Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

legionite626

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, Bickers. I downloaded nbt explorer and opened it up. It shows my saves but I don't see the save for my FTB Infinity world.

Edit: I was able to get my Infinity world into it but under data there is no stronghold file.

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, Bickers. I downloaded nbt explorer and opened it up. It shows my saves but I don't see the save for my FTB Infinity world.

Edit: I was able to get my Infinity world into it but under data there is no stronghold file.
if its empty none have spawned you sure you didn't disable generating of structures when you created to world?

Reactions: legionite626

legionite626

Jul 29, 2019
I'm positive that I generated structures. I've never disabled that in my life on any worlds.

Edit: I found it. Major derp on my part. Wasn't looking at the saves in my Curse folder. Thanks for all the help Bickers

Last edited:

xXBloodGhostXx

Jul 29, 2019
Please, guys, can you help me? I need a lot of your help, because i have this problem 2 years, because i vvant edit modpack but i have problem:
VVhen i start modpack (Tekkit classic reborn, this is not my modpack just i vvant to edit) and vvhen i press launch no action going.... Just no screens opening....This is my all mods i edited into this modpack:
http://imgur.com/cFcTg0o,q00lIkp,8xAAGoV,Y70DGz9#0

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Please, guys, can you help me? I need a lot of your help, because i have this problem 2 years, because i vvant edit modpack but i have problem:
VVhen i start modpack (Tekkit classic reborn, this is not my modpack just i vvant to edit) and vvhen i press launch no action going.... Just no screens opening....This is my all mods i edited into this modpack:
http://imgur.com/cFcTg0o,q00lIkp,8xAAGoV,Y70DGz9#0
If you go to the mod pack's instance folder, there should be a folder called crash-reports. If there are files in there, put the most recent file's contents onto pastebin, and link that here, and I'll have a look :)
Honestly, the mods alone is not enough to help us out, as it could be a conflict between mods, or it could be that you are missing a coremod/dependency why we don't know about.

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, just installed Forge 1366, and any time I try to run it, it "crashed" to the desktop. The reason I say "crash" is because all I get is game out put. Something tells me it has to do with this "An error occurred trying to configure the minecraft home" anyone know what that means? http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/e1821f28 here's what I got after trying to launch. Also, I've ran Forge 1366 before on the curse client, so that's not it.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Can any of you think of a way to automate the spectrolus from botania with ONLY Steve's factory manager? I have been trying to come up with a way to automate it like this for ages, but nothing. The reason I want to do it this way is mostly because, its easy to make it compact and the camoflauge blocks come in handy.

FYI the spectrolus is a generating flower from botania which eats up wool of different colors in order of the Minecraft spectrum of colors. The catch is it will eat up any color of wool instantly but only generates mana from the wool color its asking for.

So far I have come up with an idea in which the item valve from sfm drops a piece of white wool onto a glass block connected to an extended sticky piston to block a direct line of fire from the item valve to the spectrolus as it eats up wool instantly. There is then a condition which says if there is white wool do two things:
1.emit a redtone signal to remove the glass block, note this Redstone signal is also connected to a Redstone receiver from sfm.
2.this is connected to another condition which says if there is NO Redstone signal on the receiver i.e. if glass block is blocking the spectrolus, then push the next wool, orange.

This continuous on for all the wool colors and cycles back to white.

I am not sure how this will work as the speed of the piston is unreliable and the wool colors may fall in together. So I am looking for a better idea.

