Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Is Botania's Terrasteel gear unbreakable? As in, if I run out of mana (god forbid) does it just become useless? Does it not break at all?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I am getting very frustrated trying to run a fluid conduit and redstone signal to run a bank of steam engines. I place the pressurised fluid conduit and have all working correctly and when I try to run the insulated redstone conduit it doesn't connect to industrial steam engines automatically. So I have tried using both wrenches and all that ends up happening is that everything disconnects.

Is there a tutorial on this subject somewhere?
I don't know if this is a thing in current versions(I am still in 1.6.4), but the YETA wrench have mode settings for different conduits so it only wrenches the redstone conduits for example. Just shift click it and it should toggle through the icons in the lower left corner.

Daz58

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this is a thing in current versions(I am still in 1.6.4), but the YETA wrench have mode settings for different conduits so it only wrenches the redstone conduits for example. Just shift click it and it should toggle through the icons in the lower left corner.
Thank you. That helps a lot more.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

I use my mouse wheel when I have the Yeta Wrench in my hand to change the mode. It has become extremely useful, this tip, since it makes the most sense to combine all EnderIO conduits onto one face of a machine to free up faces for things like AE2 ME Interfaces (for auto-crafting).

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Simple question (for those in the know): When will Gregtech v6 be in a playable state? How far along is Gregorious with it? Even a simple answer like "soon" or "not soon at all" would be sufficient. Thanks.

well I posted my question on the IC2 forums, and I'm quite certain that was not the wisest thing I could have done. LOL Greg will probably reply, "It will be finished when I finish it." :D

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Well, I told you I didn't think it was a good idea. Somehow, I guess I knew their reputation. That's BS tho, like I'm supposed to know all the rules over there? Tards.
Ehm I guess you haven't spend a whole lot of time over there then, as that post is stickied at the top of EVERY single subforum :p

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Ehm I guess you haven't spend a whole lot of time over there then, as that post is stickied at the top of EVERY single subforum :p

My question was my second post over there. I've spent enough time reading the forum tho to know they're not the nicest people on the earth.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Is Botania's Terrasteel gear unbreakable? As in, if I run out of mana (god forbid) does it just become useless? Does it not break at all?
They work just the same without mana but have regular durability and will get damaged and break vanilla style if you take too many hits.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
They work just the same without mana but have regular durability and will get damaged and break vanilla style if you take too many hits.
Kay, thanks. So is there any indestructible tools on Infinity? I was thinking Bound gear, but they have durability, as well. Thaumcraft Ichor stuff (I'm avoinding warpy things; don't mind crafting them, but would rather not use gear that keeps my warp active at all times)?

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Kay, thanks. So is there any indestructible tools on Infinity? I was thinking Bound gear, but they have durability, as well. Thaumcraft Ichor stuff (I'm avoinding warpy things; don't mind crafting them, but would rather not use gear that keeps my warp active at all times)?
Botania's armor technically has infinite durability, if you supplied it with mana.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Bound gear sucks from your soul network but it doesn't wear down...unless I missed it being changed

There's also the tools and armor from Redstone Arsenal, they will consume RF.

Novarider

Jul 29, 2019
I am currently playing on a Direwolf pack server, and working my way through bees for the first time. is there any way to automate the frames for the alveary currently? All the guides I find are two years old and uses the router which does not exist in the pack it seems.

I cant, on my own figure out a way to do this.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Botania's armor technically has infinite durability, if you supplied it with mana.
I think I'll stick with the Terrasteel pick. Seems Awesome.
Bound gear sucks from your soul network but it doesn't wear down...unless I missed it being changed

There's also the tools and armor from Redstone Arsenal, they will consume RF.
I'll keep the pickaxe, but thanks for pointing out this mod. Omniwrench is a gift I thought lost with the Modular Powersuits mod.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I am currently playing on a Direwolf pack server, and working my way through bees for the first time. is there any way to automate the frames for the alveary currently? All the guides I find are two years old and uses the router which does not exist in the pack it seems.

Use Applied Energistics export buses. Make sure to put a crafting upgrade in them so they will trigger AE crafting.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019

A few tips for you -
Use the GenDustry mod not the Genetics mod for breeding.
Get Effect none, Flower Rocks, Humidity both 2, Temperature both 3, and all the "True" traits.
Fertility 4 & Lifespan Shortest (for getting drones - for the traits)
Fertility 1, Lifespan Longest & Speed Fastest (for production).
Get a few diamond bees producing ASAP - diamonds are used to make the consumables in the GenDustry machines
Another good ideas is to set up your base at a place with 2 or 3 biomes meeting - Mine is at shrubland (Normal Arid) & river (Normal Normal).

BTW This is my 3rd time using bees, 1st two only to get certain bees, this time (due entirely to GenDustry) I am attempting to get all available species - I have about 150 so far and I think there are about 270

Reactions: Equitime

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I have 2 bee related questions - can Ectoplasm be harvested?, I found a piece on wiki that shows them as stackable and shears to be the tool but this must be old as it does not work. My Thaumium scoop with Repair II - has stopped repairing, has something changed on the 1.4.1 DW20 update?

Unrelated questions - I misplaced my reinforced watering can and without thinking made another, forgot about the 10% drop in health - Is there any (legit) way to regain this and is there any (legit) way to get the soul fragment without loosing health - once is fair enough but after that IMHO there should be a way to make more, like you can make weak blood shards after you get one.