Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Longer=more goodies
shorter=more bees which, in the long run=more goodies

That's up to you. If you have the infrastructure to support all the bees, like the apiaries and frames, then go for the short lifespan through frames until you get enough drones in each apiary. Then go for a long lifespan, which I do hope you already had bred onto the bees in the first place.

Schpoon

Jul 29, 2019
I have a full 36HP boiler and plan to have the max (18) steam engines running off it. Just wondering, how many magma crucibles, igneous extractors i need to see it go to full use?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Magma crucibles need 30 mj/t
144 mj/t from 18 steam engines
so...4?

I think it's 30MJ/t for max. speed, which means with only four you are using 120MJ/t, which then means that 24MJ/t is going to waste. Instead, I'd think it'd make more sense to run five, but only if they'll be able to run (just slower) to make use of that extra power.

Schpoon

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's 30MJ/t for max. speed, which means with only four you are using 120MJ/t, which then means that 24MJ/t is going to waste. Instead, I'd think it'd make more sense to run five, but only if they'll be able to run (just slower) to make use of that extra power.
Would 1 igneous extruder be enough for 5? Or should i add a 2nd?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Would 1 igneous extruder be enough for 5? Or should i add a 2nd?

I am not sure, but I'd say build one first, then build five crucibles, and make sure that they all work properly. If the system then starts making more cobblestone than it loses, you are good to go. If, instead, it is unable to keep all five cobblestoned, add another. They work for free, so more of then won't hurt, but you are going to need to make sure that you have a place for them to go or it'll just spew all over the place.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Last I checked, magma crucibles were still capped at 20 MJ/t. Did this change in a recent update?

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
Hey All,

So Copper cable 4 down then a LV etc
Fibre Optic 20 down then a HV
What about Redstone Tubes? How many till signal dosnt carry?

Annoyed I have to make more Timers it seems.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
You can have up to 39 segments of glass fibre cable without energy loss. Redstone tube carry signal depending on its initial strength (just like redstone), but redpower gets stronger signal from direct sources, by default it is 1000.

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
You can have up to 39 segments of glass fibre cable (am sure this use to be 20, 39 now Cool) without energy loss. Redstone tube carry signal depending on its initial strength (just like redstone), but redpower gets stronger signal from direct sources, by default it is 1000.

Hmm Ok! Then I must have a Bug? Because I am well under 1000. maybe it's dependant on the amount of machines it's running?
9x9x3 Chicken farm with say 12x transposer's hooked up to Redstone Tube and I need more than two Redstone signals? Maybe it's just my layout but I would have thought Two Timers running 6x Transposers each, would have been enough.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Be precise in the naming of items. I have a feeling that you are confusing redstone tubes and redstone conduits. Redstone tubes are pneumatic tubes from Redpower which can transport items, and transmit a redstone signal. A redstone signal is not a source of power, it is just a signal to turn machines on or off. You can't have "more" or "less" signals, there either is a signal or there isn't one. Redstone conduits are from Thermal Expansion and transport BC power to machines. Transposers don't need any power at all, they just need a signal to activate. Which ones are you trying to use?

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm Ok! Then I must have a Bug? Because I am well under 1000. maybe it's dependant on the amount of machines it's running?
9x9x3 Chicken farm with say 12x transposer's hooked up to Redstone Tube and I need more than two Redstone signals? Maybe it's just my layout but I would have thought Two Timers running 6x Transposers each, would have been enough.

Sorry, I remembered that there was a config option in 1.2.5 and the config option that I found was apparently for number of frames. Initial signal from source in RP2 redstone is 255. Remember that if you power RP2 redstone through normal redstone dust that your power will be then limited by it to maximum 15 blocks.

It doesn't matter how many transposers are powered, only that they will get redstone pulse to transport items.

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
I have seen a bunch of "hacked" clients out there on the net which can give the player alot of benefits (x-ray etc. etc.)

Can I as a server admin protect my server against users who uses this kind of clients?
For x-ray there is a mod that alerts you when specified resources are found. Set it to diamonds and when you see people hitting pockets of diamond one after another you can tp to them and see that they are mining straight for the veins every time.

Westingham

Jul 29, 2019
OD Scanner and OV Scanner state they work in a 5x5 or 9x9 area. Is that five/nine blocks in width total or five/nine blocks from the miner in each direction?

David Chambers

Jul 29, 2019
What exactly is the point of a canning machine for food? For example, if I put a piece of steak I I get a can that gives 4 hungar bars. Just the same as a normal piece of steak. What's the point? Is it just leftover from when food didn't stack?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
What exactly is the point of a canning machine for food? For example, if I put a piece of steak I I get a can that gives 4 hungar bars. Just the same as a normal piece of steak. What's the point? Is it just leftover from when food didn't stack?

Canned food works with the quantum helmet's automatic hunger removal system, I believe.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Very much a leftover, yes. One (pretty trivial) advantage is that you can potentially stack food coming from different sources. You also remove negative effects from, for example, zombie flesh.

Reactions: Guswut

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Each can also restores one heart of health instantly when eaten, so it helps to cut down on healing time and keep your health bar topped off.

Reactions: Guswut