Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
P

Pc_Pyro

Huh. I'm not totally familiar with servers...but that should still work. Does it show up in single player and did you restart the server.
It finally worked, had to put it both in my client and reinstall it in my server and it worked, thanks!

A

Aycce

Why does IC2 allow reactors that do the same thing and provide nukes as well. Best to ask you friend that owns the server to restore from backup if he can. BTW: I would ask him to ban the other player. I don't mind players setting up reactors like that but they need to verify in single player that their design will work and can be shutdown safely if needed. Then they need to make sure that IF something goes wrong it won't impact other players.
That's what I explained to him. But his logic is very different. He built his base before me (weeks ago) so he thinks he has every right on it, even if it threatens my base.

To everyone planning on building a Draconic Evolution reactor, here's what it looks like :
How I discovered what happened + my Wither Skeleton farm :
EF8aV5N.png
nYlhre8.png
The area damaged by the explosion :
hfZ5hC6.jpg
0mMdt5p.png
My base (the underground part is gone) :
JW8iu94.jpg
Jp46RGB.jpg

Don't do DE reactors. Big Reactors is much safer.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
That's what I explained to him. But his logic is very different. He built his base before me (weeks ago) so he thinks he has every right on it, even if it threatens my base.

Trying to be on the positive side here. But, it gives you a reason to start over someplace far far away. And I actually had a friend do a DE reactor on my server. But, he did his research in single player first. He also set a few off in single player just so he was aware of what to expect and do on a server. So there are no issues when he built it in survival mode on the server.

Reactions: rhn and joshwoo70
A

Aycce

Trying to be on the positive side here. But, it gives you a reason to start over someplace far far away. And I actually had a friend do a DE reactor on my server. But, he did his research in single player first. He also set a few off in single player just so he was aware of what to expect and do on a server. So there are no issues when he built it in survival mode on the server.
Yeah but there's always a risk and building a reactor that's not 1000 blocks away from everything is pure madness. And starting from scratch is painful, as the beginning is very rough and slow. Especially for my Mystcraft worlds (rip Ludicrite ocean, rip Cryotheum ocean, rip all the other worlds) .

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Yeah but there's always a risk and building a reactor that's not 1000 blocks away from everything is pure madness. And starting from scratch is painful, as the beginning is very rough and slow. Especially for my Mystcraft worlds (rip Ludicrite ocean, rip Cryotheum ocean, rip all the other worlds) .
That really is terrible luck :(

I don't know if you can duplicate mystcraft books, I think the pages are possible. If you have Ender Storage on your server (if not, just ignore this), it might be worth having a single ender chest with a diamond lock that you use to store only your most precious items (or a copy of them). Even if it gets destroyed, the contents are stored to your player data, and so you can get them back using a new chest with the same colour code and applying a diamond to the lock.

Which brings me to my question(s): on a server, Ender Storage ender chests are open to all by default if they have the same colours, and are only locked into your character (like the vanilla ones) if you use a diamond on the lock.

How is this reflected with the Ender Bags? If you hit a chest with the bag, the colour coding on the chest will be applied to said bag.

Does that happen if the chest has a diamond lock? i.e. is the bag locked to you as well?

What happens to your access via a colour-matched bag if you apply a diamond to the lock on the corresponding chest after you've set the bag colours?

A

Aycce

That really is terrible luck :(

I don't know if you can duplicate mystcraft books, I think the pages are possible. If you have Ender Storage on your server (if not, just ignore this), it might be worth having a single ender chest with a diamond lock that you use to store only your most precious items (or a copy of them). Even if it gets destroyed, the contents are stored to your player data, and so you can get them back using a new chest with the same colour code and applying a diamond to the lock.

Which brings me to my question(s): on a server, Ender Storage ender chests are open to all by default if they have the same colours, and are only locked into your character (like the vanilla ones) if you use a diamond on the lock.

