Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Well I wanted to have it just cut through lava instead of getting stuck. The random patches of lava don't really look that appealing

It won't get stuck as long as it's cruising along above the landscape, but you will get unsightly lava flows left behind. There's not much you can do about that, unless maybe you mount something that pours water down behind it to solidify the lava. Flowing water is pretty laggy though.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
It won't get stuck as long as it's cruising along above the landscape, but you will get unsightly lava flows left behind. There's not much you can do about that, unless maybe you mount something that pours water down behind it to solidify the lava. Flowing water is pretty laggy though.
Or you have pumps going through your quarry (i haven't tried this)
place pumps above your quarry, about 5 blocks apart from each other, and power them. They will drop down with the quarry (I think) and suck up lava sources, as long as it is touching the flowing version (I THINK), but there's probably a way to do this using something other than the BC pump (which is what I am thinking of)

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
if you use DW20's drawbridge framequarry setup you could use another drawbridge to deploy pumps to suck up the lava but thats not really that important... if you want to clean up do it manually ;P (use the void bucket from botania as an example)

Reactions: yotus

Crazya994

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question, How do I go on about resetting the DEEP DARK? is it the same as resetting the end? by deleting the dimension file if so which file is for the end and the Deep dark? so I wont screw up... I'm using a server for FTB infinity! Thank you

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question, How do I go on about resetting the DEEP DARK? is it the same as resetting the end? by deleting the dimension file if so which file is for the end and the Deep dark? so I wont screw up... I'm using a server for FTB infinity! Thank you
Yep

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone code up a quick demo of how to save a variable to a file and read it back? I can't wrap my head around it and my internets being to slow to watch any tutorials.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone code up a quick demo of how to save a variable to a file and read it back? I can't wrap my head around it and my internets being to slow to watch any tutorials.
Variable? In Minetweaker?

var <name> = <modid>;

e.g.
var diamond = <minecraft:diamond>;

Or do you mean for an actual mod?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Read this:
http://computercraft.info/wiki/Fs.open

In general what you want to do is:
Code:
local handlename = fs.open("filename", w)
handlename.write("stringtwrittentofile")
handlename.close()

local handlename = fs.open("filename", r)
local stringfromfile = handlename.readLine()
handlename.close()

timtwins

Jul 29, 2019
I have my nei subsets on recipe mode. When I shift left click the question mark in the gui it doesn't auto fill correctly. What am i doing wrong? The left click function also isn't working

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I have my nei subsets on recipe mode. When I shift left click the question mark in the gui it doesn't auto fill correctly. What am i doing wrong? The left click function also isn't working
If you are trying to craft something and don't have all the items needed, or one of the items doesn't stack (e.g. a lava bucket) shift+left click won't work

timtwins

Jul 29, 2019
I have all the items in my inventory. I found out that I needed to change "profile recipes" option to "true".

Drawman

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to choose what version of a mod pack you want?
Sorry, i noticed that i was late to answer after posting. :/
jb1nyv.png

Edit :
Cropped and re-uploaded the image.

Last edited:

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019

Deep dark is -100 Nether is -1 (unless things have changed) Please don't go nuts about this link being from an unofficial wiki, it has the info, is as accurate as is possible, was easy to locate and I don't believe is available here. http://ftbwiki.org/Dimension

is there a way to choose what version of a mod pack you want?
To clarify for anyone like me who may need things to be clear - the button on the launcher will say "Recommended" unless you chose a version from the list. Currently 1.0.4 & 1.1.1 are showing as available (as well as 1.0.3, 1.0.2 etc) 1.0.3 is the current recommended but according to the last DW20 episode 1.0.4 "could be" recommended "by the time of uploading" the video. I have been using 1.0.4 for a around week and the only issue I may have had was loss of Thaumcraft research which I repaired (mostly) from a backup.

NOTE: Always make a manual backup of you world save before using any non-recommended version

1.1.1 - I have not looked at, I assume that is the next update but as 1.0.4 is not yet recommended I am leaving that alone.

BTW Drawman can you crop the empty space from images before posting please

Last edited:

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
If you do a manual backup you can copy the -100 or -1 back from that if it is wrong with no harm done - you can not delete your overworld by accident as it is not a listed dimension.

NinjaPig31

Jul 29, 2019
I am making a custom modpack and I have a few questions related to it

I have been hearing people say that the configs for iguana tweaks in material energy ^4 is op compared to the regular, if yes could someone please explain how so.

I have another question based on the tinkers long bows and crossbows. In my testing I found no difference damage wise and the only differences were in the draw speed, and whether or not you can pick up arrows/bolts after shooting them. In this, the crossbow had a longer draw speed and I was able to pick up the bolts but not arrows. Another difference was that the crossbow was auto draw. I tested all of this with blue slime crossbows and longbows. I was wondering which is better and what are the best bows and arrows/bolts you can have with them.

My last question is not relevant to tinkers, but I was wondering how can I compile my mod pack and send it to my friends who will also be playing with it. I was thinking something along the lines of multi mc and sending them a rar file so they can unzip it into an instance. That is not a very practical idea I was wondering if any of you have any better ideas on how to distribute the modpack.

I can also give the modpack to some of you guys if you want to play on it as I am hosting a server and there arent too many people playing.

Thank you all in advance :)!!

I got an answer to my first two questions, but not to the last one based on distributing my modpack. Could someone please answer that?