Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
FTB Infinity Evolved Expert Mode question.

Does the peaceful table recognize TiCo swords? Reading the Wiki ( http://ftbwiki.org/Peaceful_Table ) it says the table need a chest next to it with a sword in it to work. The sword will take durability damage as it would if you were fighting the mob it "kills". Making the vanilla swords would be useless, as they have 1 durability. I've put a TiCo Rapier in the chest next to my table (lucked out with an ender pearl in a chest in a village, and a wheat trade) and nothing is happening.
u also need to be in the difficulty setting peaceful if u are in any other difficulty other then peaceful (easy,normal,hard) the table will not work

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
For Crystal Growth Accelerators, at least, you could fake it by using the feature in AE2 where a Level Emitter with a Crafting Card in it will emit a signal when your system is trying to craft the specified item. Turn on the accelerators while you're growing crystals; turn them off then the finished product (picked up by a nearby Hopperhock or something) goes back into your ME system.
Yeah I know. But that requires 4 extra channels.
I can just use a timer(State Cell) to measure when the seeds enter and let it toggle the accelerators on/off. But was hoping for a cleaner option(run when dropped items were detected).

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
u also need to be in the difficulty setting peaceful if u are in any other difficulty other then peaceful (easy,normal,hard) the table will not work

I am in peaceful mode. Damn. I tried to be as explicit in detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

artubi

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Infinity Evolved Expert Mode question.

Does the peaceful table recognize TiCo swords? Reading the Wiki ( http://ftbwiki.org/Peaceful_Table ) it says the table need a chest next to it with a sword in it to work. The sword will take durability damage as it would if you were fighting the mob it "kills". Making the vanilla swords would be useless, as they have 1 durability. I've put a TiCo Rapier in the chest next to my table (lucked out with an ender pearl in a chest in a village, and a wheat trade) and nothing is happening.
1. No, you cannot use TiCo swords, they will not work, however there is atleast 25 different swords that can be used
-> however, some of them seems to have removed recipe i.e. thermal foundation swords
2. Yes, it will take durability from the sword and give you same loot as if player killed the mob
-> that means if you enchant the sword with unbreaking, it will last longer
-> adding looting enchant to sword will give you better loot

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Since Botania 's update r1.8-238, my thermalilies now consume all lava given to them even when in a cooldown state. Does anyone have any idea how to make a good farm for them now that's compact?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Since Botania 's update r1.8-238, my thermalilies now consume all lava given to them even when in a cooldown state. Does anyone have any idea how to make a good farm for them now that's compact?
Use a Timer to deploy a block of lava?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
It's all about timing. Having them have a constant lava source will mean no mana gen at all after the first bit of mana. They are now a bit like the gourmaryliss in that they always eat lava even if they don't need it, except this also extends the cooldown time. You want to give them a single bucket of lava each time they come off cooldown.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Multiple deployers is not an option as I find it's increasing my lag. It's a 5 Minute cooldown or is it more?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I don't tend to use the Thermalily myself as i'm not fond of lava power too much. I don't recall the cd off top of head, but 5 mins sounds about right (5 soul sand in a hovering hourglass, or 6 if you wanna be safe) Alternatively 50-60 red sand.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
A BC Floodgate can be controlled by redstone signals. Should be resonably simple to set up a trench for it to fill with lava and then toggle it on and off with some redstone circuitry.

Reactions: rouge_bare

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
1. No, you cannot use TiCo swords, they will not work, however there is atleast 25 different swords that can be used
-> however, some of them seems to have removed recipe i.e. thermal foundation swords
2. Yes, it will take durability from the sword and give you same loot as if player killed the mob
-> that means if you enchant the sword with unbreaking, it will last longer
-> adding looting enchant to sword will give you better loot

So then. Any suggestions for someone starting out on expert mode? Unless my NEI skills are lacking, there are no swords that you can use in peaceful to get started. Most are a bit down some tec trees that need mob drops to get to..

Help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

artubi

Jul 29, 2019
So then. Any suggestions for someone starting out on expert mode? Unless my NEI skills are lacking, there are no swords that you can use in peaceful to get started. Most are a bit down some tec trees that need mob drops to get to..
Help?
I didn't know that wood / stone sword cannot be crafted in expert mode. This would be easier with them.

I have some ideas however, you might want to wait a little before you use it.

Breakable swords
Idea #1 - Nether Quartz Swords (AE2)
- alternatively, if you find Bloodwood tree in Nether, you can create Bloodwood sword which has better durability (350) and attack damage (+7)
- you'll have to get obsidian, either mine in somewhere underground (or if you find pool of lava on the ground and have water bucket, use use it to create it) or create Igneous Extruder, select obsidian and fill it with lava and water
- create nether portal and go to nether
- mine some Nether Quartz
- craft some Nether Quartz swords from AE2 (+6 attack damage, 250 durability created by 2 pieces of Nether Quartz and stick)
- create this:
fLqeklb.png

