Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
I think the link modifier was never intended for play, it was more of an admin tool.

As for dense ores, if this didn't change, it spawns every single ores, even the ones disabled in the configs.
At least, it used to do that, and you ended with 5 types of tin and copper.

What I meant by the dense ores is that in the previous version of Mystcraft you got larger veins of non-vanilla ores as well as vanilla ones, or at least they "spawned" much closer together. I read elsewhere on this forum that in the latest version the dense ores only applies to the vanilla ores and the non-vanilla ore gen is exactly the same as it would be in a normal world unless the mod authors have added their ores to the dense ore ore gen file/config. Is that still true and have any mod authors added their ores?

Re the link modifier, so is there now no way to teleport in the same dimension with Mystcraft? That sucks if so. I really miss my 'following' linking book that I always had with me to teleport back to my base. :(

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I have a mfsu with 10mil eu in it. I want to move it. What is best way to store that power so i can move it. I am using ultimate pack.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I have a mfsu with 10mil eu in it. I want to move it. What is best way to store that power so i can move it. I am using ultimate pack.

Build another mfsu and hook it up to the first ones output?

Chre903

Jul 29, 2019
Per a previous thread, there is a config option in the Forestry configuration. Give it a look and it should be the only reference to textures.

"performance.particleFX.enabled=false"

I looked for everything but "Particle FX" :p
I have so many FPS now! :D

Reactions: Guswut

blueone

Jul 29, 2019
Today I saw that the ultimate pack has been released can I use my Mindcrack world without any problems ?

Schpoon

Jul 29, 2019
Im using Midcrack and it rains ALL THE BLOODY TIME.

1) Why does it rain so much and can you change in the config to at least allow some sunshine?
2) Apart from the dissapation charge (which requires investment into Bees), is there any other practical method to stop the rain?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
1) Why does it rain so much and can you change in the config to at least allow some sunshine?

Rain is randomized, so you are likely going to see times when there is a lot of rain.

Besides that, you're also likely going to REMEMBER the times when there is lots of rain as outstanding, versus all of the times without lots of rain.

I don't believe there is any config way to change this currently.

2) Apart from the dissapation charge (which requires investment into Bees), is there any other practical method to stop the rain?

If you are playing on single player, you can disable rain via NEI. Right click the rain/shine toggle to disable rain entirely.

Otherwise, /toggledownfall will work if you have cheats enabled.

If you are on a server, you can ask the admin to /toggledownfall, but that likely won't happen.

You can also disable rain's sound via minimal particles in the options, and entirely in OptiFine.

YooKahZee

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to change a bees flower wants? (Eg it wants nether, but I need it to want cacti etc)

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to change a bees flower wants? (Eg it wants nether, but I need it to want cacti etc)
Yep, the flower is not directly linked to a species.

You can breed it with others, and hope for the best, or go extract a good flower type from an other one and put it on your nether bee (hint: tier 3 Extra bees machines required).

noskk

Jul 29, 2019

Yes, just inject it with the cacti pollination serum :D no more new annoying flowers around, just put a cacti nearby and your bee is good to go :)

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
is there s way to get rid of the sound a chest makes when it opens. It gives me a headache when i am doing a lot of crafting

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
is there s way to get rid of the sound a chest makes when it opens. It gives me a headache when i am doing a lot of crafting
You could turn off your sound volume, or you could switch to barrels. If I'm not mistaken, barrels won't make sound when you pull items out.
Alternatively, if you have Applied Energistics installed, you could replace your chests with ME chests. They do require some power (although not much- a redstone engine or two might be enough, although I haven't tested this), but will make it easier to upgrade to a full-blown AE storage and processing system later on. I don't know if they have sounds or not, but I'd be surprised if they do.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019

Someone does need to make a nice sound mod that allows the toggle of some diffent sets of sounds.

I to find chests to be to noisy at times. But the answer to a sound issue should not be go make a comsic storage cloud.

Right now I just turn the sound down when I'm doing a lot of work and I am in a safe place.

Reactions: Whovian

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
when I log in. I play on a server, but it is on my pc. I use it to play with my sons.

i use the ultimate pack. It says there is a upgrade for portal guns and applied electronics. Should I go update them on my own, or will the launcher update them on a certain date?

also is there someone doing a lets play with ultimate pack. That explains some of what all the mods in this pack do. I watched alot of direwolf20's, but this pack has a lot more mods.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
when I log in. I play on a server, but it is on my pc. I use it to play with my sons.

i use the ultimate pack. It says there is a upgrade for portal guns and applied electronics. Should I go update them on my own, or will the launcher update them on a certain date?

also is there someone doing a lets play with ultimate pack. That explains some of what all the mods in this pack do. I watched alot of direwolf20's, but this pack has a lot more mods.

You will need to update the server by redownloading it.

Please back up any configs you might have changed. And please back up your server map just to be safe.

The client on the other hand will update it self when you launch it.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I to find chests to be to noisy at times. But the answer to a sound issue should not be go make a comsic storage cloud.

What heresy is this? According to the IT industry, making a gigantic storage cloud is the answer to EVERYTHING! :p

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
i just started a fresh new world with ultimate pack. To get the feel of it from the start. Just made a pulverizer, power furnace, 6 hobby steam engines, and a aquaouns accumlater. Then made me a ME chest got to say I like it. No more 50 stacks of something and no more damn chest noise.