Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Or just use a second wand

Edit: ninja'd.

Triple-check that you have the 26 obsidian in place with the 9 slabs on top.

Use the same wand, make sure you're right-clicking on the middle layer of glass(sometimes makes a difference). If you're switching then the node will eat a piece of glass, an equal trade foci can definitely create a jared node. It will still take a while, gotta catch the node between it's eating pulses and there's no way to tell this(not the same as it's visual pulses).

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone type out EXACTLY what I need to use the /clearblocks command from cofh to remove all of the RCHiddenTile blocks around player ScottulusMaximus for 500 blocks(or the max distance that won't kill my server). Because this:

/cofh clearblocks {<player> <xRadius> <yRadius> <zRadius> | <xStart> <yStart> <zStart> <xEnd> <yEnd> <zEnd>} [block[#meta]] [block[#meta]] ...

is complete gibberish to me, I've no idea what brackets are supposed to remain etc
If you want to replace blocks, I don't think cofh clearblocks can do it. The closest is:
/cofh clearblocks ScottusMaximus 500 500 500 air
The command will clear any block, whether RCHiddenTile or not.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to replace blocks, I don't think cofh clearblocks can do it. The closest is:
/cofh clearblocks ScottusMaximus 500 500 500 air
The command will clear any block, whether RCHiddenTile or not.

I don't want to replace the HiddenTiles I want to delete them, the /clearblocks command can do this but I don't know the syntax

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
The HiddenTiles will be deleted, as well as anything else in a 500 block radius.

I want only the HiddenTiles to be deleted.... But I think you're confusing /clearblocks with /replaceblocks, replaceblocks will do what you're describing.

EDIT: but seeing how you wrote it gives me ideas on the syntax, I'll give it a go

Last edited:

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
A simple question: which mobs drop enchanted books? I prefer a "targeted" mobtrap where I control what spawns....

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
A simple question: which mobs drop enchanted books? I prefer a "targeted" mobtrap where I control what spawns....
I don't know of any that do it naturally. I think there is a mod that adds that to mob drop lists though.
Although, the Twilight Forest books MAY do it, but I doubt it...

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I don't know of any that do it naturally. I think there is a mod that adds that to mob drop lists though.
Although, the Twilight Forest books MAY do it, but I doubt it...
I've had them dropping in considerable frequencies in standard generic mobtraps in my RR game, so I know there's some mod that adds them. I just don't know which mods dropped them.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I've had them dropping in considerable frequencies in standard generic mobtraps in my RR game, so I know there's some mod that adds them. I just don't know which mods dropped them.
Resonant Rise? That adds a lot of mods, so it is likely that there is a mod that adds enchanted book drops.

MKilljoy

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to apologize ahead of time if it seems like I am harping on this question. But after some more testing, there HAS to have been a major config or mod change or some issue with the packs. If there is a better place to post this, please direct me there.

I wiped out all files from my server host and started clean with a FTB Infinity 1.3.4 pack. Loaded up fine and fast. No one entered the fresh world. The CPU usage was at 1-5%.
I upgraded it to a 1.4.1 pack and started the server up again. With still no one ever entering the world, the CPU usage was at 70-90% and getting lag messages in the log about too much going on - skipping X-ticks.

What more info would you need to try to find the issue? And again, if there is a better place to have this discussion, please direct me there.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I'm going to apologize ahead of time if it seems like I am harping on this question. But after some more testing, there HAS to have been a major config or mod change or some issue with the packs. If there is a better place to post this, please direct me there.

I wiped out all files from my server host and started clean with a FTB Infinity 1.3.4 pack. Loaded up fine and fast. No one entered the fresh world. The CPU usage was at 1-5%.
I upgraded it to a 1.4.1 pack and started the server up again. With still no one ever entering the world, the CPU usage was at 70-90% and getting lag messages in the log about too much going on - skipping X-ticks.

What more info would you need to try to find the issue? And again, if there is a better place to have this discussion, please direct me there.

Back up the world and disable Mystcraft to see if the issue persists. If not, it's the profiling that Mystcraft is now doing to reduce instability in its worlds.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019

Had that too... It's either fixed in 1.5.1 OR it was one of the mods I removed when I updated causing it:

Hats
Hatstand
Headcrumbs
Mystcraft

Dunno which(don't care it's fixed) but mines working fine now.

MKilljoy

Jul 29, 2019
Back up the world and disable Mystcraft to see if the issue persists. If not, it's the profiling that Mystcraft is now doing to reduce instability in its worlds.

Upgraded our world to 1.4.1 and disabled Mystcraft and the server seems to run much better. Is that 'profiling' going to be permanent or going to get refined for better performance in the future? I actually did like the mod in the Monster pack.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Upgraded our world to 1.4.1 and disabled Mystcraft and the server seems to run much better. Is that 'profiling' going to be permanent or going to get refined for better performance in the future? I actually did like the mod in the Monster pack.
The liklihood is that xComp will leave it in, until he can find a better workaround... if he sees that it is worth the effort

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
The liklihood is that xComp will leave it in, until he can find a better workaround... if he sees that it is worth the effort

The profiling runs once per world. Once it finishes it will never run again. It takes about an hour or so to complete.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
The profiling runs once per world. Once it finishes it will never run again. It takes about an hour or so to complete.
What I would like if it made a config option that disabled it and allowed you to supplie your own version of the file.
This way a pack maker only has to make it happen when he makes changes to the ore gen and it will only be needed at his side.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
So you say add Mystcraft, and then let it profile. THEN add all the mods, and it won't profile them? ;)

All the profiling does is gather information on default ore generation to prevent absurd amounts of instability from appearing in Mystcraft worlds due to the ore gen being higher than vMC. So by adding the mods after the fact you are doing nothing but shooting yourself in the foot.

Reactions: jordsta95

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to bottle up a Hungry Node using Equal Trade to replace obsidian with glass, but it's not working. Even if I whack the glass with the wand before any glass breaks, it doesn't jar up the node. Has this been made impossible? The wand has plenty of vis, and it worked on a normal node.
The way I moved mine was using teleposers from blood magic - I made a platform above the node (far enough to be out of range) using an angel block and 9 signs (3x3) that were set to break when the angel block was broken. On top of the signs I placed sand 10 high and had a wand of equal trade ready to swap the sand for obsidian. Quickly broke the angel block and dropped down to make the swap. The idea being that as the sand gets eaten the stack drops - some spaces remained but the process of completing the surrounding was easy.

I did try the jar idea but failed and died.

It is worth noting (and may have been offered here) that the easiest solution is to feed the node where it is and then taint it (which removes the hungry part) and then jar it, remembering to place shimmering plants to off set the taint. I moved mine before feeding and will be tainting an then seeing if planting silverwood trees removes the taint.