Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Not sure if this is a bug or not, but in Infinity 1.6.1 the PortalGun mod was added (sounds of joy from me are to be heard here...)

The problem is, every time I log out, the portals I had set up disappear, like I never shot them in the first place. I've looked in the PortalGun config and didn't see anything about this there.

Any ideas?
You are not on a server with someone using the same gun? :p

Novarider

Jul 29, 2019
A few tips for you -
Use the GenDustry mod not the Genetics mod for breeding.
Get Effect none, Flower Rocks, Humidity both 2, Temperature both 3, and all the "True" traits.
Fertility 4 & Lifespan Shortest (for getting drones - for the traits)
Fertility 1, Lifespan Longest & Speed Fastest (for production).
Get a few diamond bees producing ASAP - diamonds are used to make the consumables in the GenDustry machines
Another good ideas is to set up your base at a place with 2 or 3 biomes meeting - Mine is at shrubland (Normal Arid) & river (Normal Normal).

BTW This is my 3rd time using bees, 1st two only to get certain bees, this time (due entirely to GenDustry) I am attempting to get all available species - I have about 150 so far and I think there are about 270

What makes you recomend Gendustry? Most people recomend going with the non Gendustri the first time.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
What makes you recomend Gendustry? Most people recomend going with the non Gendustri the first time.
"Vanilla Bees" are an acquired tasted. Many people don't particularly like it, or get tired of it after having done it multiple times. Other just love it. Many of us recommend strongly that you try it out once in its pure form first to figure out which camp you are in. You can always choose the Gendustry route later down the road.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Well.... I agree with rhn .....a bit, this time through, gendustry was not in the pack so I began trying with genetics, I then decided that that was worse than doing it vanilla (bees) so I decided to just get the bees I wanted vanilla style. I breed to the royal bees required to make Alveary's and then Gendustry came out.

What gendusty does is to minimise the frustrating time consuming parts of bees. If all you want to do in Minecraft is to breed bees and nothing else than do it manually, you can spend months doing nothing else. But if you want to use bees as a tool to help automate your game then GenDustry is the way to go. As rhn says you can start vanilla bees and then when the repetition becomes a grind go to GenDustry

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Single player mode.
The mod is not quite stable - it is still a work in progress. I had the same issue but with the craftable/placeable portals, worked fine while the game was loaded but after logging back on some portals were broken.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
If all you want to do in Minecraft is to breed bees and nothing else than do it manually, you can spend months doing nothing else.
With experience, coordination and planning it really doesn't have to take months.

I would more say it is a matter of if you don't like the original process and gameplay and just want the rewards, then go for Gendustry.

Avarion

Jul 29, 2019
I've problem with the Twilight mod. I was in a fight with the Lich while someone switched to server to peaceful to test something out. The mob disappeared but I don't get him to spawn again. Is there any way to reset the mob?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I've problem with the Twilight mod. I was in a fight with the Lich while someone switched to server to peaceful to test something out. The mob disappeared but I don't get him to spawn again. Is there any way to reset the mob?
I think you have to find another Lich Tower. I think he is "scripted" to spawn from a spawner once a player is in range, that then vanishes once the spawn is complete.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried looking for another one? ie at another location

Edit Great minds.....?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Thanks you two. Didn't know there is more than one tower
Yeah a map will tell you where the "special features" are located. I strongly recommend you make one to navigate the forest easier.
Or once you find one you can just travel East-West or North-South of that to find more. There will be unlimited amounts of each feature spawning, but you might have to travel far to find more of the rare ones. Lich towers are medium common however.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Anyone got a clue of the comparative value of the different Yield values of Forestry/ExT trees? For example how much more efficient is a "Lower" yield tree than a "Lowest" trees at producing fruit?

Wicked223

Jul 29, 2019
So I got hit by a concussion creeper and it somehow knocked out of the entire world, meaning there's now an OpenBlocks death marker following me wherever I go, plus I can't find the grave I left meaning there's a lot of stuff I'll probably miss floating in the void somewhere! Is there anything I can do about this?

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
So I got hit by a concussion creeper and it somehow knocked out of the entire world, meaning there's now an OpenBlocks death marker following me wherever I go, plus I can't find the grave I left meaning there's a lot of stuff I'll probably miss floating in the void somewhere! Is there anything I can do about this?
That seems.. extremelyish extreme. To the extreme.
Do you have Aroma backup by chance? So you could revert to a backup?

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Open the big map (J by default I think) and you have a waypoints button there where you can remove waypoints. The death markers are from JourneyMap, not OpenBlocks. OpenBlocks only has the graves.

As for your stuff; there probably won't be a grave anywhere but OpenBlocks makes a backup of your inventory every time you die or a grave is created. So when a grave works you should get two backups of the same items. You can find them under saves/YourWorldName/data. If you have two files created at the same time when you fell you have a grave somewhere close to the point but probably not since it doesn't check far enough to create one. But fear not, you can still restore that backup via ingame command /ob_inventory YourName BackupFileName.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Is AE2 compatible with a Logistics network as it was in Monster? As in: ME Interface connected to a basic pipe+provider pipe+request pipe?

Edit: also, are there plugs for the ME cable? such as LP plugs.

Last edited:

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
what alternatives are there in ftb infinity of an item that suck up things into my inventory....

some kind of magnet that pulls items into my inventory around me.