Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
What mod will let me change the mining level of blocks? Specifically Oreberry Bushes from TiCon and AOBD?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
What mod will let me change the mining level of blocks? Specifically Oreberry Bushes from TiCon and AOBD?
Iguana Tweaks should get the job done, I think.

My OCD kicked in hard and I decided to breed Forestry trees. Now I just grew a Kapok tree, and it's a huge bastard. As tall as a 2x2 Spruce. My question is: do the poor bees down below gather pollen from up high? Is it enough that they detect the trunk? If I shear the leaves and put them lower does it work? Wut do?

Reactions: jdog1408

Jorvalt

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question... I am playing on FTB Infinity Evolved and I am messing with the ME Storage Drives. I know I can partition a cell so that, cobblestone for example, will only go onto that cell. What I want to know is if there is a way to specifically set the system so that once that cell fills up, any extra cobble will not be accepted on any other drives.

thanks in advance
I don't know much about that, so the only method I can think of off the top of my head is just having it in a drive by itself. If that doesn't work, then maybe put the drive in a subnetwork using a storage bus + interface or something.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question... I am playing on FTB Infinity Evolved and I am messing with the ME Storage Drives. I know I can partition a cell so that, cobblestone for example, will only go onto that cell. What I want to know is if there is a way to specifically set the system so that once that cell fills up, any extra cobble will not be accepted on any other drives.

thanks in advance

Use a Storage Bus/Export Bus on a Trash Can or Void Chest using a lower priority than the drive your formatted cell lives in. Make sure to set up the whitelist on the Storage Bus/Export Bus -BEFORE- connecting it to your main network, else you will trash your entire storage.

@rhn did a little tutorial for 1.6, but the overall theory is still sound. You can find it halfway down page 2, but if you haven't seen the thread before, there is some wonderful work as well as a number of tips and tricks in there.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...ild-journal-guide-collection-etc.42664/page-2

L

L3thal1ty

Use a Storage Bus/Export Bus on a Trash Can or Void Chest using a lower priority than the drive your formatted cell lives in. Make sure to set up the whitelist on the Storage Bus/Export Bus -BEFORE- connecting it to your main network, else you will trash your entire storage.

@rhn did a little tutorial for 1.6, but the overall theory is still sound. You can find it halfway down page 2, but if you haven't seen the thread before, there is some wonderful work as well as a number of tips and tricks in there.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...ild-journal-guide-collection-etc.42664/page-2

I hadn't thought of this option. I ended up just making a completely isolated ME storage network just to handle the item in question... 1 drive, 1 cell, 1 terminal... even has it's own independent solar power and battery backup. Sure it's more resource intensive, but I was not sure how fast I would get an answer and I needed the work done asap lol. Thank you for the help though :)

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
Does a BR turbine fluid port have a limit on transfer rate or no? The number is quoted on the Technicpack Wiki (which seems to be the most fleshed out one) is 360mB/t, but I've seen people feeding maximum sized turbines from two fluid ports.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Does a BR turbine fluid port have a limit on transfer rate or no? The number is quoted on the Technicpack Wiki (which seems to be the most fleshed out one) is 360mB/t, but I've seen people feeding maximum sized turbines from two fluid ports.

I feed steam into my max sized Turbines through multiple ports usually, but I extract water from it from a single port. As far as I've seen, the only thing keeping you from using a single input (and a single output) is the throughput of the pipes you're using. I solved most of my throughput issues by using Liquid Transfer Nodes from XU (with some upgrades of course)

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
If it does have a limit, it's at least 2000 mB/t. That 360 mB/t number probably either came from a badly outdated version of BR, or is the limit of whatever fluid transport method whoever came up with that number was using.

Tesseracts have infinite throughput, as do direct connections between fluid ports. If you want to save on resources, you can build your turbines flat against your reactor, with the Reactor Fluid Ports directly adjacent to the appropriate Turbine Fluid Ports. You'll need an extra port in the reactor to add water, but once you do, it's a closed system (as long as you don't vent excess steam, of course).

L

L3thal1ty

Another quick question... within FTB Infinity Evolved, I am having trouble finding any machine that would allow me to set up an auto tree farm. I did not want to have to go the botania route with mana spreaders and bore lenses, but I can not seem to find any other option. Am I missing something?

Edit: Will the MFR Harvester chop trees? I have only ever used it for crops.

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Another quick question... within FTB Infinity Evolved, I am having trouble finding any machine that would allow me to set up an auto tree farm. I did not want to have to go the botania route with mana spreaders and bore lenses, but I can not seem to find any other option. Am I missing something?

Edit: Will the MFR Harvester chop trees? I have only ever used it for crops.
It will indeed, as will EnderIO's farming block or a Thaumcraft golem with a woodcutting core.

One thing to keep in mind with the Harvester (which you may already be aware of): If it fills up with sludge, it will run more slowly while voiding any excess sludge. Either hook up a boiler or attach a void pipe to keep it running at full speed.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Also it's significantly cheaper to run than an ender io farmer, I swapped because of that. The ender io one was something like 90RF/t + 500RF/operation with an octadic while planter/harvester were something like 240RF/operation, no passive draw. You'd have to check in-game for the actual numbers but I think they're all correct, faced with just charcoal gen in expert and it being annoying to craft more generators I swapped to the cheaper option that doesn't consume axes.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a bit of trouble on Infinity 2.4.2 trying to get Pink Ivory Wood. Thing is, if the sapling grows naturally or if I use bone meal of sorts, the game crashes. Is the Pink Ivory tree the only one that gives those logs?

