Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hi there
i'm playing Agrarian Skies 3.1.x actually alone on my "HomeSweetHome"-Island
actually i'm in the pretty good mid-game.

how can i arrange it, that my Girlfriend can play now together with me?
i'm not familiar with the minecraft servers yet
The simplest(but also limited) way:
If you are on the same LAN network you can press ESC from inside the world and "Open up to LAN" to allow her to join. She would have to click the Multiplayer button and join the one that pops up. Of course you would have to be playing for her to play this way.

What exactly will happen with the whole HQM deal however I do not know. That is out of my expertise.

RazielTheFallen

Jul 29, 2019
The simplest(but also limited) way:
If you are on the same LAN network you can press ESC from inside the world and "Open up to LAN" to allow her to join. She would have to click the Multiplayer button and join the one that pops up. Of course you would have to be playing for her to play this way.

What exactly will happen with the whole HQM deal however I do not know. That is out of my expertise.

thanks for the quick answer.
...hmm. she is definetly not in the same Area.

i want to play with her when she is 11.000km away.
the question is can i settle my world on a server or so and play with her, or do i have to start new game.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
thanks for the quick answer.
...hmm. she is definetly not in the same Area.

i want to play with her when she is 11.000km away.
the question is can i settle my world on a server or so and play with her, or do i have to start new game.
I am not familiar with Agrarian Skies so something special might apply. Such as special player save data etc. for the HQM. But yeah usually it is easy enough to upload a world onto a server. It is usually easier to browse generated worlds in single player before settling on a world you want and then upload it to the server. The worlds in the saves folder is the same as for a server. Just make sure the folder is named correctly according to the server configs.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
How can I add custom music to minecraft's title screen? Is there a way to do this with CustomMainMenu or a resourcepack?

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
I know I've asked this before but I didn't really get an answer.

In Twilight Forest, is the player marker on the magic map supposed to spaz out and continuously point in random directions or is that a bug? Has anyone else ran into this problem?

This question is more out of curiosity since I've already been working around it for a while so it's not really important if I fix it or not. I'd just like to know what's up with it.

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, same here. I've just been using the TF map to get my location and the pointer on my minimap for the direction. Annoying, but it works.

That's what I do as well.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one. :p At first I thought it could be a part of TF's progression but I'm up to the dark forest so it's probably just a bug.

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
h3TZeC6.jpg

Should I be using facades or something to change this into a single line rather than this? I could see this setup causing lag as at each junction items would have to decide where to go.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
You're using Thermal Dynamics, right? It shouldn't be a problem, then.

If you want to make sure, you could replace those itemducts with the transparent version and see if there's actually items bouncing around or not. TD itemducts are a lot smarter than their TE and Redpower predecessors- the servos won't normally send more items than can fit in the barrels, so you shouldn't have any trouble.

However, facades probably won't disconnect them as you seem to think. You can wrench the space between two ducts to disconnect them, though.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
You're using Thermal Dynamics, right? It shouldn't be a problem, then.

If you want to make sure, you could replace those itemducts with the transparent version and see if there's actually items bouncing around or not. TD itemducts are a lot smarter than their TE and Redpower predecessors- the servos won't normally send more items than can fit in the barrels, so you shouldn't have any trouble.

However, facades probably won't disconnect them as you seem to think. You can wrench the space between two ducts to disconnect them, though.
those are ExU pipes not Itemducts

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
those are ExU pipes not Itemducts
They look thicker than XU transfer pipes to me, although he's using a texture pack, so it's hard to tell. @kleshas can confirm, though.

If those are transfer pipes, there are three options:
- Use a stick (some mods' wrenches may also work) to make the pipes one-way and prevent the transfer node from searching backward.
- Use Forge Microblock covers to disconnect pipes that create loops.
- Or, just put a Breadth First Search upgrade in the all transfer nodes connected to the pipe network. This will force them to visit nearer pipes first, then move to more distant pipes, without much regard to how they're connected.

You can also put a glowstone dust in the transfer node to see what they're doing.

