Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I only want to produce as much coke or steel as I need. I want to have the need to craft more because of how I've designed the system. Taking inspiration from Ethos and his modded series, I wanted to make something cool to watch when active. I designed the coke ovens and furnaces in a way that make them look bigger, and using Carpenters Blocks and Chisel, I've made it look as if they have exhaust pipes coming out of the top and up into my factory. When steel or coke is crafting, a redstone signal is sent out to the corresponding smokestack and drawbridges covering Railcraft smokers are retracted, giving the illusion that the ovens are creating smoke out of the top of the factory.

Essentially I want an excuse to see the smokestacks working, and thus I want to only craft coke or steel when needed (which isn't even that often, now that I've built most Immersive Engineering machines).

Here's showing what I've done:

http://imgur.com/a/MYcsD

Also a quick question about how the forum works. I tried just now using the image button but my images won't actually work. Any idea how to post pics properly? They appear like this:

90RZOqs
Put a .png after the URL you copy over form Imgur. Like this:
W83MSV5.png

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/W83MSV5.png[/IMG]
At least, that's how you can do it for single images. For images that are part of an album, you can right-click the image and tell your browser to open it in a new tab to get the actual image URL.

Alternatively, you can upload your screenshots to the forum directly. You can then either attach them as a thumbnail, or insert the full image.

Also, don't those smoker blocks respond to redstone? I know the ones from Twilight Forest do...

Reactions: Type1Ninja

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Is there a way to store lots of pattern from AE2 into one multi-block device? Having to make tons of interfaces is getting tedious.

I would have suggested that the AE1 Molecular Assembly Chamber be made into a tiered structure where each progressive tier would cost much more than the last AND have a set limited size. To further add balance, only a certain number of them could be made per system and per world.

http://ftbwiki.org/ME_Auto_Crafting

Is your ME Autocrafting set up in a manner similar to this ftbwiki page above? If not, can you please post pics of how you have yours set up? I personally haven't dabbled in ME Autocrafting so I can't really say what the most efficient AE2 pattern storage would be. You need one interface for each block the system has to process a specific item in, and therefore you need to set up whatever ME network will handle having everything autocraftable.

it does not currently appear that there is some more efficient way of handling large amounts of pattern storage, the AE2 mod developer might be working on this. I can't say for sure, though. It's possible AE2 add-ones for the Minecraft version you're using can help to fill the gap in the meantime. If not, you're just going to have to work out the most efficient layout possible with what's available, until something better comes along.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Anyone have a problem with Thermalilies not generation mana? I'm playing Infinity Evolved and have Botania r1.8-243 and they are not making mana when fed lava.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Any know of an easy way of detecting if there are dropped items nearby and emit a redstone signal?
And I don't mean a Pressure plate :p

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Tripwire?

A hopperhock feeding into a chest and then detecting it using a comparator?
Really need something that detects the dropped items(from a few blocks away) without disturbing them, and just emit a redstone signal if there are items present.

Could really use it for several Botania setups as well as AE2 crystal growth accelerators.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Really need something that detects the dropped items(from a few blocks away) without disturbing them, and just emit a redstone signal if there are items present.

Could really use it for several Botania setups as well as AE2 crystal growth accelerators.
Hmm, I've never actually needed this (aside from using vanilla pressure plates for endoflames). The only way I can think of off the top of my head is Steve's Factory Manager, but it's range is literally the block in front, and does need programming (for the redstone signal you'll need at least 3 blocks, the item valve, redstone port thing and the manager itself).

I've never needed such a thing myself for botaina, and I've made an attempt at automating most of the generating flowers.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
@rhn it sound like you just need to use the basic pressure plate. They will admit a redstone signal when an item is on it.
No I don't. I even specified that I don't mean a Pressure plate. I am looking for something that can detect items from a range. And for the Crystal growth setup it needs to detect the items in a pool of water.

Hmm, I've never actually needed this (aside from using vanilla pressure plates for endoflames). The only way I can think of off the top of my head is Steve's Factory Manager, but it's range is literally the block in front, and does need programming (for the redstone signal you'll need at least 3 blocks, the item valve, redstone port thing and the manager itself).

I've never needed such a thing myself for botaina, and I've made an attempt at automating most of the generating flowers.
Doesnt sound like it will help me a lot :(
And I am sure I can make it without it. I just like to automate things a little smarter, and this would help a bit on certain things.

(personally hate this aversion to GUIs and inventories... makes everything much more annoying to work with)

Reactions: Type1Ninja

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Does the random things entity detector have a item mode? Can't test it myself now and Google is failing me.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Does the random things entity detector have a item mode? Can't test it myself now and Google is failing me.
You know, I think it might have had. But for some mind boggling reason the Entity Detector is not in the 1.7.10 version of the mod...

Best item of the mod... :( It is rather like making Factorization without the Router. Oh wait...

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Is there anything in Infinity Evolved that can measure the liquid contents of a machine and emit a signal if it's empty? Also, is there anything that will emit a signal when a tank is totally full?

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to remember which thaumcraft addon allows you to make the Monoliths that take you to the Eldritch. Some Skyblock modpacks use it but I can't remember what it is.

It might be Horizons? I dunno.

Any ideas?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
No I don't. I even specified that I don't mean a Pressure plate. I am looking for something that can detect items from a range. And for the Crystal growth setup it needs to detect the items in a pool of water.

Doesnt sound like it will help me a lot :(
And I am sure I can make it without it. I just like to automate things a little smarter, and this would help a bit on certain things.

(personally hate this aversion to GUIs and inventories... makes everything much more annoying to work with)
For Crystal Growth Accelerators, at least, you could fake it by using the feature in AE2 where a Level Emitter with a Crafting Card in it will emit a signal when your system is trying to craft the specified item. Turn on the accelerators while you're growing crystals; turn them off then the finished product (picked up by a nearby Hopperhock or something) goes back into your ME system.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
FTB Infinity Evolved Expert Mode question.

Does the peaceful table recognize TiCo swords? Reading the Wiki ( http://ftbwiki.org/Peaceful_Table ) it says the table need a chest next to it with a sword in it to work. The sword will take durability damage as it would if you were fighting the mob it "kills". Making the vanilla swords would be useless, as they have 1 durability. I've put a TiCo Rapier in the chest next to my table (lucked out with an ender pearl in a chest in a village, and a wheat trade) and nothing is happening.