Jorvalt

Jul 29, 2019
Someone (Watchful I believe) posted a couple days ago that the bottom of the world spawns nodes. Which means you will need to figure out a way to get down there without splutting.
Well, I just recently actually managed to get down to the bottom of the world and check for nodes, and I found none. Looked all around with my thaumometer and there wasn't a node in sight. I'm not sure if that's due to the reduced visibility in the void, but as of posting this reply I have not found any.

Hiranus0

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking for omnitools. I know about Atomic Disassembler form Mekanism, but are there any other tools with similar abilities. It would be great if i could enchant them.

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
I feed steam into my max sized Turbines through multiple ports usually, but I extract water from it from a single port. As far as I've seen, the only thing keeping you from using a single input (and a single output) is the throughput of the pipes you're using. I solved most of my throughput issues by using Liquid Transfer Nodes from XU (with some upgrades of course)

If it does have a limit, it's at least 2000 mB/t. That 360 mB/t number probably either came from a badly outdated version of BR, or is the limit of whatever fluid transport method whoever came up with that number was using.

Tesseracts have infinite throughput, as do direct connections between fluid ports. If you want to save on resources, you can build your turbines flat against your reactor, with the Reactor Fluid Ports directly adjacent to the appropriate Turbine Fluid Ports. You'll need an extra port in the reactor to add water, but once you do, it's a closed system (as long as you don't vent excess steam, of course).
Hm, thanks.

It seems like the problem is that somehow, my MFR steam boilers aren't putting out a constant 400mB of steam. It dips occasionally.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, thanks.

It seems like the problem is that somehow, my MFR steam boilers aren't putting out a constant 400mB of steam. It dips occasionally.

Make sure you have enough water flowing into them. That seems to be the only way to make the output dip that I've seen. They do chew through water pretty quick, so XU Liquid Transfer Nodes or top tier Thermal Dynamics liquiducts are your best bet for continuous throughput.

O13SC3N3

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have any luck editing the HarvestLevel of ores in Ars Magica 2 with IguanaTinkerTweaks? I've tried everything and for some reason it wont sync. Changed Draconium works fine.

# Configuration file

##########################################################################################################
# info
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
# To change the harvestability, create a 'blocks_<toolclass>' category. See BlockDefaults for examples.
# Format of the block entries: <mod-id>:<name>:<metadata>=<harvestlevel>
# A metadata of -1 will apply the setting for all metadatas.
# A harvestlevel of -1 removes the tools effectiveness for this block.
# You can also add new properties. An Example:
# blocks_pickaxe { I:"minecraft:chest:-1"=0 }
# blocks_axe { I:"minecraft:chest:-1"=-1 }
# This changes the chest to be harvestable by pickaxes instead of axes. Note that this does not make any sense, since chests don't require a tool to break it.
#
# Mining Levels:
# 0 - §7Stone
# 1 - §6Copper
# 2 - §8Iron
# 3 - §fTin
# 4 - §cRedstone
# 5 - §dObsidian
# 6 - §4Ardite
# 7 - §3Cobalt
# 8 - §5Manyullyn
# 9 - §5Manyullyn§d+
# 10 - 10
# 11 - 11
# 12 - 12
#
##########################################################################################################

" info" {
}

#Tried this, (copied from default)#
blocks_pickaxe {
I:"arsmagica2:vinteumOre:0"=3
I:"arsmagica2:vinteumOre:1"=4
I:"arsmagica2:vinteumOre:2"=5
I:"arsmagica2:vinteumOre:3"=6
I:"arsmagica2:vinteumOre:4"=7
I:"arsmagica2:vinteumOre:6"=9
I:"arsmagica2:vinteumOre:9"=9
I:"arsmagica2:vinteumOre:7"=9
I:"arsmagica2:vinteumOre:5"=9
I:"arsmagica2:vinteumOre:8"=9
I:"arsmagica2:vinteumOre:11"=12
I:"arsmagica2:vinteumOre:12"=12
I:"arsmagica2:vinteumOre:13"=12
I:"arsmagica2:vinteumOre:14"=12
I:"arsmagica2:vinteumOre:15"=12
}

# generaloredict
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
# Adapt harvestability of all oredicted blocks here. The name is just the postfix, so instead of 'oreIron' you use 'Iron' and it changes all the iron oredcits it can find. like oreIron, denseoreIron, blockIron,...

generaloredict {
#Works Fine#
I:Draconium=9

#Tried This#
I:BlueTopaz=5
I:Chimerite=4
I:Moonstone=6
I:Sunstone=7
I:Vinteum=3

#Tried This#
I:Vinteum Ore=9
I:Chimerite Ore=9
I:Blue Topaz Ore=9
I:Moonstone Ore=9
I:Sunstone Ore=9
}

# oredict
# Adapt harvestability of specific oredicted blocks here. The name must be exact, so use 'oreIron' instead of 'Iron' here. Overwrites harvestlevels set by generaloredict.

oredict {

#Tried This#
I:eek:reBlueTopaz=5
I:eek:reChimerite=4
I:eek:reMoonstone=6
I:eek:reSunstone=7
I:eek:reVinteum=3

}