Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Skvapter

Jul 29, 2019
So like a config option? I don't have that in front of me atm; however you could probably use an OpenBlocks sound muffler.
Yeah I do use a muffler, but I'd still like a way to disable their sound in general, so I take it there isn't a way?

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I want to use the custom map Eldaria for my next world, but in 1.7.10, all of the carts in mineshafts are weirdly glitched and I suspect they cause lag. Any way to mass-delete them?

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I do use a muffler, but I'd still like a way to disable their sound in general, so I take it there isn't a way?

I haven't found one yet. They're a bit noisy. I wonder if you could track down the sound file and replace it with an empty one. (At work so I can't experiment at the moment.)

Reactions: Skvapter

SireHans

Jul 29, 2019
So this properly not a simple question, but I will ask anyway. How do get ATG to work with both Highlands and BoP

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
So this properly not a simple question, but I will ask anyway. How do get ATG to work with both Highlands and BoP
AFAIK you need to make sure that Highlands and BoP uses different Biome IDs for their respective Biomes. You can do that in each their Config file I believe. Then it should happen automatically I think when you choose the ATG world gen.

But.. there were some changes in the mod when it shifted hand(I think) from 1.6.4 to 1.7.10. For a while it didn't really support BoP or was it Highlands.

There is some important imformation on the ATG thread you should read:
Mod compatibility and issues IMPORTANT:

ATG 0.9.0+ is NOT compatible with worlds generated in 0.3.0 and earlier due to changes in biome allocation and the removal of plateaus as distinct biomes.

ATG is incompatible with Better World Generation, though frankly why you would have both at once is quite beyond me.

Biome conflics are possible and happen silently, but all biome IDs are changeable in the configuration file, along with the ATG world type. The defaults are:

World id 9 Biome ids 1.6: 150-159 Biome ids 1.7+: 141-148

Twilight Forest will cause a conflict out of the box, so please make sure that if you use it, you change the biome IDs in either mod so they don't collide.

ATG is supported by directly by EBXL and Highlands, and includes small compatibility modules for Buildcraft's oil biomes and TC4's magical forest. This means their biomes will appear by default in the generator config, but you can add your own or make any changes that you wish.

A preconfigured generator.cfg for Biomes'O'Plenty can be found here.

All mods which add non-biome terrain generation features such as Thaumcraft, Buildcraft, IC2 and so forth work as expected, only mods that add whole new biomes require config modification. Buildcraft's oil biomes will spawn in the world, but they're rare, so keep your eyes peeled!
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...mods/1291067-atg-alternate-terrain-generation

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019

I have muted the chest sound effects, most of the zombie noises and a few other really annoying sounds by using a program to change the volume of the files. The new sound effects go in a resource pack folder as if they were textures. You just have to figure out the directory structure so its the same as in the mod file.

Zaes

Jul 29, 2019
How do I include a server download for my modpack
I'm not sure what you mean exactly here - do you want to create a custom modpack and distribute that, or do you want to distribute a save file (either single player or multiplayer)? If it is the former, I suggest reading this. If you want the latter, open up the location of the modpack on your hard drive (I assume you know where this is) compress the folder that has the same name as your world save and distribute that file anyway you like.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
I have muted the chest sound effects, most of the zombie noises and a few other really annoying sounds by using a program to change the volume of the files. The new sound effects go in a resource pack folder as if they were textures. You just have to figure out the directory structure so its the same as in the mod file.
More elegant solution in Sprinkles for Vanilla. You can configure specific sound events to not play. http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/226309-sprinkles_for_vanilla

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I think it depends, too, on the area they are in. I know at one time too many mobs in a small area caused a lot of hitbox collisions which in turn caused lag. MC/Forge may have addressed this issue in newer versions - it is something I have not really checked into because I do what Ocker is recommending: being reasonable. :)

I don't think I've every made a farm where I DON'T have 2000 cows in a 10x10 pen. LOL I thought that was what everybody does?

But then again, in modded minecraft, I rarely have to bother with an animal farm anymore. There's so many different ways to get materials, doing them the old-fashioned vanilla way is usually the worst way.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure what you mean exactly here - do you want to create a custom modpack and distribute that, or do you want to distribute a save file (either single player or multiplayer)? If it is the former, I suggest reading this. If you want the latter, open up the location of the modpack on your hard drive (I assume you know where this is) compress the folder that has the same name as your world save and distribute that file anyway you like.
How do I include this for my modpack.
serverdownload.PNG

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
How do I include this for my modpack.
You upload a .zip when you update your pack, that includes everything needed to run the server.

How does one do this?
Download the forge installer for the forge version your pack uses, set it to install in a folder of your choice.
Then copy the configs, mods, scripts (if you have this one), from the singleplayer instance into that folder
Remove any mods that are clientside only (e.g JourneyMap) if you need to ask whether it's clientside or not, just ask :) (NEI is not clientside just so you know)
Add any serverside mods (Morpheus, ForgeEssentials, etc.)
zip it all up, and you're done

Reactions: jdog1408

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
I guess I'll just ask here before I make a thread; Where should I post a thread about sharing mod configs, specifically INpureCore custom NEI filters? There really isn't a good place to share configs in general.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I guess I'll just ask here before I make a thread; Where should I post a thread about sharing mod configs, specifically INpureCore custom NEI filters? There really isn't a good place to share configs in general.
In the mods thread (makes a lot of sense, I know)

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
You upload a .zip when you update your pack, that includes everything needed to run the server.

How does one do this?
Download the forge installer for the forge version your pack uses, set it to install in a folder of your choice.
Then copy the configs, mods, scripts (if you have this one), from the singleplayer instance into that folder
Remove any mods that are clientside only (e.g JourneyMap) if you need to ask whether it's clientside or not, just ask :) (NEI is not clientside just so you know)
Add any serverside mods (Morpheus, ForgeEssentials, etc.)
zip it all up, and you're done
Just a clarification, I think the Morpheus license prevents people from distributing it in downloads. Gotta watch out for those outlier legal stuffs ;)