Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Rathengar

Jul 29, 2019
It shouldn't break anything, but if it does you can always post a crashlog and we can help you figure out why it doesn't work. Just make sure if you add RotaryCraft to add DragonAPI :)

Okay thank you very much, i just thought the "number tags" on each item could make problems if two (or more) mods choose to use same numbers for a item they created.

So basicly i can add any mods i find desirefull then ? or should i still be aware of something specific ?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Okay thank you very much, i just thought the "number tags" on each item could make problems if two (or more) mods choose to use same numbers for a item they created.

So basicly i can add any mods i find desirefull then ? or should i still be aware of something specific ?
This was an issue in 1.6 and prior due to mod ids, the only thing that may cause issues is biome/potion/enchantment IDs, although it is rare you see anything but the biome conflict, and if you see it you won't get a crash, but a message in game (assuming the mod tells you) and then you will know where to look, and if not, you can always ask :)

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
This was an issue in 1.6 and prior due to mod ids, the only thing that may cause issues is biome/potion/enchantment IDs, although it is rare you see anything but the biome conflict, and if you see it you won't get a crash, but a message in game (assuming the mod tells you) and then you will know where to look, and if not, you can always ask :)
No note that RotaryCraft and Reika's other mods track all the IDs they use, and WILL crash if there's a conflict. This isn't the default behavior for mods, though; if, say, Biomes o'Plenty and Twilight Forest try to share a biome ID, you could end up with impenetrable TF thornlands in the Overworld.

If you add Reika's mods and it crashes, look near the bottom of the log. If it says something about Rotarycraft was installed incorrectly, this is not a bug, there's a conflict between <insert RoC potion/enchant/biome here> and <insert another mod's potion/enchant/biome here>, go into your <insert pack here>/minecraft/config/Reika folder, open RotaryCraft.cfg, find the conflicting ID, and change it. You may also want to look at the other mod's config file to see which IDs are already in use.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
No note that RotaryCraft and Reika's other mods track all the IDs they use, and WILL crash if there's a conflict. This isn't the default behavior for mods, though; if, say, Biomes o'Plenty and Twilight Forest try to share a biome ID, you could end up with impenetrable TF thornlands in the Overworld.

If you add Reika's mods and it crashes, look near the bottom of the log. If it says something about Rotarycraft was installed incorrectly, this is not a bug, there's a conflict between <insert RoC potion/enchant/biome here> and <insert another mod's potion/enchant/biome here>, go into your <insert pack here>/minecraft/config/Reika folder, open RotaryCraft.cfg, find the conflicting ID, and change it. You may also want to look at the other mod's config file to see which IDs are already in use.
I did not know that :O

Rathengar

Jul 29, 2019
Thank both of you :)

I will try it out. If it doesn work proberly, i'll come back crying while i comfort myself with cookies and hot cholate drink. To try calm down and find a solution o_O

Reactions: jordsta95

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Thank both of you :)

I will try it out. If it doesn work proberly, i'll come back crying while i comfort myself with cookies and hot cholate drink. To try calm down and find a solution o_O
Also do note that by default there will be at least few conflicts regarding potion and biome IDs (at least with Witchery/BoP), so don't get depressed when you install it and it crashes.

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, get this... I went to eat something, and before I ate I got a crash in which it wouldn't let me on a world, and when I got back "A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment" upon startup. Didn't change ANYTHING... Also, FTBPaste is being stubborn and not letting me post stuff... (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, get this... I went to eat something, and before I ate I got a crash in which it wouldn't let me on a world, and when I got back "A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment" upon startup. Didn't change ANYTHING... Also, FTBPaste is being stubborn and not letting me post stuff... (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻
We need the log. Put it on pastebin or paste.ee when FTBPaste isn't working. And as before, the fastest way to get your answer is on the FTB IRC.

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
Would building more specialty bases distanced from each other instead of having one big base help with lag?