Note: my Redstone signal is connected to a NOTgate so that's what I mean when I imply that a Redstone signal causes the piston to retract

Thanks in advance:)

Edit: big post eh?
Does the FOR loop block in SFM have an option to run one iteration each time it's triggered? If so, the simplest way to fuel a Spectrolus would be to do the following:
  1. Set up sixteen barrels/caches/whatever, one for each color of wool. Don't put anything in them yet.
  2. Put a chest somewhere connected to the Manager and put exactly one block of each color of wool in it in the right order.
  3. Configure the white variable to point to all of the barrels.
  4. Configure the orange variable (or any other variable, for that matter) to be empty by default.
  5. Set up your FOR block as you would normally, except check the "One iteration per trigger" option.
  6. ABOVE the FOR block, place an Input block tied to the chest.
  7. On the side of the FOR block, attach an Output tied to the orange variable.
  8. Trigger the Manager 16 times. This *should* put each wool block into its own barrel, in the order that the FOR block loops through them.
  9. Make sure that the colors in these barrels never change. If you're using JABBA barrels, the easiest way to do this is to lock them.
  10. Now, hook up whatever automation you're using to fill the barrels. This could be another trigger in your Machine Inventory Manager, or itemducts, or anything else.
  11. Remove the Input and Output blocks. They were just there temporarily to fill the barrels.
  12. Attach an Input block to the side of the FOR block tied to the orange variable. Set it to extract one item at a time.
  13. Attach an Output block to the bottom of the FOR block tied to your Item Valve. This may need to go under the Input block on the side of the FOR block; I haven't tested it.
  14. Make sure the Item Valve drops the items where the Spectrolus can reach them.
Now, you setup *should* be ready to go. You'll probably want to test this setup by removing the Spectrolus and letting the SFM thing run, making sure it spits out the right colors of wool in the right order, then manually triggering it until the next wool to be spat out is White.

Disclaimer: I have not tested this setup. I think it will work if that one option in the FOR block exists, but I don't know for sure.

Gotolei

Jul 29, 2019
mJhs2i3.png

I'm at a loss here.
Itemducts, ExU transfer nodes, translocaters, SFM... nothing seems to be able to extract from either the casting basin or casting table.

Was it nerfed in the past couple months or something?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
mJhs2i3.png

I'm at a loss here.
Itemducts, ExU transfer nodes, translocaters, SFM... nothing seems to be able to extract from either the casting basin or casting table.

I have always pulled from underneath, like putting a hopper below. Try that?

Reactions: Psychicash

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
mJhs2i3.png

I'm at a loss here.

I've always used a hopper right under the basin to a chest, if you need it further use pipes from the chest. I haven't found another way

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
mJhs2i3.png

I'm at a loss here.

I always thought they only extracted from the bottom of the casting basin...

EDIT: Double ninja'd!

Gotolei

Jul 29, 2019
http://i.imgur.com/iET8bLU.png
(yes, the hopper is facing into the chest)

No luck :/ I've always done itemducts from the bottom (which is what wasn't working in my survival world just now), but apparently Genesis 1.2.1 is too special for that?
Even went into SFM and set it to extract from all sides, still nothing.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
what pack are you using?

Did you place that in the basin manually? or did you pour it?

EDIT: also is the entire smeltry (basins and all) chunk loaded? I've heard of that causing issues especially if the smeltry splits the chunk line. I don't understand it but I've heard that cuases issues.

Reactions: Gotolei

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Might be disabled in the pack... Or just a bug. Try an autonomous activator.

If that doesn't work use a dynamism tablet. If that doesn't work then it's almost certainly blocked on purpose

Gotolei

Jul 29, 2019
Tested around some more, and apparently it does indeed need to have just finished casting something for any transport system to grab it.

Could've sworn it worked differently in the past, since that's how I test the lines before putting expensive things (such as entire blocks of metal) through them, but at least it's not broken..

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Tested around some more, and apparently it does indeed need to have just finished casting something for any transport system to grab it.

Could've sworn it worked differently in the past, since that's how I test the lines before putting expensive things (such as entire blocks of metal) through them, but at least it's not broken..
Hooray! Glad you got it sorted :) I must admit, I've never tried placing something into a casting basin, but I know that when you, for example, place a mould on a casting table with a hopper underneath, the mould isn't taken by the hopper, so there is precedent for that.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
mJhs2i3.png

I'm at a loss here.

did you place in the block or was it cast, placed items don't get pulled out. only the results of casts can be pulled out.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame