Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
What is this aspect, what are its component aspects, and what items might it be found on?
2015-05-20_23.51.23.jpg

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
It's the Lust aspect from Forbidden Magic. I think that maybe saddles have it? Not certain what it's made of, though.
Ah, thanks. According to a wiki it's called Luxuria, it's made of Corpus and Fames which works for me so I have discovered it now, but the wiki says it is on Rotten Flesh and that's not true in FTB Infinity. Suggestions are welcome! The only thing I've found it on so far is Ethereal Essence from wisps.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any small mod that adds a Forge Lexicon type of thing? I don't want to add all of MFR just for the Unifier.

suncin

Jul 29, 2019
I launch ftb. entered server address. but it says cant find. is ftb behind a firewall I don't know of ? if so how do I let it through to play thanks in advance

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
I launch ftb. entered server address. but it says cant find. is ftb behind a firewall I don't know of ? if so how do I let it through to play thanks in advance
what address are you entering? ftb doesnt have any offical servers or anything

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
firewall config... that's not a simple question to answer and would require more in depth discussion.

In short FTB itself doesn't have a firewall. YOUR machine could have one. The SERVER your connecting to could. But FTB itself doesn't.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Just for the hell of it I tried to set up molecular assemblers in a 'Super Soaryn Drive' manner, I did it in a vertical pattern with a green ME glass cable providing power (via quartz fibre) and a blue ME cable system connecting to the interfaces attached to the assemblers and between each set I have the p2p's. The blue lights come on every interface but they are not working - patterns placed in them are not available an items placed in them don't go to the system. Reading the cables show what is expected 1 of 8 above the p2p's and 7 of 8 below.
Is there something simple that I am doing wrong or is this not something you can do with molecular assemblers

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Just for the hell of it I tried to set up molecular assemblers in a 'Super Soaryn Drive' manner, I did it in a vertical pattern with a green ME glass cable providing power (via quartz fibre) and a blue ME cable system connecting to the interfaces attached to the assemblers and between each set I have the p2p's. The blue lights come on every interface but they are not working - patterns placed in them are not available an items placed in them don't go to the system. Reading the cables show what is expected 1 of 8 above the p2p's and 7 of 8 below.
Is there something simple that I am doing wrong or is this not something you can do with molecular assemblers
crafting requests can not be propagated through the storagebus-interface connection

only items will be visible-one way

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Just for the hell of it I tried to set up molecular assemblers in a 'Super Soaryn Drive' manner...
crafting requests can not be propagated through the storagebus-interface connection
Hm. You could set up a subnetwork that had a crafting controller, ME Interface with crafting card, and an ME interface attached to Molecular Assemblers. You'd need to get materials into it, though, so you'd need a storage bus connected to an interface that keeps the raw materials stocked. So if you wanted to craft up to 8 items that had 8 ingredients, you could do that on a single subnet. Actually that's only 4 channels, so one subnet could handle 16 items with 16 ingredients, or 8 items with 24 ingredients. I guess you could stack the subnets, as the storage bus down to the network below for accepting crafted ingredients (e.g. sticks to make axes with, planks to make chests with) would be visible via the incoming storage bus from the network above.

So you should be able to make a SSD that keeps crafted items in stock, but not for on-demand bulk crafting.

JarinArenos

Jul 29, 2019
DW20 pack, looking for a simple method to keep "Exactly X amount of A, B, and C" in an inventory. Bonus if there's a way to do this with AE, but not necessary.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
What am i doing wrong with my performance? And if i need a better computer, what is a good example computer / what is the most important ?

I run around in the hubris modpack at 10-20 fps... without any builds, from the get-go. I have 3gb allocated. Im using:

AMD A8-6600K 4 x 4000 MHz
8192MB DDR3
1000GB S-ATA II HDD
AMD Radeon HD 8570 4096 MB DVI/VGA
Windows 7 64-bit

ThTs

Jul 29, 2019
Yet another question about Infinity 1.7: There is a patch next to my base, about one chunk large and in square form, where everything is dark. The blocks there are normal and yield normal dirt or wood, but it looks just as if there is be no light. But view to the sky is unobstructed. And if I am not mistaken, it is spreading slowly. It is probably some stuff from a mod I do not know yet and might be due to some stuff below. But before I dig a big hole, I would like to know if it is worth it.

http://imgur.com/3begAO8

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Yet another question about Infinity 1.7: There is a patch next to my base, about one chunk large and in square form, where everything is dark. The blocks there are normal and yield normal dirt or wood, but it looks just as if there is be no light. But view to the sky is unobstructed. And if I am not mistaken, it is spreading slowly. It is probably some stuff from a mod I do not know yet and might be due to some stuff below. But before I dig a big hole, I would like to know if it is worth it.

http://imgur.com/3begAO8

That looks like an eerie biome.

It's a thaumcraft thing, it's spread by sinister aura nodes.

You will be able to tell if this is the case if the colour of the sky changes when you step into it. Alternately, push F3 and check the biome type :)

ThTs

Jul 29, 2019
Sky colour doesnt seem to change, but biome says eerie. Thanks!
So the wiki says i could simply punch it to destroy the node. Am I supposed to see it at the top or will I need to dig?

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
What am i doing wrong with my performance? And if i need a better computer, what is a good example computer / what is the most important ?

I run around in the hubris modpack at 10-20 fps... without any builds, from the get-go. I have 3gb allocated. Im using:

AMD A8-6600K 4 x 4000 MHz
8192MB DDR3
1000GB S-ATA II HDD
AMD Radeon HD 8570 4096 MB DVI/VGA
Windows 7 64-bit

Get an SSD, HOWEVER a hardware upgrade is the LAST resort. So here are some suggestions:

I'm unfamiliar with Hubris but a quick browse of the modlist shows it's not too large but adds quite a few world gen and mob mods(both really really bad for your CPU). Exploring and genning the world will always hurt so don't expect 120FPS while making new chunks.
Fastcraft is installed but add in Optifine too, disable "Fast Render" under "Performance" if you get flickering.
Make sure you selected "Use JVM's for fast computers" in the FTB launcher under "Advanced"
Drop your RAM to 2.0GB and only increase it once you've built a LOT and notice RAM use is getting high.
Install JAVA 8_latest 64 Bit and make sure it's selected in the launcher(also under "Advanced")
Go into your graphics card options and make sure Java is set to run on the GFX card and not internal card(unfamiliar with Radeon so can't tell you exact process but a google will show you how)