Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
what alternatives are there in ftb infinity of an item that suck up things into my inventory....

some kind of magnet that pulls items into my inventory around me.
Mysterious Magnet from Magic Bees is one of them(I think). Rather expensive to tier though.

(why Xeno's Reliquary(Coin of Fortune for loot+XP magnet) was not added to Infinity often boggles my mind. With its integration with TC(Thaumic Reliquary) it would be a perfect addition.)

Last edited:

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
botania has a magnet ring as well
Which is very easy to make and doesn't even use mana.

(why Xeno's Reliquary(Coin of Fortune for loot+XP magnet) was not added to Infinity often boggles my mind. With its integration with TC(Thaumic Reliquary) it would be a perfect addition.)

The XP collecting really is something I loved about the Coin. Maybe Vazkii would add that to the ring of magnetism if we poked her enough.

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
with nether ores does silk touch only stop the explosions or does it stop the pigmen from getting angry aswell in latest AS2 Pack?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The XP collecting really is something I loved about the Coin. Maybe Vazkii would add that to the ring of magnetism if we poked her enough.
Add to that the shift+click with it to increase its range momentarily to 25 blocks to collect large areas or get that annoying item that was stuck somewhere or fell down a pit. Coin is generally really well made and one of my favourite items.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Is AE2 compatible with a Logistics network as it was in Monster? As in: ME Interface connected to a basic pipe+provider pipe+request pipe?

Edit: also, are there plugs for the ME cable? such as LP plugs.
To my knowledge yes it still does work, but autocrafting requests seem to go in neither direction.

The "pipe Plugs" for ae are cable anchors. You can also paint them different colours and they won't connect. (You can do this with BC pipes too now.)

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
To my knowledge yes it still does work, but autocrafting requests seem to go in neither direction.

The "pipe Plugs" for ae are cable anchors. You can also paint them different colours and they won't connect. (You can do this with BC pipes too now.)
I can verify that they still work. I have a remote order logistics system setup to pull my AE inventory

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019

Great, thanks. Took the greater part of today figuring how to work with AE2. It being complicated made it so much fun (except the damn hunt for presses).

Endorphinz

Jul 29, 2019
I have a quick question. I did a quick search through the thread, and the forums in general, but couldn't seem to find any answers.
It's not really a bug that I'm having, but regarding movement, there's like this auto run feature: whenever I do forward + jump in quick succession, it makes my character run, same if I walk off a ledge, I hit the ground running. It's not a huge deal, but I want to know which mod pack, if any, added this behavior, and if it's possible to disable it? I've checked, and it doesn't happen in vanilla MC 1.7.10.
The modpack I'm using is FTB Lite 3 1.21

Chris97b

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have any tips for dealing with the heat mechanic in Pneumaticcraft? Not sure how recently this was added, but this is the first time I've gone through PC since it was a thing. I'm having serious problems cooling a Flux Compressor with anything more than 1 or 2 speed upgrades. I managed to get 5 speed upgrades running at something like 14% efficiency, but that took a ludicrously large system of compressed iron blocks and Cryotheum (something like 3 stacks of compressed iron blocks and over a stack of Cryo).

Is there any way to manage this effectively, or am I better off just making 10+ compressors and forgetting the upgrades?

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
is there some way to turn of the "auto hover" thing when you fall far enough.

if i jump down a hole, it will go into hower just before i land on the ground.
can i turn this off?

from the mod simply jetpack
ftb infinity 1,5,1

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

can i turn this off?

from the mod simply jetpack
ftb infinity 1,5,1
What tier of jetpack are you using? I'd guess that you're using either Reinforced or Resonant... try a Leadstone or Hardened jetpack if it annoys you that much; they don't have that feature.

Then again, why do you want to turn it off? The alternative is taking fall damage.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019

can i turn this off?
When you press U (or whatever key you rebound it to) while wearing the jetpack, you can open its GUI and deactivate it there.

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
i am using the highest level with the flux armor, so it is level 5.

i want to turn it off since i dont take damage from falling.
i find it disrupting when moving around.
also i have a special entrance to my base where i jump down a hole :)
and the effect of jumping into my base is disrupted by the jetpack.

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
When you press U (or whatever key you rebound it to) while wearing the jetpack, you can open its GUI and deactivate it there.

hm, i cant find a key that opens UI for simply jetpack.
checked my keysettings and it is only two option,s turn on/off key, hover mode key?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
hm, i cant find a key that opens UI for simply jetpack.
checked my keysettings and it is only two option,s turn on/off key, hover mode key?
Oh I see
the Simply Jetpacks version in Infinity 1.5.1 is too old for that.