Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
D

Diacuss

TiCo allowed that prior to 1.10. From what I understand, it was a bug originally which became embraced into a feature. It was removed in 1.10 because the shield slot allows the same functionality.
So i assume i can put torches in the shield slot and do the same thing then. Thanks for the replay.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
So i assume i can put torches in the shield slot and do the same thing then. Thanks for the replay.

Indeed. I've tried using it to place other blocks as well, with varying degrees of success. Having a sword in hotbar and a ranged attack of some sort in the shield slot is something I intend to play with at some point.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
When I build above ground I usually keep my tool equipped and my building materials in the shield slot so I can remove and place blocks almost simultaneously.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
When I build above ground I usually keep my tool equipped and my building materials in the shield slot so I can remove and place blocks almost simultaneously.

One disadvantage to that (although I do it as well) is I tend to place blocks/torches in unintended places while trying to access my backpack. Not a huge problem, but something to be aware of.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Be warned about the off hand slot.

When using a TiCo sword that has a secondary (jump forward/backwards) holding right click to raise your shield will only activate the secondary function of the weapon, and not raise your shield.

*found this out the hard way*

jodelahithit

Jul 29, 2019
When using multiple Refined Storage crafters with the same pattern only the first one in the system will be used. Is there any way to make the system use all the crafters with the same pattern?

T

Timeass

Anyone know why on ftb infinity my screen will go black here and there for a second and its really choppy yet i have 200 fps
I have a GTX 1060, i7 i7 6700k and 16gb of ddr4 ram

Hiran

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any "chest-like" storage that will allow me to specify what items are allowed for specific slots? I want to specify that only one slot will store gold, second diamond etc.

Hiran

Jul 29, 2019
Chromaticraft "ME Item Distributor" machine that connects to the AE and exports item if other item falls below specific amount. Its great to make sure that you will always have 100k blaze powder for example.
Normally with AE you need more channels and more space, and this machine is single block.
I want to automate "keep specific amounts of stuff" with this one.

Last edited:
W

WIldMoth1

Every once in a while my Minecraft world all the blocks turn grey and then once I move again it goes back to normal

TheGreatKamina

Jul 29, 2019
On FTB Departed, is there a convinient means of moving a hostile mob from another dimension into a designated spot in the overworld?

W

WIldMoth1

Every once in a while my Minecraft world all the blocks turn grey and then once I move again it goes back to normal

Attachments

• 2016-12-07_13.25.31.png
    2016-12-07_13.25.31.png
    178.8 KB · Views: 51

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
looking into this for anyone experiencing poor performance.o_O

Hi, and welcome to the forums,

A few pointers for you,

1: you don't need to post the same thing in multiple threads, people do read/reply here, spamming will not help you.

2: you are not adding anything to the conversation here. If you are asking for help with poor performance, please say so, but with more information. What pack are you playing? What are your system specs? How much ram are you allocating to minecraft? etc etc. If you are not looking for help, and are just wanting to show your appreciation for someone's post, there is a "like" link you can click on the bottom right of someone's post.

Happy posting.

Reactions: PierceSG

Hiran

Jul 29, 2019
Chromaticraft "ME Item Distributor" machine that connects to the AE and exports item if other item falls below specific amount. Its great to make sure that you will always have 100k blaze powder for example.
Normally with AE you need more channels and more space, and this machine is single block.
I want to automate "keep specific amounts of stuff" with this one.
I know that i can do this with 2 chests and item translocator and some diamond nuggets, but that's 3 blocks, and i'm looking for one block solution.

Last edited: