Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
B

BuzyD

Can you add an item to an Existing Item Filter (Ender IO) snapshot without reaching the item conduit's connection UI?

The Existing Item Filter's description says "... Right click while sneaking on an inventory to add the content to the snapshot." I am assuming this is describing a convenient way to add more items to an existing snapshot without having to reach the item conduit connection's interface. I tried tried multiple ways and it doesn't seem to work. I tried shift+right click on the concerned chest, with the yeta wrench, with the item I want to add, with an empty hand and on an empty slot of the chests inventory UI. I tried googling it and I can't find any answers.

Is there something I'm not getting here?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure of the actual answer, as this is a mechanic I've appearantly overlooked. Have you tired using an empty filter in your hand and shift-clicking the chest? Having the filter already containing info may be your problem. Info can be removed from the filter through crafting it alone in the grid.

B

BuzyD

Oh yeah you are right. I have to be holding the filter. Wow... this kind of stinks... Whenever I add something new to a chest I have to run around and update the filter. Kind of tedious if you ask me. Anw thanks.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yeah you are right. I have to be holding the filter. Wow... this kind of stinks... Whenever I add something new to a chest I have to run around and update the filter. Kind of tedious if you ask me. Anw thanks.

It's not so bad. Just click the chest with a blank filter, swap it out in the conduit, then blank the old one for the next time. Happy to help.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Tinkering with FTB Unstable 1.10. Anyone know if the current version of Tinkers Construct allows you to replace tool parts? If so, how?
I'm pretty sure it doesn't. That feature was from iguana's tinkers iirc and I don't think they got added.

Reactions: Pyure

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Tinkering with FTB Unstable 1.10. Anyone know if the current version of Tinkers Construct allows you to replace tool parts? If so, how?
I'm pretty sure it doesn't. That feature was from iguana's tinkers iirc and I don't think they got added.
wrong in 1.10 that is a feature native to vanilla tinkers and u dont need to have the tool at full durability to do so

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
In addition to material cost doubling, yes you can repair tools using the default configs, although I'm sure the feature can be disabled.

Basically you have to use the tool forge/station to replace a part and you lose the old part, Put the tool in the center and the part in one of the other slots.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
In addition to material cost doubling, yes you can repair tools using the default configs, although I'm sure the feature can be disabled.

Basically you have to use the tool forge/station to replace a part and you lose the old part, Put the tool in the center and the part in one of the other slots.
Tried and failed sadly (with both damaged and full repair). Perhaps the precise exchange I'm attempting doesn't work for some reason.

Not a big deal.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Yes, sometimes (particualrly if the durability of the tool goes down with the swap) the tool does need to be sufficently repaired (not usually fully repaired, but that's the safest)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yes, sometimes (particualrly if the durability of the tool goes down with the swap) the tool does need to be sufficently repaired (not usually fully repaired, but that's the safest)
I can confirm it does work. I wasn't able to do one particular swap, but it might have been an X for X swap instead of an X for Y.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I can confirm it does work. I wasn't able to do one particular swap, but it might have been an X for X swap instead of an X for Y.
i never heard of being able to swap 1 type(crossbar for handguard) for another in iguana tweaks which from what ive heard is what the code is based on

Unium

Jul 29, 2019
So, i'm in somewhat of a pickle.
y69BvFG.png

I tried using a Ender thermic pump to take out the oil, but it stops, i don't know why.
Does anyone has any suggestions to put out the fire?
The pack is Crackpack.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
y69BvFG.png

I tried using a Ender thermic pump to take out the oil, but it stops, i don't know why.
The pack is Crackpack.

Use a BC Pump. It won't put the fire out, but it won't stop working till the oil is all gone.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
y69BvFG.png

The pack is Crackpack.
Try using Water poured from the top of the quarried area. Due to its interesting flow mechanics, you only need to pour a few buckets. It will spread out over the entire (flat) area and extinguish the fire.

There's other neat tricks to put out fires. I believe Witchery has a custom throwable "potion" that will extinguish fires in a large area.

Unium

Jul 29, 2019
Use a BC Pump. It won't put the fire out, but it won't stop working till the oil is all gone.

Tks man.. i guess i'm really rusty or something, BC oil = BC pump... :D
its done, fire is out and oil is stored inside the barrels
tTlaoxf.png

Reactions: Inaeo