Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any other way to freshly make a Blank Logic Matrix from Factorization without requiring machines from said mod?
Using direwolf20 Pack, v1.3.1.

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
solved the frustrating input/output/energy

by having ender io cabels on the backside of the machine
energy + output (item)
items are extracted from the machine to a hidden chest behind the wall where an applied energistic pipe is picking things up into the system.

input to the machines goes from the top via applied energistic interfaces and patterns so everything can be ordered from the console.

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
In Infinity, I seem to have an issue with my smeltery. I want to pull finished blocks from the casting basins and I'm using hoppers to do this. However, the hoppers simply won't pull. Any idea as to why this may be?

EDIT: I've found the solution. The problem was that I was testing the system by manually placing blocks into the casting basins. Apparently hoppers only pull from casting basins when the blocks have been poured from the smeltery.

Might as well ask another question though. It seems I've done something in NEI where everything turns a dark shade (crafting grids, machine menus, etc.) when I'm looking up a mod or item. Why does it do this, and how do I get rid of it?

Last edited:

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
In Infinity, I seem to have an issue with my smeltery. I want to pull finished blocks from the casting basins and I'm using hoppers to do this. However, the hoppers simply won't pull. Any idea as to why this may be?

EDIT: I've found the solution. The problem was that I was testing the system by manually placing blocks into the casting basins. Apparently hoppers only pull from casting basins when the blocks have been poured from the smeltery.

Might as well ask another question though. It seems I've done something in NEI where everything turns a dark shade (crafting grids, machine menus, etc.) when I'm looking up a mod or item. Why does it do this, and how do I get rid of it?
double click the search bar, you're in inventory search mode.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I checked the computercraft forums but couldn't find what I was looking for. The turtle has a default program excavate. I was trying to find an excavate program that does the same thing except I could tell it only go to this y level or so many levels down... Anyone know of one?

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
well like you can cut a cobblestone in half vertically and have half of a cobble using a saw. Then you cut that in half horizontally or vertically etc. etc.... can you do that with carpenter's blocks? I think it would be awesome... and indeed should be... a... thing. :p

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
well like you can cut a cobblestone in half vertically and have half of a cobble using a saw. Then you cut that in half horizontally or vertically etc. etc.... can you do that with carpenter's blocks? I think it would be awesome... and indeed should be... a... thing. :p
You should talk to the carpenters' blocks dev about that, especially if you are wanting them slopes, for example, to be half size, but still be able to take the texture of other blocks (right click the half slope with cobble, and get a half-slope with cobble texture)

Reactions: Psychicash

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I checked the computercraft forums but couldn't find what I was looking for. The turtle has a default program excavate. I was trying to find an excavate program that does the same thing except I could tell it only go to this y level or so many levels down... Anyone know of one?
http://www.computercraft.info/forum...vanced-mining-turtle-ore-quarry/page__st__240
Top of the script has a line with "y-level above bedrock" or something. Just change that to whatever you want the turtle to go down to.

Reactions: Psychicash

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I think that would be very hard to implement due to how to texture the surfaces and how to snap to other carpenters blocks.

But what I would REALLY love to see is Slab Slopes. Slobes that slope to and from half blocks. That should not be too hard to implement.
(Yeah I know Collapsible blocks do that, but you cannot put those on vertical surfaces),

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I think that would be very hard to implement due to how to texture the surfaces and how to snap to other carpenters blocks.

But what I would REALLY love to see is Slab Slopes. Slobes that slope to and from half blocks. That should not be too hard to implement.
(Yeah I know Collapsible blocks do that, but you cannot put those on vertical surfaces),
OH MY! That's the best thing I have heard all day! (yes my day is boring...)
It would make progressive roofs much nicer, meaning to go up 5 blocks, I can use 10 blocks of slopes :O Carpenters Blocks dev... you are needed to make the world more awesome! :3

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
OH MY! That's the best thing I have heard all day! (yes my day is boring...)
It would make progressive roofs much nicer, meaning to go up 5 blocks, I can use 10 blocks of slopes :O Carpenters Blocks dev... you are needed to make the world more awesome! :3
Well you can make some amazing looking roofs with Collapsible blocks tbh. You really don't need "Slab Slopes" for that as it is all horizontal. And you have MUCH more customizable options with Collapsible Blocks, like varying the gradient.
Example:
7yL3Zn8.png

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Well you can make some amazing looking roofs with Collapsible blocks tbh. You really don't need "Slab Slopes" for that as it is all horizontal. And you have MUCH more customizable options with Collapsible Blocks, like varying the gradient or make small gaps to make it look like shingles/tiles.
Problem is... I am too lazy/impatient for collapsible blocks :p

Reactions: Type1Ninja