How is this reflected with the Ender Bags? If you hit a chest with the bag, the colour coding on the chest will be applied to said bag.

Does that happen if the chest has a diamond lock? i.e. is the bag locked to you as well?

What happens to your access via a colour-matched bag if you apply a diamond to the lock on the corresponding chest after you've set the bag colours?
There are more options like the Personal Safe, a backpack with Soulbound on it, etc... Or even a vanilla Enderchest.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
The diamond associates the colors to you. It doesn't actually lock the chest. Anyone can open and take things out of an ender chest with a diamond. So basically all the diamond does is allow you to use the same colors as another player but not interfere with each other because the diamond makes the color combination player dependent.

Another example you have an ender tank pumping fuel out of an age. If you put a diamond on that other players can't create a tank to steal from you by copying the color code. It take you putting the diamond on it to make it work.

A strong box is usually a better choice to keep things safe from other players.

A

Aycce

I some other questions tho : in FTB Infinity Evolved, there is a claiming system. You can disable explosions inside the claim using the command "/lmplayer_settings explosions false" . But I tested some things in solo and apparently your claim can still be damaged if the explosion comes from somewhere outside your claim.

Is there a command to block explosion damage even when it comes from somewhere outside the claim ?
If not, does the command "/lmplayer_settings explosions false" prevent nuclear explosions (like the Draconic Evolution reactor) ?
I don't know how to build a reactor like this so I can't test it :/

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The diamond associates the colors to you. It doesn't actually lock the chest. Anyone can open and take things out of an ender chest with a diamond. So basically all the diamond does is allow you to use the same colors as another player but not interfere with each other because the diamond makes the color combination player dependent.
I always thought that meant that all another player would see if he opened your "your" diamond applied chest with that colour combination, was "his" variant of the diamond applied chests with that colour combination...

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I always thought that meant that all another player would see if he opened your "your" diamond applied chest with that colour combination, was "his" variant of the diamond applied chests with that colour combination...
It actually becomes like a forth color combination with your player name being the 4th color when you use a diamond on an ender chest. Take a look at the data file used by ender storage sometime. You will just numbered entries that correspond with color combinations. But you will also see entries that have the same number with the addition of the players name.

Reactions: Everlasting2

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Don't do DE reactors. Big Reactors is much safer
he probably got bored of using big reactors so he decided to try something differnt + when that reactor went off it toasted his base as well ,mystcraft ages dont die when there descriptive book is destroyed its just if u dont have link books for it at that pt you lose acess to it (this can be fixed with admin commands )

Dreamer1986

Jun 13, 2014
Since no one noticed/cared about my simple question, here it is again:

Will there be another update to FTB Infinity? It seems that 2.5 has been the latest for months.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Since no one noticed/cared about my simple question, here it is again:

Will there be another update to FTB Infinity? It seems that 2.5 has been the latest for months.

I believe all efforts are being put into making new packs, and most 1.7 packs will not see much for updates. Feel free to update mods on your own, but know that they have a chance to be incompatible (I've not run into any world shattering conflicts so far).

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Infinity Evolved 2.5.0 Forestry backpack config issue again here.

I stopped my hosted server, deleted the forestry backpack config file, and restarted it.

Backpacks still not picking up stuff. Any other suggestions? Is there a "good" config file I can download and upload to my server?

*Edit: Okay for some reason it took three deletions and restarts to get them to work... Move along citizen... Nothing to see here...

Sent from my igloo using Canadian Goose Mesenger

Last edited:
V

Vakturion

Is there anyway to change the colour of the sky in Biomes o' plenty? there's a biome I'm set up in but I don't like the sky colour.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to change the colour of the sky in Biomes o' plenty? there's a biome I'm set up in but I don't like the sky colour.

Check your configs. There was an option to disable the forced sky colors at one point or another.

Failing that, try a RFTools or Mystcraft dimension, as both those mods offer the ability to custom pick your sky color and biome selection.