All of my machines and power gen are in one base as well as a few other things and it feels a bit laggy around my base so I'm wondering if building small bases for my power gen and my mystcraft/enchanting somewhere a good distance away would reduce the lag in my main base? I still have to setup processing and sorting systems in the main base which isn't really going to help with the lag either. D:

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Depends what you mean by lag. If you're just experiencing framerate lag, then yes, splitting things up so that your client is only rendering some things at a time should help a lot. Another thing that will help is building in a void age.

Reactions: ZeCowMan

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Would building more specialty bases distanced from each other instead of having one big base help with lag?

All of my machines and power gen are in one base as well as a few other things and it feels a bit laggy around my base so I'm wondering if building small bases for my power gen and my mystcraft/enchanting somewhere a good distance away would reduce the lag in my main base? I still have to setup processing and sorting systems in the main base which isn't really going to help with the lag either. D:
Yeah it helps a lot. Make sure it is at least 200ish+ blocks apart. Mystcraft/enchanting area will probably not impact the bases fps that much, but if you build them off site you will at least get better fps while you are there doing mystcraft/enchanting :p But anything that is constantly being actively processed like powergen, oreprocessing, farms, spawners etc. you could benefit from splitting up.

Recently just did it myself by putting all oreprocessing(Mekanism and GT) 800+ blocks away from my main base in an underwater "satellite" base.
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...uide-collection-etc.42664/page-35#post-948781
I am still getting poor fps both places(cannot be helped with the tech complexity I like to build) but it would undoubtedly be even worse if it was all together.

Reactions: ZeCowMan

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah it helps a lot. Make sure it is at least 200ish+ blocks apart. Mystcraft/enchanting area will probably not impact the bases fps that much, but if you build them off site you will at least get better fps while you are there doing mystcraft/enchanting :p But anything that is constantly being actively processed like powergen, oreprocessing, farms, spawners etc. you could benefit from splitting up.

Recently just did it myself by putting all oreprocessing(Mekanism and GT) 800+ blocks away from my main base in an underwater "satellite" base.
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...uide-collection-etc.42664/page-35#post-948781
I am still getting poor fps both places(cannot be helped with the tech complexity I like to build) but it would undoubtedly be even worse if it was all together.

Firstly.. Holy crap. Your builds are insane!

But yeah, good to know. I'm still pretty early on in my world so it'll be easy to move stuff. I have a bunch of cool terrain gen marked on my map so this will give me something to do with them.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013

You need to learn how to Hawkwind your Colin.

Distribute functions across multiple dimensions. Mystcraft is great for this, failing that you can just use the Nether, the End and the Twilight Forest.

Reactions: PhilHibbs

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
You need to learn how to Hawkwind your Colin.

Distribute functions across multiple dimensions. Mystcraft is great for this, failing that you can just use the Nether, the End and the Twilight Forest.
I would greatly prefer keeping each part in different sections of the same dimension to avoid having to load multiple dimensions and having to constantly dimension jump to get to each part. Both usually have rather negative side effects to both server and clients in the long run.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
On the topic of lag - I am playing the DW20 1.7.10 pack and had a lot of lag, I disabled Journeymap and it was a lot better but I got lost a few times so I enabled the other map option that is disabled by default but included in the pack (can't recall the name, could be mapwriter or may be part of opis) and it has been good for a week or so.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I just got some tartarite bolts out of a reward bag that has necrotic lvl 2 on them. Will life leech work on a range weapon?

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
On the topic of lag - I am playing the DW20 1.7.10 pack and had a lot of lag, I disabled Journeymap and it was a lot better but I got lost a few times so I enabled the other map option that is disabled by default but included in the pack (can't recall the name, could be mapwriter or may be part of opis) and it has been good for a week or so.
I'm not sure if it's enabled yet, but you can try and add Fastcraft to dw20 1.7. It is now in the Infinity pack.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I'm not sure if it's enabled yet, but you can try and add Fastcraft to dw20 1.7. It is now in the Infinity pack.

Fastcraft has also been in DW20 since the version released after Infinity came out. You may want to use the "Edit Modpack" button to verify that it is enabled.

The latest betas for both Infinity (1.3.2) and DW20 (1.2.0) have a real lag issue, if you want to see one... beat on a block for a couple of minutes and it keeps reappearing, tools take damage then lose it when the blocks reappear, etc.