Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Ok. Another FTB Classic Challenge Map question: Does the Electic Jetpackwork on this map? I can't get it to fly.
Probably an obvious question: Did you charge it first?

Slightly less obvious question: Is it in the right mode? Check your keybinds to see what keys look like they might affect the behavior of the electric jetpack, then press them a few times to see if that makes it work.

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
For the MFR Sewer block, are there any tips for how to put a liquid filter inline somewhere? I'm using the Sewers under a cow/sheep pasture, and most of the time they work fine, sending the liquid brown stuff down attached pipes to a MFR Composter. But they also collect XP, and every so often I have to manually flush the pipes because they have a miniscule amount of green goop clogging up the works.

I've tried attaching two pipes to each Sewer block, but they happily send manure down both pipes. I've tried Liquiducts, and added a bucket of brown stuff to the Servo whitelist filter, but that doesn't seem to work. I routed the liquid via EnderTank, but that just means I get a tank of green liquid once in a while, which also blocks the manure collection.

Any suggestions? I don't really care about the XP, but if it's easy enough to collect I'll funnel it to a drum or something.
If you right click an enderio fluid conduit (even the lowest tier one) with a bucket full of a liquid, it locks that conduit to said fluid.

Reactions: Greystoke

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
What methods are there of extracting items from slots that can't normally be extracted from? Trying to automate the bibliocraft printing press, but I want to pull out the enchanted plates and repair them (which I can easily do and then reinsert), the problem is I can't figure out any method to pull them out. Interested if any 1.7.10 mod can do it really, even if I'm unlucky enough to not have access to it.

H

Hoops4sho

as you may know, left clicking an item in NEI will give you a full stack of the item (if the counter is set to '0') and right clicking will just give you 1 of the item... is it possible to reverse this? as in, left clicking will give you a single item and right clicking will give you what the counter is set to?

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I've heard Steve's Factory Manager might be able to, somehow. I seem to recall folks using it to round-robin things into a RoC blast furnace, but I don't know how successful they were.

A

AzzyTheDreemurr

That could be very difficult. Agrarian Skyies hasn't been developed in a long time. So I wouldn't recommend adding to it since you can't update some of the mods without breaking the quests and custom minetweaker scripts.
my bad, i meant Agrarian skies 2.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
For the MFR Sewer block, are there any tips for how to put a liquid filter inline somewhere? I'm using the Sewers under a cow/sheep pasture, and most of the time they work fine, sending the liquid brown stuff down attached pipes to a MFR Composter. But they also collect XP, and every so often I have to manually flush the pipes because they have a miniscule amount of green goop clogging up the works.

I've tried attaching two pipes to each Sewer block, but they happily send manure down both pipes. I've tried Liquiducts, and added a bucket of brown stuff to the Servo whitelist filter, but that doesn't seem to work. I routed the liquid via EnderTank, but that just means I get a tank of green liquid once in a while, which also blocks the manure collection.

Any suggestions? I don't really care about the XP, but if it's easy enough to collect I'll funnel it to a drum or something.
MFR actually has its own Liquid Router to sort fluids.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I've heard Steve's Factory Manager might be able to, somehow. I seem to recall folks using it to round-robin things into a RoC blast furnace, but I don't know how successful they were.
I'll have to play around with SFM more, I couldn't get it to work. Although that does remind me of a related issue.

Is there anyway to make SFM filter by metadata? In this case specifically to pull out damaged tools from something so they can be repaired, I couldn't figure out how, only the little item search things was there for me and didn't see any advanced settings for it.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Is there anyway to make SFM filter by metadata? In this case specifically to pull out damaged tools from something so they can be repaired, I couldn't figure out how, only the little item search things was there for me and didn't see any advanced settings for it.

After you search for an item you can click on it and it will take you sub menu where you can specify additional parameters. Things like amount, fuzzy, precise. I think metadata is in there as well.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Yea, if only Curse had someone on staff whose job was to keep stuff like that up to date ...

The reality of it would be that there would be too many packs in need of updates, and too few staff to go around updating them. That means nothing much would change regarding modpack updates! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Greystoke

Jan 7, 2016
A quick EnderIO/Gendustry question, and a follow up to a recent MFR question.

Question: If I hook up EnderIO item conduits to Gendustry Apiaries with the Automation upgrades installed, will the conduit pull bees before they're used for the next breeding cycle? I know I can blacklist the princess bees to leave them in the apiary, but I also want to pull excess drones along with the combs.

Followup to MFR Sewer question; I am planning to make the MFR Liquid Router, but for the moment I've stuck an ExU Drum under the liquid duct network, it's sucked up the traces of XP juice, and the raw sewage flows to the Ender Tank. Seems to be stable, but I want the router to ensure I can breed the mobs without causing a bottleneck somewhere. Thanks for all the helpful responses!

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
A quick EnderIO/Gendustry question, and a follow up to a recent MFR question.

Question: If I hook up EnderIO item conduits to Gendustry Apiaries with the Automation upgrades installed, will the conduit pull bees before they're used for the next breeding cycle? I know I can blacklist the princess bees to leave them in the apiary, but I also want to pull excess drones along with the combs.

Nope. That's the best bit about the upgrade, the princess and any drones that will stack with each other get dropped right back into the breeding slots rather than the output slots.

You'll end up with 63 drones in the drone slot but anything beyond that will get pulled by your conduits.