Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Need help with Logistic Pipes.
I am using Drawers for storage. Now I want to create a glass generator that stops supplieng more when I reach lets say 3 stacks.
How can I control this with logistics Pipes? I think the Supplier- Pipe is the one to go, but I cant make it work.
Not sure if me, or supplier upgrade+ drawer controler not working

Edit: basicly its a AE Level Emitter but with LP
Supplier pipe/module in chassis on the drawer controller. Set it to supply 3 stacks. It shouldn't self feed. (You prob don't want to put it on the drawer itself as it'd try to self-feed i think)

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Supplier pipe/module in chassis on the drawer controller. Set it to supply 3 stacks. It shouldn't self feed. (You prob don't want to put it on the drawer itself as it'd try to self-feed i think)

And on the other end? A crafting pipe that do craft glass?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Can you catch them using a safari net/soul vial?(or however the item from enderio made out of quite clear/fused quartz(can't remember which one) + soularium)
Well, I know it's actually possible to contain dragons in Vanilla, using a bunch of pistons attached to fast clocks. The dragon tries to fly out of the cage, but gets pushed back into the middle of the cage by the pistons before it can destroy anything.

However, getting the dragon into one of those cages without it just destroying everything is quite difficult. I've never seen it done- all I have seen is a short clip in a Panda4994 Youtube video showing a living dragon trapped in such a cage. That clip, if I remember correctly, was in the video where he showed off his insanely fast enderdragon-based XP farm, which only requires containing a dying dragon, which is much easier.

That said, I think the way to do it in modded MC would be to try to ensnare the dragon using some kind of force fields. Blocks alone likely won't affect the dragon at all- even if it can't destroy warded stone, say, it would probably just phase through it. After all, the dragon can't destroy endstone or obsidian, yet that doesn't keep it from flying through them in the End.

You'd want to have one containment field to capture and, well, contain the dragons, as well as a smaller repulsive field to keep them from damaging any of the field generators. And then that leaves the problem of how to automatically kill them... RotaryCraft turrets or heat rays, maybe?

Draconium ore? Why not Draconium Blocks or Charged Draconium blocks? If Primal Mana has a dimlet it would definetly work in an world made of Draconium Blocks. Anyway that world looks awesome
If there's no dimlets for Railcraft or Botania metal blocks, I doubt that there would be any for draconium blocks, either. There do seem to be dimlets for every single ore available, though, so I figure draconium ore would probably work, too.

Primal Mana definitely does have a dimlet, though. What does it do to draconium blocks?

Oh shit, son! Reading the code, RotaryCraf'ts containment field can contain a dragon! It needs 2MW of power to do it, but you could contain them! Now, if there were a way to spawn them, then you'd be set...
They spawn naturally when there's less then four or five of them in the dimension, and they like to hang around the dimension spawn point. So you'd just need to set up an interdiction field inside a larger containment field (if you can actually set the ranges of those things; I haven't read the book recently enough to remember), hang out in the center, and let them come to you.

Also, it'd probably be a good idea to set all of that up well above or below ground level. Don't want those portals to destroy your machines, after all.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
You can't set the range of the RoC containment field directly, but you essentially do so by providing it with a given amount of power.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
You can't set the range of the RoC containment field directly, but you essentially do so by providing it with a given amount of power.
Only kind of though, as to contain a dragon you need at least 2MiW of power as mentioned previously, and that is a range of 242 blocks based off a quick calc, the 0.5MiW for the wither is 50 blocks as an aside. The max range by default is 128 blocks for reference, so with default configs the power to contain a dragon also forces it to max range giving you no control.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Only kind of though, as to contain a dragon you need at least 2MiW of power as mentioned previously, and that is a range of 242 blocks based off a quick calc, the 0.5MiW for the wither is 50 blocks as an aside. The max range by default is 128 blocks for reference, so with default configs the power to contain a dragon also forces it to max range giving you no control.
Hm. So, rather than two concentric fields of different sizes, you'd need to place the interdiction field generator somewhere, and the containment field generator about 100 blocks away. Incendentally, that'd make it easier to set up your dragon-killers, since they'd all need to face in the same direction.

Out of curiosity, does anyone have the maximum range of RoC's various turrets (railgun, etc.) on hand?

@Someone Else 37 primal mana is purple, Draconiuk Blocks are purple. You would make a fancy purple age
Ah, I see. I know that Primal Mana does a bunch of random stuff to things that come in contact with it (such as turning lead into silver, for instance); I didn't know if it did anything with draconium.

A dimension with purple land, purple water, and purple-eyed dragons...

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Hm. So, rather than two concentric fields of different sizes, you'd need to place the interdiction field generator somewhere, and the containment field generator about 100 blocks away. Incendentally, that'd make it easier to set up your dragon-killers, since they'd all need to face in the same direction.

Out of curiosity, does anyone have the maximum range of RoC's various turrets (railgun, etc.) on hand?

Ah, I see. I know that Primal Mana does a bunch of random stuff to things that come in contact with it (such as turning lead into silver, for instance); I didn't know if it did anything with draconium.

A dimension with purple land, purple water, and purple-eyed dragons...
Add a purple sky, purple fog and purple sun and you've got a purple-ceptiom

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Railgun is 164 blocks, sonic weapon is configurable and defaults to 128 blocks, arrow gun is 10+2*log2(torque+1), laser gun is 256 blocks, freeze gun is 64 blocks, AA gun is 128 blocks, and air gun is 10+2*log2(torque+1) from a quick peek at the source.
A quick look at the source indicates it turns dirt to grass, coarse dirt to podzol, glass to sand, lapis ore to lapis blocks, lead into gold, and silver into mithril, it also seems to turn double slabs into their alternate form? So double stone slabs into smooth double stone slabs? Not really sure what to think on that.

