Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Luckdemon

Jul 29, 2019
Question: is it possible to get a fusion reactor, full gravitation suit, matterfab, and many many machines in 3 days in Mindcrack 8.1.1 without mining more than 1 sheldonite ore from the end?

Without using dupe bugs

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Question: is it possible to get a fusion reactor, full gravitation suit, matterfab, and many many machines in 3 days in Mindcrack 8.1.1 without mining more than 1 sheldonite ore from the end?

Without using dupe bugs

It's possible, I don't even have matter/mass fab and are now having grav suit (not the head since you need ultimate solar panel for that). Use the plat bee with 9 frame housings, melon seeds and forestry oak for the wood and seed oil.

Fusion Reactor: no, because of chrome, titanium
Full grav suit: unlikely within 3 days I'd say 1 week and you can have the grav suit, (plat bee and austere bee for ITNT), not the head though it needs uum for sunnarium.
Matterfab: yes
many2 machines: yes

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Well, at least the Chrome can be purified from Ruby or Redstone.
not within 3 days lol, 1 week maybe..but highly unlikely since I forgot to mention that you also need to hunt some endermen to get the ender pearls to open end portal and then make an endermen farm for Be cells that will take like 3-4 hours..

plzent3r

Jul 29, 2019
Here's one from me for those with more TC3 experience: Can Clay Golems pull from Barrels?
Yes, they certainly can. Just place the marker block on the bottom side of the barrel, tell the golem what marker to use (If not using the "any marker" setting), and you should be good to go!

Reactions: Whovian

Luckdemon

Jul 29, 2019
I should have specified, this person in question got the fusion reactor before a matterfab or grav suit, and they did not have any bees.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
With little doubt, someone really good could get a fusion reactor, matterfab, and grav suit in a couple days, while it would most certainly not be easy to do so.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
I should have specified, this person in question got the fusion reactor before a matterfab or grav suit, and they did not have any bees.

Mindcrack doesn't have mystcraft right? might be possible with dense ore.. otherwise no idea, what did he use to get platinum? metallurgy 2? the coils need 30 plates that's 120 iridium..

wait... They? so it's more than 1 person.. ok that's possible then..

btw the fusion reactor... Does that include the 24 coils, if only the fusion reactor it's very possible to be made within 3 days.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using the ultimate 1.0.1 pack and my locomotives keep disappearing. Is anyone else having this problem?
By disappearing I mean the carts seem to sit there on their own and randomly the locomotive will reappear and it will start going again.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019

Without using dupe bugs

Sure if you cheat it all in with NEI. :p

Otherwise yeah there would be some issues with the needed parts. The big issue would be getting to the end in 3 days. Possable but most will not have the eyes needed to find the portal or even fix it when they get there.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using the ultimate 1.0.1 pack and my locomotives keep disappearing. Is anyone else having this problem?
By disappearing I mean the carts seem to sit there on their own and randomly the locomotive will reappear and it will start going again.
Is this traincraft?
If so it's buggy.
BUGGY.
B to the U to the Gee Gee WHY.

Schpoon

Jul 29, 2019
I cant keep up with the dirt requirements for the tree farm > fermenter > biofuel > boiler.

If i replace it with the wheat farm, would i see much loss in biofuel production? I assume the wheat farm doesnt need soil like its old version?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I cant keep up with the dirt requirements for the tree farm > fermenter > biofuel > boiler.

If i replace it with the wheat farm, would i see much loss in biofuel production? I assume the wheat farm doesnt need soil like its old version?

As someone thats gone biofuel before. I have to say wheat or sugercane. Both have a low return but can be automated in such a way that you need zero input to them. At that point you can make up for the lost of efficiency with just bigger farms and extra fermenter. If you have Thaumcarft you can automate the wheat farm with a few golems bypassing the need for really anything.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Bees, bees, bees!

I just started a world while having Extra Bees enabled for the first time yesterday. I was never a great fan of the mod, because of the way it screws with non-renewable resources, but I thought that I would at least give it a try before I judged it. And now, there's bees everywhere!

For example, in the plains biome where I built my house, there are 5 marbled hives within a 3x2 chunk area. And that's by far not all hives to be found, just the most ridiculous cluster. For comparison, in the same plains, singular forest hives are more than 10 chunks apart. I've also found six rocky hives while mining before I came across my first diamond, and there are three aquatic hives in the nearby river.

At this point, I have about 10-15 Extra Bees hives for every standard Forestry hive I find. And in all honesty, I find that a little stupid. Is there anything I can do to get a somewhat more sensible spawn frequency? The config file suggests that all hives are already set to minimum...

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps file a bugreport? Might be something that's 'off' in the latest version. Marble hives tend to be rather common but in my quarry age I only found about 3 rocky hives in 6 64x64 quarries. Don't forget that they're not supposed to be rare.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Bees, bees, bees!

I just started a world while having Extra Bees enabled for the first time yesterday. I was never a great fan of the mod, because of the way it screws with non-renewable resources, but I thought that I would at least give it a try before I judged it. And now, there's bees everywhere!

For example, in the plains biome where I built my house, there are 5 marbled hives within a 3x2 chunk area. And that's by far not all hives to be found, just the most ridiculous cluster. For comparison, in the same plains, singular forest hives are more than 10 chunks apart. I've also found six rocky hives while mining before I came across my first diamond, and there are three aquatic hives in the nearby river.

At this point, I have about 10-15 Extra Bees hives for every standard Forestry hive I find. And in all honesty, I find that a little stupid. Is there anything I can do to get a somewhat more sensible spawn frequency? The config file suggests that all hives are already set to minimum...

Be glad you find a lot of rocky bees man :p, it's the best bee just inject it with the species serum you want, max fertility and fast producer and there you go a power bee.