Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

macks2008

Jul 29, 2019
That'd be the Peaceful Table from Extra Utilities
that's the one! For some reason I was thinking it was from openBlocks, which is why I wasn't finding it in NEI. My first guess as to why I thought openBlocks is because it's the same sort of mod. It's mostly odds and ends that the author thought were nice additions to the game, but that don't fit into a large overall theme.
Have a like as thanks!

macks2008

Jul 29, 2019
Peaceful table from Extra Utilities is the one you are thinking off.

Another option is Bees. There are just about a bees for every mob drop out there. Requires an investment of time, but could be well worth it for a renewable source of stuff that might not be available otherwise.

I don't have any real experience with peaceful mode, but it might even be possible to acquire some mobs to capture for something like a MFR Autospawner by getting mob drops and then dropping them on the ground near bees with the Resurrection Effect(spawns mobs "back to life" from mob drops).
forgive my bluntness, but I can tell you don't have experience, because that second alternate solution would not work, on account of peaceful mode automatically despawning any mobs the game considers "hostile". I believe it's definition of hostile, in this case, is any mobs that actively target the player without being hit first. Whatever it's definition is, it excludes hobgoblins from Witchery.
The alternate solution almost certainly works just fine, considering the sheer number of bees added by various mods.

Reactions: rhn

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Is it possible to "merge" multiple MFFS force fields to create a single unbroken interior out of multiple shapes?
Maybe... there certainly *used* to be an upgrade/module/whatsitcalled that does exactly that, but I don't know if you're using a version that has it. I know Direwolf used it in a couple of his LPs.

I don't remember what it's called, though. Poke through NEI to see if there's anything that looks like a module to do what you want. Do note that it might only work if you've got a Security Station set up, with all relevant projectors connected to it.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
if you using logistics pipes htere, I'm assuming you are exporting ore to that ender chest btw here.

I'd suggest a Provider Pipe on the ender chest, and suppliers on the extractors.

EDIT:
If you extracting into the Logistics pipes network, ore will spill if it has no destination to go to. Hence why I suggest the provider/supplier combo instead.

In short LP works mostly on two combos, Extractor/Destination (Basic) pipes, and Provider/Supplier or Requester. Crafting pipes can act as both provider and a requester.

Extractors attempt ot move to a valid Destination, or the default route if not availble. If there is no room it goes to default rote, if if that's full or non existant it simply spills. The Module version is a little less spill prone if you use the extractor module as well (and extractor mk3 is fast).

Providers allow the Request or Supplier Pipes to access items in the inventory they attached to. As mentioned a Crafting pipe acts as both here, but all it really does is place the items in and wait for the designated output to appear in the inventory.

Supplier and basic pipes (together, because I think that is how the crafted flakes are to get out) only made the system draw ores and spit them out; not one got into the extractor. I was considering an emerald pipe, but it will consantly pump items in, rather than just the 1 I want in, at all times. Maybe a provider pipe on the chest and a supply pipe on the extractor?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
If you are going to use LP to get flakes out, I'd suggest a supplier pipe supplying ore to the extractor, via a provider pipe on the ender chest (or a chassis with a Provider Module), a Chassis with an Extractor module in it (if this extractor is running at anywhere near full speed, you'll probibly need a mk3 Extractor to keep up), and a basic pipe or chassis pipe with an Itemsink Module, to sink the flakes into their destination. I wouldn't recommend this being a furnace unless your furnace can keep up with your extractor.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
If you are going to use LP to get flakes out, I'd suggest a supplier pipe supplying ore to the extractor, via a provider pipe on the ender chest (or a chassis with a Provider Module), a Chassis with an Extractor module in it (if this extractor is running at anywhere near full speed, you'll probibly need a mk3 Extractor to keep up), and a basic pipe or chassis pipe with an Itemsink Module, to sink the flakes into their destination. I wouldn't recommend this being a furnace unless your furnace can keep up with your extractor.

I don't know about half the things you mentioned, but by their names, it makes sense. Again, need to get home and do some sciencing. Thanks for the tips!

devilcat76

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, thanks.

Supplemental question: is there a "trashcan for fluids"? I seem to remember there being a Void Pipe for BC but I think that was a BC add-on and I'm not using BC at the moment.
The TE Nullifier will do fluids or items, also the AE2 Condenser though that's more turning it into something else than destroying. Sure there are a couple others, but drawing a blank at the moment.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ah, thanks.

Supplemental question: is there a "trashcan for fluids"? I seem to remember there being a Void Pipe for BC but I think that was a BC add-on and I'm not using BC at the moment.
The BC Void pipe is part of BC proper.
You can also use the Extra Cells Fluid Void.

But why not actually use the Sludge Boiler? It wont reward you with diamonds or the likes, but it is not that bad a deal. Renewable source of clay, dirt, sand etc. for a very low price.

forgive my bluntness, but I can tell you don't have experience, because that second alternate solution would not work, on account of peaceful mode automatically despawning any mobs the game considers "hostile". I believe it's definition of hostile, in this case, is any mobs that actively target the player without being hit first. Whatever it's definition is, it excludes hobgoblins from Witchery.
The alternate solution almost certainly works just fine, considering the sheer number of bees added by various mods.
Yeah had a suspicion about such a measure being in place, hence the "don't have any experience with peaceful mode" and "might work" part.
But after just reading up on it, yeah you are right. All mobs but passive, wolves, iron golems and ender dragon are instantly despawned after being spawned.

Last edited:

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
The BC Void pipe is part of BC proper.

But why not actually use the Sludge Boiler? It wont reward you with diamonds or the likes, but it is not that bad a deal. Renewable source of clay, dirt, sand etc. for a very low price.

Cheap...but it does bite!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Make it self-sustaining and bury the bloody thing under concrete.
Or make a power switch to toggle it off out of its range before going in.

But yeah I recently just set some up and I just placed them deep enough below the floor level to make sure I don't get poisoned when walking up above. And if I need to modify it there are plenty of things that will keep me safe. Personally my Quantum helmet keeps me dispelled and fed well enough to not worry about it.
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...ide-collection-etc.42664/page-39#post-1121132

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Maybe... there certainly *used* to be an upgrade/module/whatsitcalled that does exactly that, but I don't know if you're using a version that has it. I know Direwolf used it in a couple of his LPs.

I don't remember what it's called, though. Poke through NEI to see if there's anything that looks like a module to do what you want. Do note that it might only work if you've got a Security Station set up, with all relevant projectors connected to it.
Ahh found it! The "Field Fusion Module". Perfect, does exactly what I wanted it to do.
Thanks

xXBloodGhostXx

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, help...I am in deep trouble, the BC assembly tables don't show recipes in NEI... I downloaded Quarry plus and i wanted to make quarry plus, and no recipes shown.....Plz help.