Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing ftb unstable 1.10.2 I don't see the things in Rffools to make other dimensions. What do i need to add to be able to do it.

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the rather odd question, but does the Ritual of magnetism upgrades in 1.10 (By placing metal/diamond blocks underneath it) stack with one another or with itself?

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I'm sure this has been asked before, but my google-fu is failing me.

Do Magnum Torches interfere with mob spawns from Cursed Earth and Auto-Spawners?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I'm sure this has been asked before, but my google-fu is failing me.

Do Magnum Torches interfere with mob spawns from Cursed Earth and Auto-Spawners?

No they do not
They will not prevent spawning through methods other than regular vanilla darkness spawns.

But I think they might have an effect on the mobs once spawned, causing them to despawn after a while(usually not a problem since you have killed them before that happens).

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I seem to be having a disconnect issue with my server.. It's up and running fine on a 3rd party host (Infinity Evolved 2.5.0), but my GF and I get booted out with a java io exception.

In the console I have this error:

Code:
[Server] INFO io.netty.handler.timeout.ReadTimeoutException
[Server] Netty IO #4/ERROR [FML]: NetworkDispatcher exception

There is no crash report to post (neither client nor server side) as the server is still up and running just fine.

I've tried to do some research on this issue, and come up with either solutions that point to the mod Morph (not in Infinity Evolved) or to use the cmd.exe and use netsh winsock reset...

I've updated java (32 and 64bit) and have selected the 64 bit version to be used by the curse launcher but have only managed to last about 9 minutes on the server before I get forceably disconnected.

Any suggestions?

U

unknown.acolyte

I'm trying to use AE2 to automatically remove an empty Heating Coil and replace it with a full one in an Alchemical Furnace, but the input & output are the same face. Is there any way to automate this?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I'm trying to use AE2 to automatically remove an empty Heating Coil and replace it with a full one in an Alchemical Furnace, but the input & output are the same face. Is there any way to automate this?
trans-vector interface from thaumic tinker maybe . other wise u could use ender io conduits to extract and also insert from the same side , probably would need the filter that detects charge lvl for the extraction bit

Reactions: unknown.acolyte

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
You might be able to pull it off using only AE2 if you place a Storage Bus on the bottom of your alchemical furnace, and connect it to an ME Interface in an ad-hoc subnet consisting of only two blocks and a quartz fiber for power. Then, you could place down an Import Bus and an Export Bus, both aimed at the Interface and wired up to your main network. Configure the Export Bus to output only fully-charged heating coils, the Interface to stock a single empty coil, and the Import Bus to extract only fully discharged coils.

When the coil in your furnace runs out of charge, the Interface will pull it out and store it in its own inventory. Then, the Import Bus will suck it into your main network, where it will be recharged by some other automation you presumably have. Once that's done, the Export Bus will pull the coil out of your main network and shove it into the Interface, which will then transfer it to the furnace by way of the storage bus.

Alternatively, it's worth noting that an alchemical furnace burning Alumentum will distill its essentia slurry into attached arcane alembics much faster than one burning ordinary fuel. And you're well on your way toward automating alumentum.

Reactions: unknown.acolyte

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to be having a disconnect issue with my server.. It's up and running fine on a 3rd party host (Infinity Evolved 2.5.0), but my GF and I get booted out with a java io exception.

In the console I have this error:

Code:
[Server] INFO io.netty.handler.timeout.ReadTimeoutException
[Server] Netty IO #4/ERROR [FML]: NetworkDispatcher exception

There is no crash report to post (neither client nor server side) as the server is still up and running just fine.

I've tried to do some research on this issue, and come up with either solutions that point to the mod Morph (not in Infinity Evolved) or to use the cmd.exe and use netsh winsock reset...

I've updated java (32 and 64bit) and have selected the 64 bit version to be used by the curse launcher but have only managed to last about 9 minutes on the server before I get forceably disconnected.

Any suggestions?
Try reinstalling the server and client side.

Sent from a phone running tapatalk OS

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
So I got the sentient armor gem, but how does one actually use it? Cause right Clicking adn shift right clicking doesn't work

I'm on 1.10.2 BTW if it matters

U

unknown.acolyte

You might be able to pull it off using only AE2 if you place a Storage Bus on the bottom of your alchemical furnace, and connect it to an ME Interface in an ad-hoc subnet consisting of only two blocks and a quartz fiber for power. Then, you could place down an Import Bus and an Export Bus, both aimed at the Interface and wired up to your main network. Configure the Export Bus to output only fully-charged heating coils, the Interface to stock a single empty coil, and the Import Bus to extract only fully discharged coils.

When the coil in your furnace runs out of charge, the Interface will pull it out and store it in its own inventory. Then, the Import Bus will suck it into your main network, where it will be recharged by some other automation you presumably have. Once that's done, the Export Bus will pull the coil out of your main network and shove it into the Interface, which will then transfer it to the furnace by way of the storage bus.

Alternatively, it's worth noting that an alchemical furnace burning Alumentum will distill its essentia slurry into attached arcane alembics much faster than one burning ordinary fuel. And you're well on your way toward automating alumentum.

For some reason I missed that Alumentum distilled faster. I'll have to check that out. I'm already able to automate it, I just never had a reason. Thanks!

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
Playing on MC 1.10.2, does anyone have an issue where holding 'W' to move forward, then pressing 'Tab', stops their movement? I don't recall it working this way under 1.7. I'm playing FTB Unstable 1.10 for 1.10.2; I know no technical support is offered for Unstable but I'm not sure if this is an MC issue or mod issue.

The only thing I have bound to Tab is toggling Journeymap's minimaps.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen several videos where an item is created ( pulled from the output) while there are items still being carried by the mouse cursor. Is this some mod? What is the key I should press?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I've seen several videos where an item is created ( pulled from the output) while there are items still being carried by the mouse cursor. Is this some mod? What is the key I should press?
If I understand you correctly, are items being clicked out of the output and into the inventory while there are items in the cursor, is that correct? If so I believe shift-clicking on the output will do that? I may have misunderstood.

Reactions: Ashendale