Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I've been searching for a stronghold for the last 30 minutes in FTB Infinity and I am having no luck. The eye of ender trick doesn't work so I am mining away with a hammer around y level 30 in large areas and not finding anything. Any advice? I really need to get to the end to progress in Draconic Evolution. Thanks
as a last resort you could check the chunk its in with a program like nbt explorer

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I have just had to restore from a backup file after a power outage and discovered my baubles are missing, wings and fire resistance etc. Any way to recover them, it appears the baubles are stored in a folder away from the save file.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
This is probably a bit of a daft question, but I'll go ahead: are there any mods that add a compass? Not one that points to spawn, but to true North? I know you can just press F3, but I'm thinking of in-game orienteering using maps and stuff (conceptual idea I'm pondering for a modpack)?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
This is probably a bit of a daft question, but I'll go ahead: are there any mods that add a compass? Not one that points to spawn, but to true North? I know you can just press F3, but I'm thinking of in-game orienteering using maps and stuff (conceptual idea I'm pondering for a modpack)?
As in an item? Not that I know of, other than the pointer on vanilla maps. The ones on Twilight Forest maps seem to be pretty flaky, although I admit to not having tested vanilla maps in a long time.

As a HUD element? Basically every minimap mod out there. OPIS/Mapwriter and Journeymap seem to be popular nowadays.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
As in an item? Not that I know of, other than the pointer on vanilla maps. The ones on Twilight Forest maps seem to be pretty flaky, although I admit to not having tested vanilla maps in a long time.

As a HUD element? Basically every minimap mod out there. OPIS/Mapwriter and Journeymap seem to be popular nowadays.
Yes, I was thinking as an item - so taking a similar route to Regrowth (at least at the beginning) and having no minimap.

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having issues with Forge 1366 and up with the Curse Client? I tried 1366 the other day, and put the mods in, and it didn't even load any configs. http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/1f1583b4 for trying to load 1366, and This is what I get if I try to load Forge 1389
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/logging/log4j/Level
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:94)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.logging.log4j.Level
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:372)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:361)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:360)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
... 2 more
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having issues with Forge 1366 and up with the Curse Client? I tried 1366 the other day, and put the mods in, and it didn't even load any configs. http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/1f1583b4 for trying to load 1366, and This is what I get if I try to load Forge 1389
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/logging/log4j/Level
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:94)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.logging.log4j.Level
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:372)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:361)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:360)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
... 2 more
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0
You're using Java 8, and permgen setting. These were removed in java 8

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
You're using Java 8, and permgen setting. These were removed in java 8
thank you. Didn't think I was though... *shrugs* (Edit) Not that, removed the PermSize from the arguments and it still does the same thing. Could it be a mod looking for Java 8?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
thank you. Didn't think I was though... *shrugs* (Edit) Not that, removed the PermSize from the arguments and it still does the same thing. Could it be a mod looking for Java 8?
Hmm.... Looked at the full log you posted, which wasn't very full may I add, and what you posted in the spoiler was not relevant at all...

In the log, you have
Code:
[LIST=1]
[*]Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.IFMLLoadingPlugin
[*]        at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:191) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
[*]        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
[*]        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
[*]        ... 23 more
[*]Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
[*]        at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:182) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
[*]        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
[*]        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
[*]        ... 23 more
[/LIST]
Which suggests that you are missing a mod. But I have no idea what, as I said, that log is ugly, and doesn't give much in terms of detail

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm.... Looked at the full log you posted, which wasn't very full may I add, and what you posted in the spoiler was not relevant at all...

In the log, you have
Code:
[LIST=1]
[*]Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.IFMLLoadingPlugin
[*]        at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:191) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
[*]        ... 23 more
[*]Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
[*]        at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:182) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
[*]        ... 23 more
[/LIST]
Which suggests that you are missing a mod. But I have no idea what, as I said, that log is ugly, and doesn't give much in terms of detail
I found
Code:
[08:17:59] [main/TRACE] [FML/]: Found FMLCorePluginContainsFMLMod marker in Aroma1997Core-1.8-1.0.3.4.jar, it will be examined later for regular @Mod instances
[08:17:59] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Instantiating coremod class CoreMod
[08:17:59] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraftforge/fml/relauncher/IFMLLoadingPlugin
which suggests to me that you've accidentally installed AromaBackup's 1.8 version, instead of 1.7.

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
I found
Code:
[08:17:59] [main/TRACE] [FML/]: Found FMLCorePluginContainsFMLMod marker in Aroma1997Core-1.8-1.0.3.4.jar, it will be examined later for regular @Mod instances
[08:17:59] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraftforge/fml/relauncher/IFMLLoadingPlugin
which suggests to me that you've accidentally installed AromaBackup's 1.8 version, instead of 1.7.
that might be it, if so THANK you! (Edit) That's what it was... got it off the Curse Client, and it downloaded 1.8. xD going though the mods, there are a couple of 1.8 mods lol

Last edited:

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I found
Code:
Ahhh. I am terrible when it comes to reading walls of texts :p

that might be it, if so THANK you! (Edit) That's what it was... got it off the Curse Client, and it downloaded 1.8. xD
#BlameCurse2015

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
I got it to load and it said it needed IC2, I at least double checked the mod list, and it took me to type the mods into a list my self to realize I had CompactSolars! xD

Niidikene

Jul 29, 2019
How i can disable one of my graphic cards?
My graphic card: AMD Radeon(TM) HD 7660G + 7600MDual Graphics.
Witch one i need to disable?
Thank you! =)

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
I think I know why the "Java 1.8" problems were occurring. I updated Curse, and found out that the default Java path, above the Java arguments, leads to a Java 1.8! I'm still on Java 1.7, so that might be why. lol

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
With that being said, I need to know how to change this C:\Users\Comp\Documents\Curse\Minecraft\Install\runtime\jre-x64\1.8.0_25\bin to have something like this C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Is there a way to clear up my isotope centrifuge so I get more enriched uranium and less thorium?

Thorium is pants and I don't likes it.

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I JUST built a blaze farm (using powered spawner) that kills the blazes with water (classic blaze farm). However, I am not getting any blaze rods, only sulphur. Is there some change that makes it so that a player must kill a blaze to get a blaze rod??

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Ok, so I JUST built a blaze farm (using powered spawner) that kills the blazes with water (classic blaze farm). However, I am not getting any blaze rods, only sulphur. Is there some change that makes it so that a player must kill a blaze to get a blaze rod??

Not that i'm aware of. I've utilised an MFR grinder to kill blazes coming out of a vanilla blaze spawner and it happily collects blaze rods.

Maybe it's something to do with the water?