Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Looking for a adventure mode pack!
Im tired of gather and craft for thousands of mods again and again!
Do you know any pack for a real adventure?
Departed, maybe? I haven't played it myself, but I know it's based on Advent of Ascension, which is the successor to Nevermine, used in the DivineRPG pack a while ago.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
What is the preferred method for creating unbreakable tools that work in the farming station these days? IIRC, it used to be making obsidian/paper mattocks with a bunch of obsidian plates, but I'm wondering if there are better ways now. I have ExtraTiC but have no idea how one makes unstable ingot tools using the smeltery. o_O

As someone in the middle (to late) of AS2 and only having used the farming station there I can only give my method - I used flint axes in the tree farm to begin then once I had enough resources swapped to MFR, I was going to automate repair of the axes and then do a crop farming station but by the time I could make a machine that would reliable repair I decided MFR was easier. So the crop farming I just did manually until I got to MFR.

As to the stable tools I did see DW20 do it on a Forgecraft video, I think it was in the middle of Series 7. And I always wait til I have lots of diamonds and make the stable version of the ingot - lots more diamonds .... but safe

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Departed is not for adventure, you lose most of time gathering resources and building...
Well, I don't know what to say then. Take a pack consisting of the newest version of Twilight Forest, your choice of clientside mods (NEI/Craftguide, InventoryTweaks, OPIS/JourneyMap/VoxelMap, etc.), cheat in a diamond, open a portal with it, jump through, and don't return until you've seen what there is to see of the inside of the Final Castle?

Reactions: JunpakuKarasu

Saberwulfy

Jul 29, 2019
You might like my pack Man the Walls, it's on the launcher with pack code manthewalls.
No man, i want a ADVENTURE mod, i want to play a story with begin and end, a story mode like Portal, Bioshock, GTA... No craft and get resources challenges.
Pack devs have a lot of good stories, i want to play a fps, rpg, survival or puzzle games with the minecraft power.
Minecraft adventure mod isn't being used, and people are trying to tell stories with the worst way.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
No man, i want a ADVENTURE mod, i want to play a story with begin and end, a story mode like Portal, Bioshock, GTA... No craft and get resources challenges.
Pack devs have a lot of good stories, i want to play a fps, rpg, survival or puzzle games with the minecraft power.
Minecraft adventure mod isn't being used, and people are trying to tell stories with the worst way.
So what you want is not what is usually referred to as an adventure pack (exploration based), but rather you want a sort of RPG map based pack, such as Tolkiencraft II. That really wasn't clear from your original post.

Saberwulfy

Jul 29, 2019
So what you want is not what is usually referred to as an adventure pack (exploration based), but rather you want a sort of RPG map based pack, such as Tolkiencraft II. That really wasn't clear from your original post.
Adventure is a game mode, there is no adventure packs inside original ftb launcher, 0 packs are non gather and build based. I don't have problems building, but "gather>craft>gather>craft" its not a adventure. All this mods items have some possibilities

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Adventure is a game mode, there is no adventure packs inside original ftb launcher, 0 packs are non gather and build based. I don't have problems building, but "gather>craft>gather>craft" its not a adventure. All this mods items have some possibilities
Yea don't expect to find a modpack that puts you in adventure mode, since it is generally completely unsupported and non-functional with most mods. Never mind the fact that chances are you're probably thinking of 1.8 based maps for the vanilla equivalent, and the way adventure mode works was changed quite drastically between 1.7 and 1.8. Tolkiencraft II really is about as close as you'll find to that style of map.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Simple question: the Molecular Assembler Chamber used to store lots of patterns. What is used to store many patterns at once? The interfaces can only store 9.

Last edited:

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Multiple interfaces, at least if you want them to be functional.

Sorry for being blunt but that's how it is now.

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing with some focus on IC2 (in Dire's pack 1.7). Foolish enough, but, after going through the UU replication process, i got my first three iridium plates and made an iridium drill.

Is there any config for changing the energy requirement of the iridium drill? (<---the actual question of the post)

I originally thought to use to save two inventory spaces (the regular drill and a fortune diamond pickaxe), but i discovered it uses 1000Eu per block, is only a tiny bit faster than the regular diamond drill, and other than having a fortune/silk switch, it's completely impractical for anything.
For reference, the regular drill uses 50eu per block, and the diamond drill, which is a huge step up, is a mighty 80eu per block. the mining laser's low-focus mode is 100eu per shot (which is 1 block) and mines instantly and at range. it has 300 uses before needing to recharge- the pickaxes it was meant to replace have each practically 6,248 uses.

thefnitalian

Jul 29, 2019
He also blatantly ignored the Euclidaisy he JUST finished crafting. >.>

Euclidaisy produces ethereal essences for Botania mana. Easier to automate than the wrath cage, but possibly more expensive if you don't have a good Botania setup.
How much mana does the Asgardandelion produce?

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Can multiple entropinnyums draw mana from the same explosion?
Judging by a DW20 video a while ago, no. A single flower can't absorb multiple explosions, either. It looks to me like each flower "consumes" an explosion, removing it from the world,, so no other flowers can get to it.

Of course, I've never played with Botania, so if someone could verify that it'd be great. :p

Reactions: Azzanine

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Judging by a DW20 video a while ago, no. A single flower can't absorb multiple explosions, either. It looks to me like each flower "consumes" an explosion, removing it from the world,, so no other flowers can get to it.

Of course, I've never played with Botania, so if someone could verify that it'd be great. :p
I can confirm that. One plant eats one explosion.