Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
What makes it difficult to abuse is how insanely rare Mystcraft pages are now. I've scanned a 10 km square block, found 20 villages. Not a single page or trading villager.

Make a breeding pod... Cart out all of the mystcraft vilagers to your dungeon holding pen of choice.

Reactions: Guswut

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Can you make pipes travel alongside each other without Automatic joining?

You can if one pipe is a cobblestone pipe, and the other pipe is a stone pipe. They have been feuding for centuries, and will never willingly join unless a sandstone pipe is there to assist.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
You can if one pipe is a cobblestone pipe, and the other pipe is a stone pipe. They have been feuding for centuries, and will never willingly join unless a sandstone pipe is there to assist.

I believe you can use the BC covers.... um... Facades.

I might be wrong because I dont use BC pipes for any long range transit and use Tubes instead.

tyler f

Jul 29, 2019
How can you make an effective endermen shard if they just port everywhere when you turn it on?

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
How can you make an effective endermen shard if they just port everywhere when you turn it on?

Long drop trap so they die instantly or quicksand (which they won't port out of). YOu could also make it so they don't have anywhere to port to, but that's a lot easier in The End than in the overworld.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019

I might be wrong because I dont use BC pipes for any long range transit and use Tubes instead.
Pipes will connect through facades as if it was a hollow cover.

I assume endermen trap, not a shard. Make a drop trap 44+ blocks tall, they will die instantly on impact.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019

As Abdiel said, façades are merely that: a façade. Unlike RP2 covers, they won't block connections. It'd be great if there were some façades that WOULD block connections, as that'd make extra-compact piping easier and more awesome.

Reactions: Whovian

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
To some degree you can use iron pipes, although they connect they will not allow items to pass from one pipeline to another if you set them up. But the piping gets very messy very fast.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
To some degree you can use iron pipes, although they connect they will not allow items to pass from one pipeline to another if you set them up. But the piping gets very messy very fast.

Iron pipes will sometimes work in places to solve that issue, but more often than not I run into an issue that cannot be solved by them. Actually, a reverse iron pipe would be useful in those situations (one input accepted, the rest are outputs). And a diamond pipe could likely work in those situations as well, but it is usually easier to just expand the design a bit to give it room to work sans extra turtlification.

Chre903

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a maximum Out/Input for Energy Tesseracts?
I have 2 Boiler with 36 Steam Engine all Connectet to 1 Energy Tesseract. The other Tesseract is conected to a Very Long Energy Line with all my Machines. But i can't run 2 of my Extrabees Machines, there take 125 MJ/t together.
After looking with this weird MJ Meter i saw the Tesseract on my Boilers requests only 100 MJ.

I can handle the 25% lose but when there only output 100 MJ, there are Useless to me :(

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Make a breeding pod... Cart out all of the mystcraft vilagers to your dungeon holding pen of choice.

No. A properly designed breeding pod is an absurd device based on absurd mechanics with absurd requirements. It is offensive and bizarre and arbitrary. It's everything modded minecraft isn't supposed to be.

Reactions: Katrinya and Saice

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
You can have multiple input tesseracts and multiple output tesseracts all set to the same frequency.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Is there a maximum Out/Input for Energy Tesseracts?
I have 2 Boiler with 36 Steam Engine all Connectet to 1 Energy Tesseract. The other Tesseract is conected to a Very Long Energy Line with all my Machines. But i can't run 2 of my Extrabees Machines, there take 125 MJ/t together.
After looking with this weird MJ Meter i saw the Tesseract on my Boilers requests only 100 MJ.

I can handle the 25% lose but when there only output 100 MJ, there are Useless to me :(
Energy tesseracts are capped at 100 MJ/t, but frequencies aren't. Four sending tesseracts and three receiving tesseracts will accept 400 MJ/t, eat 100 MJ/t, and output 300 MJ/t on the other side.

Spachi1281

Jul 29, 2019
I've got my own question: How the heck do people deal with water pools when using a quarry? Usually, I end up hitting at least one underground pool which floods my quarry area, and when I come to deal with my quarry I've got to do one of a few things:

• Use blocks to kill the water blocks.
  • Drop lava on it from the top to remove the water blocks
  • Use a Wand of Cooling to remove the water blocks
In turn, this ends up causing a LARGE amount of water updates and massive lag (thankfully it is in an age). Is there some sort of simple way I've overlooked? Maybe a buildcraft pump (still going to lag, though, darn it)? Anyone? Please? Heheh, thanks!

Previously I would have flown around (go jetpack) and removed the source blocks but BC pump to void waterpoof transport pipe is now what I use. You might have to move the pump around if you start draining from a corner.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Previously I would have flown around (go jetpack) and removed the source blocks but BC pump to void waterpoof transport pipe is now what I use. You might have to move the pump around if you start draining from a corner.

And just run it at the end of the quarry after the entire thing has filled up with water blocks (be them source from underground pools or running water from the first water block you place)? That may work, and I should be able to automate that, too. I'll test it out. Thanks!

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
No. A properly designed breeding pod is an absurd device based on absurd mechanics with absurd requirements. It is offensive and bizarre and arbitrary. It's everything modded minecraft isn't supposed to be.

I agree... I was just pointing out that the lack of villages does not make Mystcraft any harder then before.

Before. Make a reed farm and a Cow farm.... grind out all symbols in a day... Win
After. Make a breeding pod... Abuse trade mechanics to get all symbols in two days... Win.

This is the man reason I personally hate the idea of using villagers as any sort of mechanic in a mod with the idea it will balance the mod.[DOUBLEPOST=1362085378][/DOUBLEPOST]
Pipes will connect through facades as if it was a hollow cover.

Thanks for that info. While I might not use BC for much I do use it where it does things better and I am slightly addicted to gates. So while I don't foresee myself needing to use facades it is good info to have.

Makin911

Jul 29, 2019
What's the best frame for the distilled bee to produce oil?

And is it better to make it live longer or shorter?