Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Is it possible to throw some quest lines from 1.10 packs that use BQ to my Unstable 1.10 and how should i do that?
For example i would pick one quest line from pack A, two quest lines from pack B and so on.

I'd say your best option would be to add HQM and just set them up yourself in a book. If you are even able to 'cut and paste' from one modpack to another, you risk the possibility that recipes have been changed, or that quests have been set up to be dependent on other questlines being completed.

pAznik

Jul 29, 2019
I'd say your best option would be to add HQM and just set them up yourself in a book. If you are even able to 'cut and paste' from one modpack to another, you risk the possibility that recipes have been changed, or that quests have been set up to be dependent on other questlines being completed.
Yes that is an option, but for making quest lines is important that you know the mods, if i would do quests for my self i would probably make quests for stuff that i already make them every time i play Minecraft :(

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Yes that is an option, but for making quest lines is important that you know the mods, if i would do quests for my self i would probably make quests for stuff that i already make them every time i play Minecraft :(

It would be fine to take a look at how other packs guide you through a mod - for example, you might see that a pack with Ex Nihilo goes from making a barrel to making a sieve, to making cobble, to making a hammer and write up your own version. And keep in mind - you're probably going to have some quests that seem very basic to you when working with a mod that you know well - but for someone who is unfamiliar with a mod, those are going to be very helpful. Every modpack I've played with quests has had some quests of both sorts (the 'Yes, yes, I know how to do this' types and the 'What am I even doing here? Ohhhhh....' types).

S

Soma Hujber

I can't craft any mod-specific items on my own ftb servers, tried on direwolf20 and infinity. Neither my partner couldn't craft any items, only vanilla, others bounce back, any fix?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I can't craft any mod-specific items on my own ftb servers, tried on direwolf20 and infinity. Neither my partner couldn't craft any items, only vanilla, others bounce back, any fix?
This sounds a little more complicated then a simple question. Where did you download the server from and how did you start it?

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking it might be as simple as A. redownload the server from FTB, not vanilla, and compare size to make sure the dl was complete or B. make sure to launch the server with the appropriate startup script, not the minecraft server jar.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Can someone please remind me what the deuce the 3x3 card slot is for?

upload_2016-10-31_19-56-13.png

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
What's the absolute most compact way you can put up a redstone disable for a full mana pool? It seems to me that you absolutely need one of the axial directions (NSEW or bottom) for the comparator, and a redstone block beside the comparator to make sure that it only toggles to 15 on full?

As part of the larger context, what is the most compact mana generation that doesn't require items from the outside? RF power is OK, but I don't want to have to provide external items.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Can someone please remind me what the deuce the 3x3 card slot is for?

View attachment 30323
The 3x3 slots are added by your "Network tool" wrench. It allows you to store stacks of different cards and as long as you have it in the inventory when configuring AE components, it will pop up the 3x3 for easy access to them.

What's the absolute most compact way you can put up a redstone disable for a full mana pool? It seems to me that you absolutely need one of the axial directions (NSEW or bottom) for the comparator, and a redstone block beside the comparator to make sure that it only toggles to 15 on full?
You can use BC gates to detect the pools and their fill status.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

Greystoke

Jan 7, 2016
Recently I noticed most of the soil blocks around my Gendustry hives have turned to podzol (maybe it's mycelium). Is that a bee side-effect? Or something to do with all the Halloween mobs? (DW20 server) I did add one breed recently that required mushrooms as the flower type, didn't know that would also change the dirt blocks.

Not a major issue, I can always move the hives somewhere else. Seems to spread, if it's bee range, they're sure covering a wide area.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Recently I noticed most of the soil blocks around my Gendustry hives have turned to podzol (maybe it's mycelium). Is that a bee side-effect? Or something to do with all the Halloween mobs? (DW20 server) I did add one breed recently that required mushrooms as the flower type, didn't know that would also change the dirt blocks.

Not a major issue, I can always move the hives somewhere else. Seems to spread, if it's bee range, they're sure covering a wide area.

At least one of the fungal line will convert dirt to mycelium. (WTF, spell-check? That's a word.) That mycelium will spread as normal, even beyond the bee-range (I think the Bee-Alyzer will give you the block radius). Throw in a line of some non-dirt block, and it will stop the spread.

EDIT: Sounds like it might be the 'Boggy Bee' with a 9x6x9 range.

Reactions: Greystoke

Greystoke

Jan 7, 2016
At least one of the fungal line will convert dirt to mycelium. (WTF, spell-check? That's a word.) That mycelium will spread as normal, even beyond the bee-range (I think the Bee-Alyzer will give you the block radius). Throw in a line of some non-dirt block, and it will stop the spread.

EDIT: Sounds like it might be the 'Boggy Bee' with a 9x6x9 range.

That sounds like the one. It didn't happen with Miry bees, but I added the Boggy ones for peat - using that in some furnace processes. (Peat burns for a _really_ long time, pretty neat fuel source!)

I'll put down some ice or something to demarcate the bee zone. Might also move those bees to a dedicated hive location, start putting some organization into the system. Not ready to start tree breeding, but getting decent amounts of blaze rods/powder and blizz powder already, apiaries are pretty neat resource generators.

Thanks!

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I'll put down some ice or something to demarcate the bee zone. Might also move those bees to a dedicated hive location, start putting some organization into the system. Not ready to start tree breeding, but getting decent amounts of blaze rods/powder and blizz powder already, apiaries are pretty neat resource generators.

Thanks!

A line of cobble, sand, or even wood should do the trick just as nicely, and without the fuss of getting ice.

Greystoke

Jan 7, 2016
A line of cobble, sand, or even wood should do the trick just as nicely, and without the fuss of getting ice.

Good point. :)

I do happen to have a glacier biome near me, so ice isn't that much of a problem, but I may go with wood to keep it simple. Pick a yellow-ish type, to better match the apiaries...