( you will need: 3 chests, 2 transfer nodes (items), filter, Rationing or Hyper Rationing Pipe
for filter: look up how to make it inverted and fuzzy for medatada and nbt and place Nether Quartz sword into it (this way any Nether Quartz Sword will be blacklisted and transfer node will not move it)
chests:
1. leave it empty
2. place all Nether Quartz Swords in it
3. mob loot will be transfered here so that
transfer nodes:
1. put Rationing or Hyper Rationing Pipe into one of the 6 upgrade slots
2. place the filter here - does have to be inverted and fuzzy (for metadata and nbt) and contain Nether Quartz sword)

Swords from chest n.2 will go to chest n.1. Hyper / Rationing pipe in transfer node n.1 does allow only 1 stack to be transfered so if there is exactly same sword, it wont transfer any more of them (this way it won't fill chest n.1 with swords). As soon as mob is killed there won't be exactly same sword as in transfer node so it'll put a new sword into chest n.1. Now you'll have 2 swords in it. One is being used while second one is waiting to its turn. As soon as the first one break, the second one will be used. As soon as the second one get used, transfer node n.1 will place another sword into it. This will work until there is no swords in chest n.2. Transfer node n.2 will be moving everything that isn't Nether Quartz sword into chest n.3 so that it can work without getting cluttered with mob drops.

Later when you'll get better sword you can get rid of the chest n.2 and transfer node n.1. Also don't forget do add it into filter in transfer node n.2.

Idea #2 - The Ender (Ender IO)
The Ender
- +6 attack damage, 1561 durability, can be repaired / enchanted / upgraded
- can be crafted with Dark Steel Iron
- can be found in Dungeon, Mineshaft, Blacksmith, Desert Temple
- or you can find Dark Steel in Dungeon, Blacksmith

Unbreakable swords
Idea #3 - Flux-Infused Sword (Redstone Arsenal)
- its durability is replaced with energy charge
- 16000 RF (16kRF) charge
- Normal mode: +8 attack damage +1 Flux damage, 200 RF per use
- Empovered mode: +8 attack damage +4 Flux damage, 800 RF per use
- I don't know whether this is feature, oversight or exploit but it seem to be working even if it's discharged

Idea #4 - Etheric Sword (Extra Utilities)
- +6 attack damage, infinite durability (shows 1561 thought), can be enchanted
I you get lucky during your exploration, you can find Division sigil (or get it after defeating Wither) . Activate it through ritual. Now it can create "Unstable Ingots" (that will blow up after 10 seconds or after closing crafting GUI, also you need vanilla crafting bench) and with these, you can create Etheric Sword.
There are 3 other swords that I know are unbreakable (Kikoku, Awakened / Ichorium Sword) but the are more like end game stuff.

If you go with idea #1 / #2 (crafting it) / #3 route, you might need some resources for preparation while ideas #2 (during exploring) and #4 (Division Sigil) are pure luck.

artubi

Jul 29, 2019
Where are the custom Minetweaker scripts from FTB Infinity Evolved? I have a couple recipes I want to tweak.
Go to the folder that is listed as install folder (in FTB launcher > options > "Install folder..." "location") and then:
(expert mode)
FTBInfinity > minecraft > modpack > expert > scripts
(normal mode)
FTBInfinity > minecraft > modpack > normal > scripts
(not sure if this does anything)
FTBInfinity > minecraft > scripts

sealedinterface

Jul 29, 2019
Go to the folder that is listed as install folder (in FTB launcher > options > "Install folder..." "location") and then:
(expert mode)
FTBInfinity > minecraft > modpack > expert > scripts
(normal mode)
FTBInfinity > minecraft > modpack > normal > scripts
(not sure if this does anything)
FTBInfinity > minecraft > scripts
Thanks! That's exactly what I needed.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
When we want to blacklist stuff out of our mob grinder setups (I'm using Ender IO Item Conduit), do we need to add each individual armor piece, or is there a way to just blacklist ALL chestplates and ALL boots, for instance?

Right now I have filters set up for the following armor sets: Leather, Iron, Gold, Chain - 4 items per set, times 4 sets equals 16 items I need to blacklist which is just too many. The Advanced Filters only have slots for 10 items, so I have to use 2 different connections to my trash can. Then we have to add iron swords, iron shovels, etc etc. The list of stuff being sent to trash is almost as long as the list of stuff being sent to my wall of Drawers!! It borders on the ridiculous sometimes and I'm wondering if there's a better way to filter all that stuff?

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
A BC Floodgate can be controlled by redstone signals. Should be resonably simple to set up a trench for it to fill with lava and then toggle it on and off with some redstone circuitry.

But the problem is one lily, one lava source. The first block is immediately eaten by the first lily and it's an endless cycle.

Not to mention the lag from the redstone if I set up a big farm.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
But the problem is one lily, one lava source. The first block is immediately eaten by the first lily and it's an endless cycle.
I dont have an instance with the version that constantly draws lava, so cannot test its mechanics out. But you could use 4 sides of a flood gate, so it should be possible to have it support 4 lilies. Though there might be some lava waste with it placing lava twice somewhere before filling all 4 slots. That might require some testing and tweaking of the activation length.

Not to mention the lag from the redstone if I set up a big farm.
lol whut? 1x Timer, 1xState Cell, 1x NOT gate and some wire will lag out your computer? If so then don't even bother trying to set up botania systems lol.