Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jakemurt

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to download Unstable 1.10 Server files? Button is grayed out in the launcher and can't seem to find anything searching around, maybe I'm just missing it or something?

D

DandolfTheGray

How do I write a review on a server post? I can't figure it out and I've done it before.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
enderman heads unstable 1.10 I made a clever with beheading VI on it. I get 1 head for about 3 nights of hunting. Is there a better way to get them?

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
My GF has a strange issue once in a while on Infinity 2.5.0

Right clicking on a crop (wheat carrots what ever) change to a dirt block when she picks them up. The issue corrects itself after a logout/login but is still annoying, since no one else on the server is having this issue. Anyone know what might be causing it, and if there is a fix?

Sent from my igloo using Canadian Goose Mesenger

J

Jonii

Can someone tell me the pack code of the FTB modpack called Modpack of the Month Botania pls ????

Coyote81

Jul 29, 2019
I've been trying to solve a couple simple issues:
-Nothing I try lately lets me pull blocks of electric steel from a casting basin, if it because of the electric steel?
-What transport system will let me input a single block at a time into a sacrifice altar?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
-Nothing I try lately lets me pull blocks of electric steel from a casting basin, if it because of the electric steel?
-What transport system will let me input a single block at a time into a sacrifice altar?
If you're talking about blood magic, thermal expansion is actually really great for this. I use retrievers. A retriever can stipulate how many of a given item to pull into the attached inventory. So just set it to 1.

I imagine translocators is good for this as well.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
If you're talking about blood magic, thermal expansion is actually really great for this. I use retrievers. A retriever can stipulate how many of a given item to pull into the attached inventory. So just set it to 1.

I imagine translocators is good for this as well.
Or ExtraUtilities hyper-rationing pipes. Thermal Dynamics filters can do it too, if you have servos but are too cheap for retrievers.

If you place an item into a casting table or basin, automation will not be able to pull it out- after all, you don't want your automation to pull out your casts before you can start pouring liquid into them. However, after the casting table or basin crafts an item, that item will be accessible to automation.

If you're testing your setup by sticking an electrical steel block into your casting basin and seeing if your pipes will pull it out, it won't work. Pour a block's worth of molten steel into the basin and then see what happens.

Reactions: Pyure

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to make Fresh water and Salt from pam's harvest in unstable 1.10 with some sort of auto crafting. Want to auto craft chicken pot pies

V

Vakturion

I've got an Ender-thermic pump working away in the nether, it turns blocks into stone one at a time showing progress. Will I eventually use all of the lava? or is it infinite?

How many Magmatic Dynamos can 1 Ender-thermic pump support?

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I've got an Ender-thermic pump working away in the nether, it turns blocks into stone one at a time showing progress. Will I eventually use all of the lava? or is it infinite?

How many Magmatic Dynamos can 1 Ender-thermic pump support?

1) The pump will stop, I think it does about a 4 chunk radius.

2) How long is a piece of string? Depends on your power load. Depends if your bulk storing lava before the Dynamos. Start with 4, if your not getting enough power add 2 more, repeat until more power than needed is achieved. If you have lava storage and the tank level is being maintained then 1 pump is enough.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019

1) if you try a hopper under the casting basin and that does not work - nothing will

2) An alternative to Pyure's suggestion, use the Blood Magic Routers they are perfect for doing that, almost like they were made for the job.

A

Aycce

Hi, I recently started doing some research about Big Reactors. But all the designs and spreadsheets I found were outdated and the numbers did not match with the actual version.
Before, using different coolants was the best option because they all had different properties. But now, after testing lots of reactor designs, I find that the efficiency and RF production is at it's best when there's only Gelid Cryotheum.
I also don't understand how the Control Rods work. Apparently the more the rod is inserted, the less power you'll get but the more your reactor will be efficient in RF/mB. So what's the idea ? You put 50% everywhere to get a low production but perfect efficiency ?

Moreover, I don't understand how Coils work. I can't afford Ludicrite in my FTB world, but apparently you can use other blocks. But which ? And which is the best (after Ludicrite) ? And is there a special shape you need to do in order for your turbine to produce more ? And the blades. From what I've seen the turbine only allows a max of 80 blades. But I've seen spreasheets showing 100+ blades in a turbine. Was this only in previous versions ?

Finally, I'd like if some of you could tell me/send me a screenshot of their best reactors designs, as well as turbines design.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hi, I recently started doing some research about Big Reactors. But all the designs and spreadsheets I found were outdated and the numbers did not match with the actual version.
Before, using different coolants was the best option because they all had different properties. But now, after testing lots of reactor designs, I find that the efficiency and RF production is at it's best when there's only Gelid Cryotheum.
I also don't understand how the Control Rods work. Apparently the more the rod is inserted, the less power you'll get but the more your reactor will be efficient in RF/mB. So what's the idea ? You put 50% everywhere to get a low production but perfect efficiency ?

Moreover, I don't understand how Coils work. I can't afford Ludicrite in my FTB world, but apparently you can use other blocks. But which ? And which is the best (after Ludicrite) ? And is there a special shape you need to do in order for your turbine to produce more ? And the blades. From what I've seen the turbine only allows a max of 80 blades. But I've seen spreasheets showing 100+ blades in a turbine. Was this only in previous versions ?

Finally, I'd like if some of you could tell me/send me a screenshot of their best reactors designs, as well as turbines design.

Reactors work most efficiently at an optimum temperature. It likely varies by design, but a rule of thumb I use is to check around the 800C mark. So adjust your rods until your reactor is running somewhere around that point.

If fuel isn't a big concern, you can also just adjust your fuel rods automatically (through computercraft scripting or some such) to adjust to your needs: if your main storage battery is 100% fuel, your control rods with would be 0% open, generating 0 power. And vice versa.

Fluxed Electrum is probably one of the next best blocks before Ludicrite. In this case you simply want to add "heavy" blocks like ludicrite etc until your turbine is spinning at approximately 1800 RPM. The turbine runs best at 1800 (and 900).

Shape and placement of your coils has no impact on the turbine, except insofar as the actual rules of the turbine's assembly are concerned.

My understanding is that 80 blades is the maximum. Maybe that number is configurable. Since they each "consume" 25 mb of steam, this also means your turbine can consume a maximum of 2000mb of steam.