BetterQuesting, and I'm finding the book kind of irritating to use. There are a couple things that I feel could improve the experience - is this the sort of thing that I should as a new enhancement issue on GitHub, or is that moreso intended for new functionality or bugs? Most of the posts seem to be about functionality rather than the interface.

I'm inclined to believe that it is the appropriate place to put them but it depends on how much priority the coder puts on UX improvements, and how he reacts to such suggestions.

(For the curious, I want to suggest the ability to right click to go back, and also to resize the window - via config file if not dynamically in-game. It also doesn't seem to be bookmarking quests at the moment - I have to navigate back to the quest I was previously looking at every time I open it. Previously it did save so I presume this is a result of a recent update; though, even when it did so, it still gave you the "splash" screen to choose exit/quests/party/theme instead of going direct to the quest as HQM did, which I preferred.)

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
So... I just upgraded my HD to a SSD.. re-downloaded MC and launchers and what not, but for some reason I can't get my game to play in full screen windowed mode... It's either the little window, or it takes up the entire screen.. I know I had it so it would play in full screen windowed mode before, but now I can't get it to go back to that..

Halp!

*Fixed*

Apparently I needed to set the launcher to use my screen resolution instead of the standard it was given....

Nothing to see here.. move along...

Last edited:
Reactions: Henry Link