Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
So I removed a lava block near my base, just one of those random lavas on the side of a hill. Days later, the area is still all lit up like it was when the lava was there. But I removed the lava days ago... so why doesn't the light from the lava go away? What programming magic did Mojang use to pull off this neat trick? Is there any way to remove the light from a light source that has been removed? Talk about an odd question. LOL

Last edited:

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
So I removed a lava block near my base, just one of those random lavas on the side of a hill. Days later, the area is still all lit up like it was when the lava was there. But I removed the lava days ago... so why doesn't the light from the lava go away? What programming magic did Mojang use to pull off this neat trick? Is there any way to remove the light from a light source that has been removed? Talk about an odd question. LOL

Are you perchance playing with Thaumcraft? I believe under some circumstances glimmer of light can spawn and light some places.

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
are there any bee hives close by they also give off light

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Are you perchance playing with Thaumcraft? I believe under some circumstances glimmer of light can spawn and light some places.

Infinity modpack. It's not the dim glow from an aura node, it's the very bright glow from lava! It's also not a Forestry beehive. It's lava light, I removed the lava and the light remains. I've seen this happen many times in Minecraft over the years but I finally decided to ask the question because I don't know how you can remove a light source but not the light... it's a pretty neat programming trick (i.e. bug).

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble (Infinity 1.5.1) getting the Primal Staff research. I see information about getting a lot of warp and getting a new tab on the Taumonomicon, but no new tab open (I did get cleansing research options).

I've unlocked wand foci and staves. Should I edit the post and attach an album with my researches?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble (Infinity 1.5.1) getting the Primal Staff research. I see information about getting a lot of warp and getting a new tab on the Taumonomicon, but no new tab open (I did get cleansing research options).

I've unlocked wand foci and staves. Should I edit the post and attach an album with my researches?
Hold the primal charm in your hand until it whispers secrets to you

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Try scanning that Primal Focus, it is a prereq to have researched it at least. (I didn't see me needing to use one so i used knowledge fragments to get the staff of the primal, fortuneatly I had plenty of research fragments to spare from Maze raiding..

EDIT: Both of these are in the Eldrich Tab, so you can't get them without the Eldrich Tab unlocked. You don't need Revelation for it though.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Try scanning that Primal Focus, it is a prereq to have researched it at least. (I didn't see me needing to use one so i used knowledge fragments to get the staff of the primal, fortuneatly I had plenty of research fragments to spare from Maze raiding..

EDIT: Both of these are in the Eldrich Tab, so you can't get them without the Eldrich Tab unlocked. You don't need Revelation for it though.
Already scanned. Also, I have no Eldrich tab, just an Apocrypha. Do I need to grow insane(r) until I get it?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Already scanned. Also, I have no Eldrich tab, just an Apocrypha. Do I need to grow insane(r) until I get it?

I don't know for sure how all of the research connects, but try finding some of the Crimson Cult and kill them until you get a book. Read that. It may unlock the tab, or it may just be needed to unlock something in that tab later on.

Dajukester

Jul 29, 2019
A problem I'm having is that my server (FTB Mage Quest 1.1.1) is having a problem with Lumien's Resource Loader, this error to be exact. (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8sOygpev971eWpUcnFTZVBydTg/view)
Notice that i have some additional mods as well like Customnpcs, bibliocraft, betterstorage, twilight forest, advent of ascension, fastcraft, chocolate quest, dragon api, and geostrata.

I didn't have this problem until i updated from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1, and also not until I added chocolate quest and advent of ascension as well.

memangamma

Jul 29, 2019
Already scanned. Also, I have no Eldritch tab, just an Apocrypha. Do I need to grow insane(r) until I get it?
You're going to need a hefty amount of warp to unlock the eldritch tab. You can try equipping items with warping and consuming zombie brains if you don't want to do all the research.

A_Hairy_Potatoe

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, Having a strange problem I have a chunkloader setup with a DW20 Frame quarry. And it seems to me that the chunklaoder wont load the chunks I have to fly all the way to the quarry to update it and then it runs fine but after a few minutes it stops again I'm sending a WR frequency over Mystcraft Dimension. It also leaves these wierd grooves after I update it
x7KKHdk.jpg

A_Hairy_Potatoe

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, Having a strange problem I have a chunkloader setup with a DW20 Frame quarry. And it seems to me that the chunklaoder wont load the chunks I have to fly all the way to the quarry to update it and then it runs fine but after a few minutes it stops again I'm sending a WR frequency over Mystcraft Dimension. It also leaves these wierd grooves after I update it
x7KKHdk.jpg
Could it be something with ChickenChunks ?

legionite626

Jul 29, 2019
Draconic Evolution question: I've been trying to resurrect a dragon so I can finally get all of the Draconic gear and Staff of Power but I am lacking the mob souls. I have spent close to an hour killing wither skeletons with my draconic sword that are spawning from a stabilized spawner upgraded to tier 2. What are the chances of getting a soul? I also have been grinding with celebrities in a mystcraft world and yet to have any souls. Also, is there any easy way to get souls (like a specific mob) or an easy way to get the Reaper enchant.

Thanks