Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Yes, I did meant Warping. But the question was (and I may have worded it wrongly) does the effect of warp gear fade over time if you don't get more warp? I mean, normal warp gives you all those debuffs, weird messages and effects. But those fade over time and eventually stop completely. Does the same happen with having gear with Warping?
Warp is Warp. It has the same effects regardless of it's source. Warping gear, whilst in use, acts as you using warpy things. Thus this will not stop assuming you don't remove the gear. Once removed it'll start to fade over time as usual, but while in use you will be under the full influence of your warp level (including the Warping effect from the gear).

Reactions: Ashendale

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Ah thank you, though I've already done some experimenting and found that the "priority" setting is quite useful in achieving my goal. Your advice about not setting the planter to consume the stack is useful though.

Keep in mind that EnderIO conduits also have a color-based "Channel System" which can route items to the correct place with all conduit terminations connected with one line. You can use this to route all wheat, for example, on the "Brown channel" while all potatoes use the "White channel" and all carrots use the "Yellow channel". All you have to do is be sure the harvesters/planters for each crop conduit connection is set to the proper color.

I use this feature to configure self-contained tree farms using a single "Color coordinated" item conduit line. Harvest products use the blue line to sort to the appropriate barrel, Saplings to the planter use the green line, wood blocks to my alloy furnace (EnderIO) use the brown line and charcoal goes to the generators and overflow barrel using black.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Warp is Warp. It has the same effects regardless of it's source. Warping gear, whilst in use, acts as you using warpy things. Thus this will not stop assuming you don't remove the gear. Once removed it'll start to fade over time as usual, but while in use you will be under the full influence of your warp level (including the Warping effect from the gear).

Warp is warp? How does permanent/temporary warp happen then? Is it doing some things get you one and something else gives the other? Or is it some percentage of the warp becomes permanent? I thought it depended on what you did but could be wrong.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Warp is warp? How does permanent/temporary warp happen then? Is it doing some things get you one and something else gives the other? Or is it some percentage of the warp becomes permanent? I thought it depended on what you did but could be wrong.
Sorry, I were talking in the context of Warp events happening. That doesn't care about what warp it is (perm, sticky or temp).
Permanent warp can only ever be gained from Research, You cannot remove this warp without op commands.
Sticky warp is gained from both Research and by crafting forbidden items. This warp is removable (slowly) with bath soaps.
Temporary warp is gained my a multitude of sources, most notably from Eating Zombie Brains (which also occasionally gives Sticky), Eldrich Gaurdain attaks or the Runes in the Maze. This warp removes itself over time, but bath soaps will also completely remove it.
Warping gear gives you Extra Warp as long as it's worn. It isn't shown in the sanity meter (to my knowledge), but counts as doing forbidden stuff as long as it's being used. Once removed warp events will tail off as usual.
i want to see ONLY my Botania stuff in me terminal!
Thank you, if you can help me :)
Didn't you ask this earlier? I don't think this is possible, at least easily. There are certainly more than 63 types of things from botania, unless multiple view cells can be used to add on the the amount shown.

Quayludious

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to get the dynamism tablet to right-click a block to simulate just my right-clicking a block with an open hand? I'm trying to use an imperfect ritual stone from bloodmagic to make it night constantly in my void world since becoming a vampire and can't seem to make it work, if its even supposed to.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
i want to see ONLY my Botania stuff in me terminal!
Thank you, if you can help me :)
well for Botania and Thaumcraft I usually make seperate storage systems for this reason, a bunch of jabba barrels with plenty of each petal is fine and then other common materials like living wood and living rock get Jabba barrels and the less common things or tools I just throw in a fence. I made a periodic table of Jabba barrels to hold my Minechem elements and then a few diamond chests are good enough to hold the compounds. So I find it easier to completely seperate mod items and keep them in my designated area instead of running between my ME terminal wiring one there.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Like I said later in the post, a few Diamond Chests and lead chests to hold radioactive elements. I would lock the Barrels with any radioactive elements
Sorry, I missed that. I was too busy thinking about how cool/amusing a "Periodic Table of Jabba" would be. :p

Reactions: jdog1408

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
The second and much easier way is to put ferrous ore and cinnabar into an induction smelter. This produces one shiny ingot as byproduct every time. The problem in turn is finding the cinnabar. I've found that it's best acquired by putting redstone ore in a pulverizer. I also believe (but I'm not entirely sure) that blazes with also drop cinnabar if you have a spawner.

Bingo. The little trick that some people don't seem to know about. :)

There are two issues, both of which easily solved by the same tool - a Tinkers Construct hammer with Silky Touch on it. The silky touch is required so you can obtain the Redstone ore blocks for putting thru your TE Pulverizer... and the hammer is required because Ferrous Ore is rather rare, on a par with finding gold. Just go down to bedrock and start hammering away... don't stop until you've obtained enough Ferrous for your Shiny needs. Pick a direction and just keep hammering. Fun, fun fun! :D

And yes, the latest "trick" is using all that "useless" Thaumcraft Cinnabar along with some Thermal Expansion Gelid Cryotheum to make TE Cinnabar. You can make Gelid now without even having to find one of those rare "Blizz" things, and you will have a ton of left-over redstone from all your pulverizing to make it from.

Basically, once you have silk touch, Shiny ingots are pretty trivial, just put some mining time in down at bedrock level.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, I missed that. I was too busy thinking about how cool/amusing a "Periodic Table of Jabba" would be. :p
Not the best picture but you can see the little progress that I have made
2015-07-13_12.28.29.png

FluxEnforcer

Jul 29, 2019
Not the best picture but you can see the little progress that I have made
What are the blue chests? Are they MineChem things? Just seeing this makes me want to get into the mod though. Are there any good packs that contain it?not the Material Energy series, I mean like a survival sandbox pack. Or should I add the mod to a pack such as DW20 or Infinity?

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
What are the blue chests? Are they MineChem things? Just seeing this makes me want to get into the mod though. Are there any good packs that contain it?not the Material Energy series, I mean like a survival sandbox pack. Or should I add the mod to a pack such as DW20 or Infinity?
leaded chests, they keep radioactive materials from decaying. Take 8 MineChem Lead Element vials and surround a chest.

FluxEnforcer

Jul 29, 2019
leaded chests, they keep radioactive materials from decaying. Take 8 MineChem Lead Element vials and surround a chest.
Thanks, even though i don't know what Lead Element vials are(assuming that they're the vials that u have in the barrels on the pic filled with the element pb, or lead). I really need to get into MineChem.

Reactions: jdog1408

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, even though i don't know what Lead Element vials are(assuming that they're the vials that u have in the barrels on the pic filled with the element pb, or lead). I really need to get into MineChem.
and I never told you a pack so I'll shamlessly(get it) praise my own, it's called Shamcraft and doesn't contain HQM(Wait those exist?) the code is shamcraft408 and as far as I can tell it's a stable pack but I wouldn't use a Biomes o Plenty world

Reactions: Type1Ninja