Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Is there something I can setup that just goes through my chests that analyzes everything in them with the thaumcraft analyze thing?

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
What else benefits a crossbow besides redstone? I have a fully maxed redstone xbow with 4 modifiers left. Its also got moss + silky + bane of arthropods + emerald

(everything besides the redstone was put on there by the random iguana tweaks thing)

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
moss or flux, maybe luck. Those are the three that are likely to be actually useful on bows or crossbows. (other than redstone ofc)

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
moss or flux, maybe luck. Those are the three that are likely to be actually useful on bows or crossbows. (other than redstone ofc)
I don't think lapis functions correctly on bows and crossbows. In my testing it had no noticeable affect on drop rates.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Mmmm, I copied the settings from ME^4 to the infinity pack because why not. Now I have a crossbow that does 216 damage with Many bolts.

How much does the draconic evolution multiblock storage thing store?

DorinnB

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any bloc/mod in 1.7.10 like "switches" in 1.6.4 ?
Something acting as a lever but more "modern" ?

Thx

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
# Configuration file

general {
  B:addFrameCopyResetRecipes=true
  B:addRecipes=true
  I:energyPerBlock=250
  I:maximumBlocksPushed=1024
}

Thanks all who replied, PhilHibbs seems to have been the easiest solution, I was a bit unsure if air blocks counted but when I added up the blocks I got 1075 so I removed about 64 from the floor and it worked.

Last edited:

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I have another (Hope I'm not over my quota :rolleyes:)

I have a Bloodwood tree to supplement my redstone dust supply, is there a way to farm glowstone dust. Mining the nether doesn't get much, wand of equal trade is the most efficient way I have at present but that means manual labor. I did read on a year old reddit post that witch spawners might be a solution, I get a little from my cursed earth spawner, but I don't know if this is even an option on DW20 1.7.10 as I have not found any witch spawners. I suppose I could soul vial one and create a spawner but is this the best solution?

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
Mystctaft world with glowstone as the dirt and stone though maybe hard to get a nice stable age that doesn't go all random. But that would solve glowstone problems. Witchery adds structures that have 2 witch spawners and dispenser with loot but RNG can be mean and not help with that.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I have another (Hope I'm not over my quota :rolleyes:)

I have a Bloodwood tree to supplement my redstone dust supply, is there a way to farm glowstone dust. Mining the nether doesn't get much, wand of equal trade is the most efficient way I have at present but that means manual labor. I did read on a year old reddit post that witch spawners might be a solution, I get a little from my cursed earth spawner, but I don't know if this is even an option on DW20 1.7.10 as I have not found any witch spawners. I suppose I could soul vial one and create a spawner but is this the best solution?
Demonic bees from Forestry. They are easy to get(very early available with little breeding required) and produces Glowstone and Phosphor(which can be used to produce Lava).

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Mystctaft world with glowstone as the dirt and stone though maybe hard to get a nice stable age that doesn't go all random. But that would solve glowstone problems. Witchery adds structures that have 2 witch spawners and dispenser with loot but RNG can be mean and not help with that.

Demonic bees from Forestry. They are easy to get(very early available with little breeding required) and produces Glowstone and Phosphor(which can be used to produce Lava).

Thank you both for the replies - bees, I have a love hate relationship with and I am not ready just yet to delve into them. Mystcraft scares me a little with all the instability so I will just limit that mod to linking books for now.

I'll have a look for the witch spawner structures (I think that witchery is another dimension isn't it) and unless another answer arrives I'll stick to equal trade.

Thanks again

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Does DW20 have MFR? You could always grab one with a reusable safari net and run a auto-spawner for witches.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Does DW20 have MFR? You could always grab one with a reusable safari net and run a auto-spawner for witches.
Yes it has 2 options for spawning - MFR safari net capture put in a spawner and the EnderIO vial capture that you can then make a powered spawner with any broken spawner. I will give the MFR option a try as I have nearly unlimited essence and a room set up.

DorinnB

Jul 29, 2019
mfr laser drill with yellow focus. it will pay the big reactor yelloirum used to power the laser drill and add sulfur and glowstone ?

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Is there something I can setup that just goes through my chests that analyzes everything in them with the thaumcraft analyze thing?
You can use a dropper to drop it in front of you and then something else to pick it up and move to another inventory after 5 seconds

You then just need to hold right click (or weigh it down) as the items cycle in front of you

Reactions: PhilHibbs

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
Nope but maybe that could be a new feature or something with the addons after its unlocked takes twice as long to do since it could be automated vis makes it faster and its locked to a player like arcane doors and such. Won't discover new aspects but will all the ones you have unlocked at least that's my opinion on it

Reactions: jordsta95

Maxiride

Jul 29, 2019
I read on the Biomes o plenty wiki that passive mob spawn rate are different biome from biome, however in the config folder I didn't found any option to increase or normalize the spawn rate.

This question is because I still have to find a damn chicken or sheep xD