Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
No this is something that started much earlier in the year. But, I'm seeing more frequently as of late. So maybe it is something that is building up to Halloween?

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Ender IO "joke".. that's what it is.. Randomly shows up on Ender IO machines... will disappear just as randomly...

Question:

Roots staffs, are they that weak?

Made a staff of Growth +1 Potency +1 Size.. Used it on the middle of a 9x9 wheat farm... nothing... nadda.. zero.. zilch... It will grow random grass when used on a grass block, but it doesn't seem to work on any other plants.

I've burned through two of them so far.. no effect on farmable plants/trees.. nothing except growing random grass/flowers...

What am I missing?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Ender IO "joke".. that's what it is.. Randomly shows up on Ender IO machines... will disappear just as randomly...

Question:

Roots staffs, are they that weak?

Made a staff of Growth +1 Potency +1 Size.. Used it on the middle of a 9x9 wheat farm... nothing... nadda.. zero.. zilch... It will grow random grass when used on a grass block, but it doesn't seem to work on any other plants.

I've burned through two of them so far.. no effect on farmable plants/trees.. nothing except growing random grass/flowers...

What am I missing?
Well, the Acceleration staff, for one, is pretty darned powerful when used on other mods' machines, especially when made with a dragon eye and given Potency 3...

But I haven't played with the mod myself, so there's not much more than I can say.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
People are reporting problems with 8.0_111 on Mojang's forums.

Also, there is a Curse setting to change allocated ram, on a pack-by-pack basis. I'll look it up and edit this post with the procedure after I have breakfast. (I do my best searching while drinking coffee :D )

[Edit] Here's how to change ram allocation in the Curse client:

1). Click the profile Icon of your pack, anywhere except the "Play" button, to bring up the mod list screen.

2). In the upper right corner select the "ellipsis" button [...]. Select "Profile options".

3). You'll see a checkbox labelled "Locked". Uncheck this to add/remove/disable mods.

4). Below that you'll see another checkbox labelled "Use System Settings" under the title "Memory Settings"

5). You'll see a slider bar that adjusts the ram allocation. Remember to leave about 2GB for the system to function.

6). After adjusting the ram be sure to click "Okay" at the bottom to save your changes, else they won't change.

When you run the pack and hit F3 to check for changes you won't see the full allocation... Minecraft probably uses a bit of that for internal stuff. For example, I set usage to about 6100MB and the game showed "2345 of 5432" MB in use, (numbers made up), not "of 6100".

That orange text may seem nice on your monitor, but for me it blends in way too well with the background and is hard to read. Could you please edit your post and fix the text color or remove it altogether?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
That orange text may seem nice on your monitor, but for me it blends in way too well with the background and is hard to read. Could you please edit your post and fix the text color or remove it altogether?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Changed it back. I used Orange to "Highlight" text. From now I'll just use Bold, Italics and Underline. :D

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Still no good: Now the color is white on grey, which is even worse! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

I don't know what happened there... It was ok after I "fixed" ( :rolleyes: ) it yesterday but today it's Black on Black for me as well (I use the Dark theme). I just retyped the line verbatim and deleted the old one.

Anything for my fans :D

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I don't know what happened there... It was ok after I "fixed" ( :rolleyes: ) it yesterday but today it's Black on Black for me as well (I use the Dark theme). I just retyped the line verbatim and deleted the old one.

Anything for my fans :D
Protip: At the top right corner of the quick-reply text box, there's a Tx button that will clear all formatting on whatever text you've highlighted.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
AE2 is now on Curse for v1.10.2, see here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/59kir8/ae2_for_1102_has_made_it_to_curse/

"AFAIK, RF is being phased out in favor of FE(forge energy), because RF does not support new features in Forge while FE does."

What is FE? And what do they mean by "new features in Forge" that are obviously related to power and energy?

Disclaimer: I'm clueless because I haven't been playing v1.10 modpacks due to still-missing mods like AE2 (which is now apparently remedied).

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
AE2 is now on Curse for v1.10.2, see here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/59kir8/ae2_for_1102_has_made_it_to_curse/

"AFAIK, RF is being phased out in favor of FE(forge energy), because RF does not support new features in Forge while FE does."

What is FE? And what do they mean by "new features in Forge" that are obviously related to power and energy?

Disclaimer: I'm clueless because I haven't been playing v1.10 modpacks due to still-missing mods like AE2 (which is now apparently remedied).
Apparently Forge has added its own energy system sometime between 1.8 and 1.10 that's basically a direct port of RF, except it's baked into Forge and not reliant on third-party mods (like the CoFH suite, which seems to be taking a long time updating- that's my guess as to why).

But I'm pretty clueless about it as well, for much the same reasons as you, so that's about all I can say.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
As I understood what little I heard about it on a Livestream, Forge is implementing a default energy system in their program that will be available for Mod developers to use for their projects instead of having multiple energy types cluttering the landscape. I assume that the MDs would be able to transform the "Forge Energy" to RF or whatever energy their mod uses as well, but in effect there ideally would be only one type of energy to process "internally".

[Edit] Rats! Ninja'd by Someone Else (that sounds so plural put that way :D )

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
In the Hermitpack, does the autosmelt enchantment you get via vanilla enchanting a tool also work with fortune 3 (similarly to how it works with TiCo lava crystal+lapis)?

A

Ausghostdog

Convert rf to eu? I can do eu to rf but not the other way and all the threads seem to be a few years old. This is for FTB:IE