Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Two quick questions regarding the Elderich Tab in Thaumcraft's Thaumonomicon
1) I understand it unlocks as a warp effect. What's the message you get when it happens?
2) If the vast majority of my warp is temporary (I think I've researched maybe two "mostly harmless" forbidden knowledge things) will it still happen? I've mostly been using Zombie Brains to get my warp up, which generate mostly temporary with the occasional sticky warp.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
1) I understand it unlocks as a warp effect. What's the message you get when it happens?
2) If the vast majority of my warp is temporary (I think I've researched maybe two "mostly harmless" forbidden knowledge things) will it still happen? I've mostly been using Zombie Brains to get my warp up, which generate mostly temporary with the occasional sticky warp.

Make flesh golems until the tab unlocks, can't remember if it does anything when it opens (like ringing a bell or putting a message up, it may do) but I think I just made 5 then looked and made another 5 and eventually it was available.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Why arent there any Enderman in the End? (Horizon 2 Daybreaker)

Why arent there any Enderman in the End? (Horizon 2 Daybreaker)
No need to ask this twice in the same page. It's possible a mod there tweaks it so they don't spawn until the dragon is dead or something, but i honestly can only guess.

1) It's purple text, that says something about seeing a pattern/having a revelation. Idr the exact wording.
2) Yes, but bear in mind you need to get warp events, so if you have warp ward, or haven't done anything warpy in a fair while, you can't get the required event. (this applies for the epiphany too).

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
So is there a bug with the Cryo stabilised flux duct where if you tessaract it uses a shitload of power.

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
Hi o/

Does anyone know if Immersive Engineering ores will spawn in the deep dark? We are looking to add it to our server but are trying to figure the best practical way to do this since its a largely explored world at the moment.

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Another quick question. Does anyone know of a mod that adds vis relays which can accept multiple inputs? It's kind of annoying having to either find a hungry node or wait for nodes to merge (especially with node merging being so lossy).

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
How do I change the time for Aroma Backup? It's backing up every 2 hours but I'd much prefer every 15 minutes or so. I don't know where to change the options tho.

Be careful with that setting... I had Aroma eat up 39GB of disk space before I found and deleted all the old backups. Even the ones from worlds I had deleted over a month earlier.

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Be careful with that setting... I had Aroma eat up 39GB of disk space before I found and deleted all the old backups. Even the ones from worlds I had deleted over a month earlier.

Thanks for the advice. However, what I found is that there is also a setting in the config to tell Aroma how many backups to keep. It was set to 20 by default, and I changed it to 2 (since I'm now saving every 15 mins instead of the default 120 mins). I played for a while, long enough for 6-8 saves, and then checked the backups directory - sure enough, there are only 2 backups in there. So it simply keeps the last 2 saves and deletes the older ones. Perfect!!

What a great mod IMO - I was always in the habit of hitting ESC and then manually navigating to my FTB directory and copying the saves folder to a backup location... a real annoying and time-consuming task indeed. But now Aroma is doing that task automatically! Yay!

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Thanks for the advice. However, what I found is that there is also a setting in the config to tell Aroma how many backups to keep. It was set to 20 by default, and I changed it to 2 (since I'm now saving every 15 mins instead of the default 120 mins). I played for a while, long enough for 6-8 saves, and then checked the backups directory - sure enough, there are only 2 backups in there. So it simply keeps the last 2 saves and deletes the older ones. Perfect!!

What a great mod IMO - I was always in the habit of hitting ESC and then manually navigating to my FTB directory and copying the saves folder to a backup location... a real annoying and time-consuming task indeed. But now Aroma is doing that task automatically! Yay!

I found that as well. When I had my "event" the default setting was 30 minutes and I reset to 2 hours (now default, I guess), with 12 saves kept, so I had a one day buffer if I played for 24 hours. You still have to clean up after deleted worlds, though. This may not be an issue for you but I remove all old worlds when a pack updates... :D

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Another quick question. Does anyone know of a mod that adds vis relays which can accept multiple inputs? It's kind of annoying having to either find a hungry node or wait for nodes to merge (especially with node merging being so lossy).
I don't know of any that do that, but there are several mods that allow creation of nodes, Nodal Mechanics, Thaumic Bases and I think Technomancy all can do this. (I have not used any of these to make nodes though, so i can't comment on balancing, although i'd probibly lean towards the first mentioned being the most balanced as it focuses exculsively on it.

If you don't mind cheating you can /give yourself a node in a jar which whatever node suits your needs too if you know the needed nbt. (I don't off top of head :( )

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to get a gt achivment with "gamemode 1" or config files on singleplayer?
There is a buged achivement on a modpack which I cant get

And another question, is there a way to get already solved researchs on thaumcraft? I mean single researchs, not all them with thaumonicom cheat sheet
bc I've started again and I dont like to start on thaumcraft from 0 again