Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
The power monitor, liquid monitor, sorting system, builder, and storage system. :p
Also the crafter, the mob spawning system and the interesting (if maybe not the most straightforward) power generator.
In AE 2 on the carfting terminal how can I click the question mark while searching recipe in the NEI and the items automatically fill the pattern? I'm sure I've seen someone on YouTube do this but can't rememeber where!
I Think this is done with a shift-right click. I assume you mean in the pattern terminal, where you still need the items in the ae system for the recipe. (for instance for a piston pattern you need planks, iron, redstone and cobblestone in the system. Doesn't matter how much, but it has to be there.)

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
Also the crafter, the mob spawning system and the interesting (if maybe not the most straightforward) power generator.

I Think this is done with a shift-right click. I assume you mean in the pattern terminal, where you still need the items in the ae system for the recipe. (for instance for a piston pattern you need planks, iron, redstone and cobblestone in the system. Doesn't matter how much, but it has to be there.)
shift right click or left click, doesn't matter which one

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
The automatic filling doesn't work with recipes that have items that don't stack if you're wondering why it doesn't work sometimes.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
How many animals is too many for a farm? As far as server stress
Any more than necessary - you can set up a breeder system that breeds only when more than 8 or 10 adults, or something like that, with a botania block called 'eye of the ancients' - look at DW20 lets play S7 episode 15 if you need a walk-through. (If you don't have botania their are other ways like throttling the food to the breeder or or AE level emitter)

I say more than necessary because your mobs + everyone else's mobs + Mob spawns = server mob stress level, you can't do a lot about 2 of them but you can minimise your own

Last edited:

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a better way to use the Thaumcraft essentia tank than using essentia tubes? I watched the latest DW20 episode and he was doing a lot of restricting pipe flows (or something) because apparently this block only accepts and dispenses from 1 face (I read somewhere you can change the face, bottom I think is default, but it's still in/out). I was hoping that there may be a higher level attachment, or a workaround, that overcomes this limitation.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a better way to use the Thaumcraft essentia tank than using essentia tubes? I watched the latest DW20 episode and he was doing a lot of restricting pipe flows (or something) because apparently this block only accepts and dispenses from 1 face (I read somewhere you can change the face, bottom I think is default, but it's still in/out). I was hoping that there may be a higher level attachment, or a workaround, that overcomes this limitation.
I'm sure there is but also keep in mind, he is still doing manual alchemy. So already he's not using everything available to him. So I'm sure there is.... Don't know off the top of my head though.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure there is but also keep in mind, he is still doing manual alchemy. So already he's not using everything available to him. So I'm sure there is.... Don't know off the top of my head though.
So there is automated Thaumcraft alchemy! Having never progressed this far with Thaumcraft previously I am now going to need to see what I can find out about this

Reactions: Psychicash

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
So there is automated Thaumcraft alchemy! Having never progressed this far with Thaumcraft previously I am now going to need to see what I can find out about this
8a411fa0f6b7f194601e6745a9e84b4c.jpg

It's actually called automated alchemy and it's awesome.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry I thought you meant something more automated - he has build this, 2 I think, in the cellar making nitor, alumentum, balance shards and void metal (I think) using the Mnemonic matrix.

While I was looking around the internet I found this - http://i.imgur.com/DwTqtgt.png

This looks "automated"
That's from Thaumic Energistics and it just makes it possible to store essentia in ME systems. It does have automatable arcane crafting but that's the only thing it actually makes possible to do which isn't possible without the mod.

Reactions: Psychicash

Falkner35

Jul 29, 2019
Can I turn off aura cascade particle effects? I'm playing FTB Horizons: Daybreaker and I went extremely overboard with my setup. It's making my game lag big time.
2015-06-29_16.47.57.png

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
That's from Thaumic Energistics and it just makes it possible to store essentia in ME systems. It does have automatable arcane crafting but that's the only thing it actually makes possible to do which isn't possible without the mod.
But storing in the AE should also make automating essentia an AE function and if you mean arcane infusion crafting automatable - that is huge and if there is a better option than the alchemical construct - total automation!

Unfortunately Thaumic Energistics is not in the DW20 pack, sad

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is there no way to empty a Forestry Pipette? Without having to set up some machine
How many animals is too many for a farm? As far as server stress
There is not really a limit. Every animal/mob requires constant calculation.

But important to consider is to leave them ample space. DO NOT cramp a pile of animals into the same pen. They will start wall glitching and that will cause massive TPS and FPS "lag". Try and give each animal at least 1.5-2 blocks space.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
But storing in the AE should also make automating essentia an AE function and if you mean arcane infusion crafting automatable - that is huge and if there is a better option than the alchemical construct - total automation!

Unfortunately Thaumic Energistics is not in the DW20 pack, sad
It's arcane worktable crafting, not infusion.

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
Any more than necessary - you can set up a breeder system that breeds only when more than 8 or 10 adults, or something like that, with a botania block called 'eye of the ancients' - look at DW20 lets play S7 episode 15 if you need a walk-through. (If you don't have botania their are other ways like throttling the food to the breeder or or AE level emitter)

I say more than necessary because your mobs + everyone else's mobs + Mob spawns = server mob stress level, you can't do a lot about 2 of them but you can minimise your own

I think it depends, too, on the area they are in. I know at one time too many mobs in a small area caused a lot of hitbox collisions which in turn caused lag. MC/Forge may have addressed this issue in newer versions - it is something I have not really checked into because I do what Ocker is recommending: being reasonable. :)