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
They look thicker than XU transfer pipes to me, although he's using a texture pack, so it's hard to tell. @kleshas can confirm, though.

If those are transfer pipes, there are three options:
- Use a stick (some mods' wrenches may also work) to make the pipes one-way and prevent the transfer node from searching backward.
- Use Forge Microblock covers to disconnect pipes that create loops.
- Or, just put a Breadth First Search upgrade in the all transfer nodes connected to the pipe network. This will force them to visit nearer pipes first, then move to more distant pipes, without much regard to how they're connected.

You can also put a glowstone dust in the transfer node to see what they're doing.
They are exU pipes, yes. Nice trick with the glowstone :).
I was asking about the potential lag, but it doesn't matter - I'm using the new itemducts now.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
They are exU pipes, yes. Nice trick with the glowstone :).
I was asking about the potential lag, but it doesn't matter - I'm using the new itemducts now.
To my understanding, transfer pipes are very CPU-friendly no matter what you do. However, if you have branches in your lines of pipes, unupgrades and Depth First Search transfer nodes will choose a random direction at each branch. If you have loops, the node will bounce around randomly and may take a very long time to get to the more distant barrels. But it won't lag your computer- just sort items slowly.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
To my understanding, transfer pipes are very CPU-friendly no matter what you do. However, if you have branches in your lines of pipes, unupgrades and Depth First Search transfer nodes will choose a random direction at each branch. If you have loops, the node will bounce around randomly and may take a very long time to get to the more distant barrels. But it won't lag your computer- just sort items slowly.
I dont think it is by default that bad processing resources wise. It is only when people throw in a gazillion speed upgrades etc. because they want their bad setup to go faster it goes horribly wrong.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
picking a branch is just rolling a random number, the actual testing of the inventory is much more expensive, routing the pipes without branches and one way connections and filter pipes will make it so much more efficient

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Is development of Mystcraft and development of these new "Dimlets" related in any way? Sorry I don't know which mod Dimlets come from (edit: it's RFTools mod) but I'm seeing them in new modpacks. Specifically I briefly played the beginning of the 3rd-party pack "Pathfinder" yesterday, and Dimlets are featured prominently in the very first quests, as is "dimension building". As I read thru the manual (the in-game book you receive), I couldn't help but notice how it seemed like an exact copy of Mystcraft, except instead of pages, they're using these dimlet things. Just curious if the developer is the same people or something like that. If not, there's an awful lot of copying of ideas goin' on!

Last edited:

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Is development of Mystcraft and development of these new "Dimlets" related in any way? Sorry I don't know which mod Dimlets come from (edit: it's RFTools mod) but I'm seeing them in new modpacks. Specifically I briefly played the beginning of the 3rd-party pack "Pathfinder" yesterday, and Dimlets are featured prominently in the very first quests, as is "dimension building". As I read thru the manual (the in-game book you receive), I couldn't help but notice how it seemed like an exact copy of Mystcraft, except instead of pages, they're using these dimlets. Just curious if the developer is the same people or something like that. If not, there's an awful lot of copying of ideas goin' on!
Rftools has similar features to Mystcraft, however it uses RF to keep dimensions powered. And @Gideonseymour really loves the mod, so he made it an integral part of Pathfinder.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Rftools has similar features to Mystcraft, however it uses RF to keep dimensions powered. And @Gideonseymour really loves the mod, so he made it an integral part of Pathfinder.

I guess it's not easy to make two mods that do the same thing appear totally different. But dimlets seem exactly analagous to pages, and the dimension builder process seems exactly analagous to the book binding process. The addition of an RF cost is certainly a good thing in my opinion, but the core mechanics seems literally identical to mystcraft's. My main complaint (and it's more of an opinion than anything) was that it didn't seem to make sense that I could build the dialer and teleporter out of wood planks, wood slabs and a few iron ingots. I felt like I should be stuck in the dimension for years, until I had the means to build what should be very complicated machines (but they weren't). But I guess I take things to literally sometimes. Just my 2 cent opinion (all that it's really worth).