The most notable one is silver -> mithril, at least for infinity expert, so many people I've seen seem to treat the MFR laser drill thing as the main method of getting mana infused metal.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Railgun is 164 blocks, sonic weapon is configurable and defaults to 128 blocks, arrow gun is 10+2*log2(torque+1), laser gun is 256 blocks, freeze gun is 64 blocks, AA gun is 128 blocks, and air gun is 10+2*log2(torque+1) from a quick peek at the source.

A quick look at the source indicates it turns dirt to grass, coarse dirt to podzol, glass to sand, lapis ore to lapis blocks, lead into gold, and silver into mithril, it also seems to turn double slabs into their alternate form? So double stone slabs into smooth double stone slabs? Not really sure what to think on that.

The most notable one is silver -> mithril, at least for infinity expert, so many people I've seen seem to treat the MFR laser drill thing as the main method of getting mana infused metal.
Does this mean that it will turn lead into mithril by going this way: lead->silver->mithril?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I see. So if we're dealing with a 128-block-radius containment field, everything but the freeze gun could cover the entire volume if placed at the center. The arrow and air guns would need 2^59 ~= 10^18 Nm if my math is correct. I guess that's doable with a crapton of torque gears if they're OK running at speeds measured in nanoradians.

I sorta feel like the way to run this would be to use a fission reactor and use the waste products to make railgun rounds. Put that depleted uranium to good use.

Unless the power cost for the dimension itself is just too high for fission to keep up, in which case use fusion and something that doesn't require fuel. Laser gun sounds attractive, but since its range is double most everything else (and that of the field itself), you'd have four times as much area to cover if you want to collect any drops.

Hm. I guess I misremembered that and associated lead with silver because they are often found together in galena.
(that's also why Factorization gives both metals from the same ore, and why Thermal Foundation silver veins also are frequently config'd to contain lead as well.)

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I did assume you had a crafting pipe or module to craft glass.

Well I did set this up now. Works fine for the moment. Had to replace pipes on the controller since it did just produced infinite glass not the 3 stacks I did said him. But now it works fine.
Only problem I have with that is that it is not expendable for other stuff. Max is the number of suppliermodules I can put into the MK5 Pipe that is conected with the Controller.
If you conect others to a slave to expend it. It pulls items out of the drawers to insert it again :(
But I think it should be ok. I wont have that many stuff that I need to automize this way.

Now I´m one step further and I´m autocrafting Gears with Smeltery and chipsets with Assembly tables.
I did hock up a mk5 Chasis to a assambly table and each crafting module in there has one chipset(redstone chipset is done in a other table)
So I can request it and it crafts it. Also assembly table outputs into the Chasis, but it will not be placed into the request table. Instead it goes into the default route chest.
This makes it still wait for the chipset since the request is not fullfit.
What am I doing wrong.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Well I did set this up now. Works fine for the moment. Had to replace pipes on the controller since it did just produced infinite glass not the 3 stacks I did said him. But now it works fine.
Only problem I have with that is that it is not expendable for other stuff. Max is the number of suppliermodules I can put into the MK5 Pipe that is conected with the Controller.
If you conect others to a slave to expend it. It pulls items out of the drawers to insert it again :(
But I think it should be ok. I wont have that many stuff that I need to automize this way.

Now I´m one step further and I´m autocrafting Gears with Smeltery and chipsets with Assembly tables.
I did hock up a mk5 Chasis to a assambly table and each crafting module in there has one chipset(redstone chipset is done in a other table)
So I can request it and it crafts it. Also assembly table outputs into the Chasis, but it will not be placed into the request table. Instead it goes into the default route chest.
This makes it still wait for the chipset since the request is not fullfit.
What am I doing wrong.
I think, in order for Logistics Pipes crafting to work, the product has to be actively pulled out of some inventory by the crafting pipe. If the assembly table pushes its products into the crafting pipe (or any other pipe), it won't be registered, so you'll have to put the products into a chest with the crafting pipe attached.

Reactions: Dentvar

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything that turns into silver?
No, primal mana's only transmutations are lead -> gold and silver -> mithril.
I sorta feel like the way to run this would be to use a fission reactor and use the waste products to make railgun rounds. Put that depleted uranium to good use.
Aren't railgun rounds produced in ludicrous numbers with only vanilla resources? Why would you need the reactorcraft recipe? Just channel tons of wood and stone in and you should get thousands as is.
Yeah as mentioned, the crating pipe/modules have to pull the item out themselves for it to count, the solution I used was a series of chests adjacent to the tables and having those pulled from into another chest which I connected the chassis to. That works because the BC outputing for assembly tables is a random adjacent inventory first, a random thing that can be inserted into second, and just spewing it into the air third.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
For assembly tables - i use a sattlite pipe and crafting module on a chassis on the adjacent chest. Really simple XD

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I'm trying to find a simple solution to my Vis Crystal storage issue.

I've got crystalizers set up (I'm still manually placing jars below them) and a Botania Hopperhock to collect the crystals made. Putting them into a diamond chest is fine, but the crystals seem to have an issue with auto-sorting. I middle click to sort the chest and it just seems to scramble them, and make multiple stacks of less than 64.

I've tried a Filing Cabinet, and that "sort of" works, it keeps the crystals in groups, but it can't keep more than one max stack of an item (so if I have the max Ordo Crystal it can hold, any extra Ordo Crystal won't get picked up).

Any suggestions?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Personally i think this is where an me chest shines. Also the crystaliser does auto output to inventories adjacent to it's "top". Otherwise, a bank of storage drawers (piping into a controller) or barrels (with an item sporting system) should also do the trick.